Currie Antirock Swaybars

Yeahright

How many people are using them and what are your thoughts?, Good bad or otherwise, I am thinking of using then in the front and rear. Any advice would be good.

suicideking

I am also considering these as a future mod. I wheel with many guys that have the anti rock. Some front only, some front and rear.

From talking to them and reading about them, my impression is that they will give you un-matched performance off road, but not as nice of a ride on road. So if daily driving is a big concern, this should be a consideration.

The guys that I wheel with say it's 'not that bad' on road and that you will get used to it. Just more body roll, especially when turning.

One alternative I am considering is the ORO dual rate sway bar. It has a setting for off road and another setting for on road that will be close to stock (on road). It seems somewhat rare though, I've never wheeled with anyone that has it.

Since mine will stop being my DD when it's paid off in 3 years, I might just wait until then to get the anti-rock. I have lots of other expensive mods I want to get done first.

ttfhell

What's wrong with stock? The ones I've been around are squeaky as hell. Not sure I would want more body roll. Have you been limited by the stock setup?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How many people are using them and what are your thoughts?, Good bad or otherwise, I am thinking of using then in the front and rear. Any advice would be good.

Super squeaky and annoying as hell. I wouldn't run them if you paid me to. If you have a Rubicon, there's no way I would give up the e-disco for one up front and in the rear, I find that they can actually offer up too much resistance.

ADDENDUM: Since making this post years ago, I have since found that my opinion of Antirocks have changed and I now see them as having a valuable place in off roading, especially when it comes to things like bombing across the desert. The stability they offer in these situations is something I have come to desire and would now recommend.

Last edited:
What do you recommend, Eddie? Especially for someone like me who is going to the Evo bolt on coil over setup.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What do you recommend, Eddie? Especially for someone like me who is going to the Evo bolt on coil over setup.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

What I can tell you is that if you look under my Jeeps, you will still find factory sway bars front and rear. I tried running a custom aftermarket rear sway bar much like the Anti-Rock and it was even had a softer rate torsion bar but, it still was more than I wanted and it squeaked just like an Anti-Rock. I now run factory as they are what I like best.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
just out of curiosity, the rear factory sway bars have two different part numbers. one for a sport or sahara and one for rubicon. by chance is the sport or sahara one "softer"?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
just out of curiosity, the rear factory sway bars have two different part numbers. one for a sport or sahara and one for rubicon. by chance is the sport or sahara one "softer"?

Good question and it's one that I don't know for sure. I should clarify that I am running Rubicon rear sway bar just in case it matters.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What I can tell you is that if you look under my Jeeps, you will still find factory sway bars front and rear. I tried running a custom aftermarket rear sway bar much like the Anti-Rock and it was even had a softer rate torsion bar but, it still was more than I wanted and it squeaked just like an Anti-Rock. I now run factory as they are what I like best.

this is the squeak that magically disappeared when it broke on the 2012 jkx right? :cheesy:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Good question and it's one that I don't know for sure. I should clarify that I am running Rubicon rear sway bar just in case it matters.

i was snooping on qt looking to see how much the rubicon motors were, might sell mine and put a evo no limits. and came across they have two separate ones for the rear. http://www.quadratec.com/products/56016_0005.htm http://www.quadratec.com/products/56016_0006.htm . my guess is the sport might be "softer" also to the op, i'd look for a used rubicon sway bar for the front, even if the motor is shot. just throw a evo no limits in it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
also to the op, i'd look for a used rubicon sway bar for the front, even if the motor is shot. just throw a evo no limits in it.

^^^^ this is what i am in the process of doing. found a used one on craigslist and just waiting for my evo sway bat links and no limits to get delivered.

Top Bottom