2014 rubicon x

Kilroy

Anyone know what this is? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393902597.763020.jpg

New jeep, my friend has a sierra and it does not have this.

Last edited:

JKFlyer

Welcome. U should take time to introduce yourself. It is some kind if homemade switch.
..lights... garage door opener...compressor on...etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kilroy

Lol thx and ya thats my problem just got it on saturday. sad part sent email to dealer and he said he would have to ask a tech he never seen it before.

Kilroy

Welcome. U should take time to introduce yourself. It is some kind if homemade switch.
..lights... garage door opener...compressor on...etc.

Ya but this rubi is right off the showroom floor. Also sorry ya new on wayalife was jammer on the Project jk fourms been on for sometime.

Last edited:

MrHooah04

I don't believe it's dealer installed..I've seen this on more than one 2014 at the dealership. Perhaps an option from the factory?

jku_robert

Its an after market alarm system. It looks like its deactivated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jku_robert

Worked at a dealer for 3 years and those were installed in all our cars

dglangan

I don't believe it's dealer installed..I've seen this on more than one 2014 at the dealership. Perhaps an option from the factory?

Nope, nothing from the factory would have an exposed screw and wire like this...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393902597.763020.jpg

I think even the dealership would do a neater job than that. Follow the wire and see where it goes.

JKFlyer

Its not an impressive job. The wires are coming out ...not hidden beneath the panel ....and thst panel takes 2 seconds to remove. why don't you just remove those panels and see where the wires lead to? They are very easy to unsnap. Just pull off bottom one first with hand and then upper one.

Also, what happens when you push the button???

NV375

I think it was part of a dealer security system. The Ford dealer I bought a few trucks from put them in then removed them before delivery. You could still see a mounting hole and crappy wire connections. Just my best guess.

jku_robert

Its not an impressive job. The wires are coming out ...not hidden beneath the panel ....and thst panel takes 2 seconds to remove. why don't you just remove those panels and see where the wires lead to? They are very easy to unsnap. Just pull off bottom one first with hand and then upper one.

Nothing happens, part with the dots deactivates the system

Kilroy

Ok will do i check it out

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Did you have a secondary window sticker with dealer installed items. A lot of times things like locking lug nuts, window anti theft etching etc? They legally have to tell you anything they install. The factory would never install like that. It's also possible your dealer traded another dealer for the vehicle and they didn't even know the other guy installed something. Happens frequently.

Kilroy

Did you have a secondary window sticker with dealer installed items. A lot of times things like locking lug nuts, window anti theft etching etc? They legally have to tell you anything they install. The factory would never install like that. It's also possible your dealer traded another dealer for the vehicle and they didn't even know the other guy installed something. Happens frequently.

Ya they traded to get it, i'll bring it back and see what they have to say. so they should have removed it?

Top Bottom