Regear questions.

jiggawhatpolo

So I am getting 35's. On my 2010 jeep jk 2 door. Now I am reading about re gearing. I am not sure what I have and didnt want to spend a ton of money. What do you all recommend?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BBG

4.88 and AEV programmer:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

depends on a couple things, you have a manual so already thats a little easier
O#1 if you use it as a daily drive and wheel every so often i would say 4.56s for better road and gas.
O#2 if you are going bigger then 35s say 37s 4.88 more 5.13s with the 3.8
O#3 if you are not a big daily driver and wheel a ton and never plan on bigger then 35s i say 4.88

thats just my Opinion i plan 4.88 as i have a 12 manual daily and 37s.

jiggawhatpolo

Its not my daily driver but I dont really offroad. 35's are prob my max tire size.

jiggawhatpolo

Also mr being a noob. I would have to regear the front and rear correct?

BBG

Well what kinda tires do you have? My wife has 35 inch generals A/T and they are more like 33's once I measured them and I left the gears stock she's got 49,000 miles on her jeep and all's well with stock drive shafts.

BBG

You don't really notice the difference with 35's as opposed to 37's in a manual because you control your own shift points. ..... if you plan on wheeling hard like said above regear it if not leave it your not losing that much mpg to spend 1200.00 bucks to regear; might even be more than that. ....:what:

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
depends on a couple things, you have a manual so already thats a little easier
O#1 if you use it as a daily drive and wheel every so often i would say 4.56s for better road and gas.
O#2 if you are going bigger then 35s say 37s 4.88 more 5.13s with the 3.8
O#3 if you are not a big daily driver and wheel a ton and never plan on bigger then 35s i say 4.88

thats just my Opinion i plan 4.88 as i have a 12 manual daily and 37s.

Comparing a 2010 to a 2012 in not comparing apples to apples due to the difference in motors. There are two different charts floating around on here one for the 3.8 and one for the 3.6 Pentastar. If I can find the link I'll post it. It gives you the tire size and RPM ranges for 70 MPH based on gearing selection.

Edit: Here is the link to the FAQ section. Click on the Gearing section and scroll down the the gear chart. Hope this helps.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2180-JK-FAQ-Answers-to-the-Questions-Every-Newbie-has-about-the-JK-Wrangler

Last edited:

noroad

Comparing a 2010 to a 2012 in not comparing apples to apples due to the difference in motors. There are two different charts floating around on here one for the 3.8 and one for the 3.6 Pentastar. If I can find the link I'll post it. It gives you the tire size and RPM ranges for 70 MPH based on gearing selection.

Edit: Here is the link to the FAQ section. Click on the Gearing section and scroll down the the gear chart. Hope this helps.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2180-JK-FAQ-Answers-to-the-Questions-Every-Newbie-has-about-the-JK-Wrangler

Well if u read my post u would see that i had said with the 3.8 and the last line was simple me explaining my build!

jesse3638

Hooked
Well if u read my post u would see that i had said with the 3.8 and the last line was simple me explaining my build!

No worries I was just trying to avoid any confusion as the OP is a self described "noob"....;) BTW too bad I didn't know you were on here 6 months ago. I was in Boston on vacation. Would have been cool to meet up for a beer.

Top Bottom