t-case swap question

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Anyone know how to tell the difference visually between a rubi transfer case that came from a manual tranny and an auto? Any other markings or numbers that differentiate them? I'm about to buy a used rubi case to upgrade my X transfer case but the guy doesn't know if it came out of an auto or manual. I've searched and found mixed info on whether or not they are interchangeable, some say yes, some say no. Here's few pics of the case. Any info would be appreciated. Trying to avoid buying the case and then finding out it's not compatible.

photo.jpg photo-1.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
they are the same and you can use it in either an auto or manual. i should know, i had an auto t-case installed in my manual jk.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
eggggssselllent

Damn, you're fast Eddie, lol. Thanks, just the news I wanted to hear :clap2: Picking it up on Saturday, can't wait to install and try that 4:1 crawl ratio, whoohoo. Here's another for ya. Do you know if Rubi's have a different rear drive shaft? Someone at a local 4WD shop told me they had different output flange between Rubi and X but I didn't think so :idontknow:

Top Bottom