2DR Rear seat relocation

BadApple

So i recently ordered my Rockhard cage and harness bars for my 2dr. With the front harness bar installed my infant seat can not be used due to the slant of the back of the car seat. Is it possible to take the 3rd row seat brackets that Smittybilt makes for the 4dr and move the back seat back as far as possible? Has anyone done this? Is it even possible? Thanks in advance for any info.

Brankz

So i recently ordered my Rockhard cage and harness bars for my 2dr. With the front harness bar installed my infant seat can not be used due to the slant of the back of the car seat. Is it possible to take the 3rd row seat brackets that Smittybilt makes for the 4dr and move the back seat back as far as possible? Has anyone done this? Is it even possible? Thanks in advance for any info.

Who needs a rear seat! Just take it off we are not taxis we are jeepers :D

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I assume you dont have kids.

Your correct lol

On a serious note I think there might be a way that it could work. The downside would be you would lose the little space we already have in our 2 doors

Sent from my iPhone

BadApple

Your correct lol

On a serious note I think there might be a way that it could work. The downside would be you would lose the little space we already have in our 2 doors

Sent from my iPhone

Yea im not worried about space i have a trailer now for all my gear im just looking to make it comfortable for the kids also without going 4dr i really do not like the look of them

BadApple

Oh yea you have kids.

I'm sure that can be done, I will do some amazing brankZ FBI googleing for you and I let you know

Yea my first post clearly said stuff about my kids. I already googled it no one has posted anything about it and the only product to even move a 2dr seat is the brackets for adding a 2dr seat to the back of a 4dr giving it a 3rd row

Brankz

Yea my first post clearly said stuff about my kids. I already googled it no one has posted anything about it and the only product to even move a 2dr seat is the brackets for adding a 2dr seat to the back of a 4dr giving it a 3rd row

Will you cut the brackets and move them Back where you want them and welt them on place?

BadApple

Will you cut the brackets and move them Back where you want them and welt them on place?

No Teraflex makes a mount to put into the back of a 4 dr its a bolt in application i just dont know if its possible on a 2dr to move the seat back

TrailBear

How hard is the bar to install? Your best bet might be to keep it out when you have the kids along, then reinstall when going wheeling ? Might be to big of a pain, maybe you can get another set of seat brackets from a two door, cut them and lengthen them to your needs?

BadApple

I think the 2 door is smaller?

Well of course it is! The brackets teraflex makes is 2 brackets a left and a right side. They were originally made to install a 2dr backseat into the cargo area of a 4dr the brackets are not 2 or 4dr specific.

Brankz

Well of course it is! The brackets teraflex makes is 2 brackets a left and a right side. They were originally made to install a 2dr backseat into the cargo area of a 4dr the brackets are not 2 or 3dr specific.

I say go for it, maybe will work

BadApple

How hard is the bar to install? Your best bet might be to keep it out when you have the kids along, then reinstall when going wheeling ? Might be to big of a pain, maybe you can get another set of seat brackets from a two door, cut them and lengthen them to your needs?

The kids are always along if we cant go wheeling as a family we dont go. and its a pain to install not something i would wanna do more than once plus the harnesses i would have to take them out also.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Do you have five point harnesses? If no then why run the harness bar?

You could weld new brackets to the tub and call it a day. Just measure the factory brackets and then weld the new ones in the same spots farther back. The seat will sit a bit higher but it won't be the end of the world.

Also note that in the incident of a rollover and injury insurance might say no to covering it since it has been modified from original safety inspection.

Last edited:
Top Bottom