king coilovers! length? 2.0? 2.5? 3.0?

enjoylife

i have my 2006 wrangler rubicon and have a 5.5 inch rubicon express long arm lift kit. but now id like to move to some king coilovers remote setup. im wondering what is really the difference between the 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0?..im looking to make sense of all this and what length may be best for me. naturally im wanting to say 18 inchers and get that flex and droop! but i need to make sure i can even put that much coilover to use.... spring rate of 250 over 200 seems to be reasonable for me when it comes to that atleast

StrizzyChris

i have my 2006 wrangler rubicon and have a 5.5 inch rubicon express long arm lift kit. but now id like to move to some king coilovers remote setup. im wondering what is really the difference between the 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0?..im looking to make sense of all this and what length may be best for me. naturally im wanting to say 18 inchers and get that flex and droop! but i need to make sure i can even put that much coilover to use.... spring rate of 250 over 200 seems to be reasonable for me when it comes to that atleast

2.0 would be plenty for a TJ or LJ (its what is used on the EVO Bolt on coilovers) if your running reservoirs. The real advantage of a 2.5 or 3.0 is the higher oil capacity and less chance of "fade" when wheeling for a long period of time. For most people a 3.0 with resi would be much more than they would ever need or see the value in. 200 and 250 spring rates would probably be fine but a little more on the firm side unless your running a lot of armor, heavy bumpers, and large spare.

Jiffy05

18 inches seems like a lot unless you are doing a lot of cutting and stretching on the jeep. If anything I would only go with 12-14". Also a stock driveshaft won't be long enough for that long of a coilover.

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

also...when investing that much money into a set of coilovers, I would cycle your suspension(given the fact that this isn't a daily driver) after you have your control arms installed to get your ideal shock length. Do this to determine the amount of travel you have at full stuff and at full droop that your already installed/permanent components will allow. While taking those measurements, keep in mind the drive shaft for bind and any contact of other components. You will measure axle mounting point to frame side mounting point in both the droop and stuff positions to determine shock length.

Example: Evo Lever uses limiting straps to stop the allowed travel. They probably could market the kit for 18"of droop, but that's not true USABLE travel in the real world.

enjoylife

ive seen 16's used on a tj and it all looked to get the job done. im looking for max amount of flex. but usable flex you know. if fenders and all seem to sell me short on that i will gladly modify them. i love the xrc jk fenders enough that i will make a set of my own for the tj soon enough. and i am weighted down with xrc tj fenders front and rear bumper and wench. long arm kit and all. i am currently running 37 inch tires

Top Bottom