Rear Folding Seat Lock

dblcrona

I am in the process of building a carpeted plywood cover for the tub on my 2013 JKU. I have seen a lot of build threads for these and most people cut and mount a piece of plywood behind the rear seats so that if your doors are off someone can't just fold down the rear seats to gain access to your cargo. What I would prefer to do is devise a way to lock the release mechanism that allows the seats to fold down. This seems nicer in the event that I want to haul something long. Anyone out there with any good ideas?

JungerJk

I'm looking into the same thing. I'm planning on trying to tackle some type of Mod this weekend, will let you know what the collective we come up with :).

JungerJk

Okay. So I did a couple internet searches and didn't see much other than this question posted on a number of other forums :brows:. I have an 08 4 door, so I'm not sure if this will work for a two door, or even other model years. After looking under the seat, the latching/folding mechanism was actually pretty simple.

Note: Obviously if someone wants to get into your trunk space bad enough they will, but this might act as a slight deterrent for the quick grab and go.

The silver bar on the right is what allows the seat to move forward and fold (Kids cheez-its are free)
WP_20140501_17_31_42_Pro.jpg

Ran to walmart for a $5.00 lock
WP_20140501_19_56_54_Pro.jpg

I drilled a hold in the seat base that was bolted to the floor
WP_20140501_19_59_18_Pro.jpg

Locked it :)
WP_20140501_20_00_00_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom