PDA

View Full Version : My Dozer

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

olram30
03-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Figured I'd start a build thread, Just in case i have any questions with up coming things. this is my second jeep. my first one was a learning experience.The white one was a 2011 sport, had plans for it, but the jeep dealer had a brand new dozer and i really liked the color, and was fully loaded. really need seat warmers living in wyoming.
the gmc in the background got traded in for a second jeep..

olram30
03-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Here is some little things I've done so far. Added grabars,evo bumper and singer, d rings, trimmed fenders, poison spider wheel spacers, painted wheels black abs moved the license plate.

olram30
03-04-2014, 09:35 PM
Got evo rear skins in and test fitting some lights. Got the lights from murdocs. Waiting for my resistors to come in.

olram30
03-04-2014, 09:37 PM
And here is how she sits today, put on evo skins and sliders also. She's looking like a hot rod. Lift and tires are soon. Just trying to decide what to get..

olram30
03-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Also put this on today, vacuum pump relocation bracket

olram30
03-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Here is what replaced the gmc sierra, got the wife a 2014 Rubicon x.

olram30
03-04-2014, 09:45 PM
I got my c gusset in and need to be installed, just waiting on my welder to come in. Tired of borrowing my step dad's stuff. Got a Hobart 125 ez on order.
Trying to decide what lift, do I really need coil overs or enforcer.. in the mean time keep getting other things that I need regardless like skids, axle shafts and drive shafts.

JK_Dave
03-04-2014, 09:52 PM
What's your end goal? Sometimes it's easier to work backwards and then you can plan out what's required to put on 35's for example. That often dictates the need for supporting mods like your driveshaft, gussets, etc.

olram30
03-04-2014, 09:56 PM
What's your end goal? Sometimes it's easier to work backwards and then you can plan out what's required to put on 35's for example. That often dictates the need for supporting mods like your driveshaft, gussets, etc.

Something like this, lol. I'm not sure yet, 35's would be cheaper in the long run. 37's would be nice. Just cost more to do it right.

Canvas JK
03-04-2014, 09:56 PM
If you with the double d long arm kit you can go coil overs later and sell the springs and shocks. With the double d you will have the long arm to go with coil overs. Then again you can run stock control arms with coil overs.

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

hlax2525
03-04-2014, 09:58 PM
And here is how she sits today, put on evo skins and sliders also. She's looking like a hot rod. Lift and tires are soon. Just trying to decide what to get..

Looks awesome so far. Can't wait to see the progress

olram30
03-04-2014, 10:00 PM
If you with the double d long arm kit you can go coil overs later and sell the springs and shocks. With the double d you will have the long arm to go with coil overs. Then again you can run stock control arms with coil overs.

I was thinking 3" enforcer and 35's at first, then move up to the bolt on coil over with currie arms and 37's and put the enforcer on the white jeep with the 35's.

JK_Dave
03-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Something like this, lol. I'm not sure yet, 35's would be cheaper in the long run. 37's would be nice. Just cost more to do it right.

Haha, you didn't get into this Wayalife because it's cheap, did you? :D ;)

Canvas JK
03-04-2014, 10:06 PM

Jeep Just Empty Every Pocket and the kids college fund and eat ramen every night for two years.

olram30
03-04-2014, 10:06 PM

it's an expensive hobby, plus the wife wants things done to her jeep also. :crazyeyes:

olram30
03-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Looks awesome so far. Can't wait to see the progress

Thank you!

JK_Dave
03-05-2014, 01:26 AM
Have you thought about painting the seam below your tailgate black? IMO that looks a lot better when you remove the rear bumper.

olram30
03-05-2014, 01:32 AM
Have you thought about painting the seam below your tailgate black? IMO that looks a lot better when you remove the rear bumper.

I need to wait till spring to paint. Need to redo the wheel wells and pinch seam where the old rubi rails were. I'm still thinking of doing the back also.

olram30
03-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Other little things I've done are cut the fencing sword antenna and paint it black, Northridge interior lights and rr hood latches. The led lights are a big improvement and the hood latches fixed the hood flutter and look a lot better.

Brankz
03-06-2014, 07:26 PM
I see a mini rubicat on our way!!
Bad ass rig brotha

JKFlyer
03-07-2014, 02:37 AM
Other little things I've done are cut the fencing sword antenna and paint it black, Northridge interior lights and rr hood latches. The led lights are a big improvement and the hood latches fixed the hood flutter and look a lot better.

Nice build so far. I also got the north ridge lights....they are awesome

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30
03-07-2014, 02:44 AM
I see a mini rubicat on our way!!
Bad ass rig brotha

Thanks man. Still got a ways to go.. some day I'll get it the way I want, but I don't think there is a end to having a jeep..

olram30
03-07-2014, 02:46 AM
Nice build so far. I also got the north ridge lights....they are awesome

Yeah, 25 bucks or something . I want some for the white jeep, but Northridge said they might not work on 14's. :(

JKFlyer
03-07-2014, 02:54 AM
Yeah, 25 bucks or something . I want some for the white jeep, but Northridge said they might not work on 14's. :(

Yup..25ish. Amazing how such a cheap mod is so noticeable!

JKbrick
03-07-2014, 01:44 PM

How did you cut the antenna down and how short is too short? I know that is a loaded question!

olram30
03-07-2014, 02:53 PM
How did you cut the antenna down and how short is too short? I know that is a loaded question!

You pop the ball on the end off with visegrips and pliers. Then cut some off, I don't remember how much I cut off. I'm out of town right now. Then file down the end so the ball fits and hammer it back on. Then paint. I have the same radio reception and also have satellite radio. I need to do it on the white jeep, I'll take some pictures. Pretty easy.

JKbrick
03-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Thanks, I was going to do my work truck too since I get free washes

olram30
03-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Load resistors came in for the tail lights. Doing a little test fit. I'm going to go buy a hole saw to cut out the lights. Looking in there and there is some brace or something. be easier with a 4.5" hole saw.

olram30
03-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Taped up, and too late to turn back! The astro nutsert tool is a must! Just need to start in the wiring now..:confused::eek:

olram30
03-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Got stuff ready to tackle the wiring. Just going to cut the old pig tail off and solder on to the new light.

olram30
03-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Not sure if this will help anybody, but the wiring goes
White w/purple= running
White w/green= back up lights
White w/yellow= brake and turn.
Black= ground.
Or so at least I hope.lol.

olram30
03-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Well, ran out of time. But I got the passenger side done! Guess I gotta drive with one side only.lol

olram30
03-11-2014, 01:59 AM
Crazy how much you have to cut out!

Sharkey
03-11-2014, 02:04 AM
Crazy how much you have to cut out!

Lol. Looking good. It feels a bit weird doesn't it (taking a saw to perfectly good sheet metal.)

olram30
03-11-2014, 02:05 AM
Gonna order evo protek skids and probably rims this month. Trying to debate between slabs or the new chamber rims. Probably go with slabs since they are cheaper. Need to decide on a winch also, thinking of getting a q series from quadratech until I can get a warn power plant.

olram30
03-11-2014, 03:58 AM
Lol. Looking good. It feels a bit weird doesn't it (taking a saw to perfectly good sheet metal.)

Little bit nerve racking! Hopefully tomorrow I can finish. I'm just glad every nutsert went in ok. Didn't have to drill any out and redo.

hinrichs
03-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Looks good man, im waiting for it to warm up a little more to start my skin install. Did you paint them yourself? or have them coated? Also once the holes are drilled, are they easy to get back on or do you have to use straps and clamps to re-align them?

I have the quadratec winch with synthetic line that has been perfect for me so far for the ammount it gets used. I was going to get a powerplant but decided the money could go to more things, and ended up just upgrading my compressor instead.

olram30
03-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Looks good man, im waiting for it to warm up a little more to start my skin install. Did you paint them yourself? or have them coated? Also once the holes are drilled, are they easy to get back on or do you have to use straps and clamps to re-align them?

I have the quadratec winch with synthetic line that has been perfect for me so far for the ammount it gets used. I was going to get a powerplant but decided the money could go to more things, and ended up just upgrading my compressor instead.

I followed mtg's directions. Strap from door latch to tail gate latch. Clamp in the tail light hole and one in the bottom corner. Drilled the holes with the skins on. I used self etching primer, then coat of black paint, then coat of rustolium bed liner. Then put silicone and started from the door end. One bolt at a time and work your way back. Maybe a clamp to nudge the last three bolts.
I live in a little town in Wyoming, no powder coaters here:(.
I think I may go that route with the winch.

hinrichs
03-11-2014, 01:03 PM
yeah there arnt any coaters close to me, well that have decent pricing i should say, so im gonna attempt to paint them myself with some color matched paint instead. My guy thats good isnt used to doing larger jeep things and is like and hour and a half away which is annoying.

olram30
03-11-2014, 01:15 PM
yeah there arnt any coaters close to me, well that have decent pricing i should say, so im gonna attempt to paint them myself with some color matched paint instead. My guy thats good isnt used to doing larger jeep things and is like and hour and a half away which is annoying.

Color matched will look good! I'd wait to paint till after you have them fitted and holes drilled. Those straps will take the paint off. Got to torque down good to get them bastards snug.lol

olram30
03-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Weather turned to shit! But got the other side done. Just need to order some reverse lights. I think that's the last nutsert I have to do. Glad about that.

OverlanderJK
03-11-2014, 04:56 PM
What lift are you planning on?

olram30
03-11-2014, 05:14 PM
What lift are you planning on?

either the evo bolt on coil over or enforcer.. can't decide.. either is a good choice. trying to see if anyone here has nitrogen. from what i've read and heard the kings don't come charged. but i'm not a 100% sure on that.:thinking:

olram30
03-11-2014, 06:10 PM
so i have a little electrical gremlin going on. the rear lights work, running, brake and blinkers. but when the running lights are on the passenger side wont blink. drivers side works fine. but passenger side won't blink with running lights on. :thinking::thinking::thinking:
where is the blinker fluid? maybe i should check that..

eddy
03-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Here is some little things I've done so far. Added grabars,evo bumper and singer, d rings, trimmed fenders, poison spider wheel spacers, painted wheels black abs moved the license plate.

Looking sweet :thumb:

SaddleTramp
03-11-2014, 06:26 PM
so i have a little electrical gremlin going on. the rear lights work, running, brake and blinkers. but when the running lights are on the passenger side wont blink. drivers side works fine. but passenger side won't blink with running lights on. :thinking::thinking::thinking:
where is the blinker fluid? maybe i should check that..

Anything to do with your 3rd brake light splice? I was just getting ready to wire mine up that's been sitting in the garach after seeing a thread you all had a couple of days ago.

olram30
03-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Anything to do with your 3rd brake light splice? I was just getting ready to wire mine up that's been sitting in the garach after seeing a thread you all had a couple of days ago.

i used the actual third brake light wire for the oro light. my guess is these lights don't draw enough power maybe? driver side works fine, passenger side is the only side:thinking: front light blinks. still havent put on my side markers either.

olram30
03-11-2014, 06:48 PM
I got it figured out. I fucked up on the light. White is ground, for what ever reason on trailer lights, but I had the red and black backwards. Red goes to yellow and white and black goes to purple and white.

hinrichs
03-11-2014, 06:48 PM
hmm if you used those wires like you showed earlier you should be fine, thats how my led kit is wired up and everything works great. Well i should say the tails work, the little reverse lights would light up when the engine was running, not full bright, but still always on.

olram30
03-12-2014, 10:47 PM

Tried it out, looks pretty good. Thanks for the idea. Also put some fresh paint on the wheel wells. Gave her a good washing, Wyoming winters are brutal. Hadn't washed her since last summer.also cut the pinch seams, didn't need to yet, but the factory 90 seam bugged me.
I also ordered a tow hitch for the white jeep, I didn't get the tow package on it, 450 dollar option, but the new jeep came with 19/60 springs. The dozer came with a tow package and has 18/59 springs. I really don't understand their springs. Also ordered some lights for the reverse lighting.

JK_Dave
03-13-2014, 02:32 AM
Tried it out, looks pretty good. Thanks for the idea. Also put some fresh paint on the wheel wells. Gave her a good washing, Wyoming winters are brutal. Hadn't washed her since last summer.also cut the pinch seams, didn't need to yet, but the factory 90 seam bugged me.
I also ordered a tow hitch for the white jeep, I didn't get the tow package on it, 450 dollar option, but the new jeep came with 19/60 springs. The dozer came with a tow package and has 18/59 springs. I really don't understand their springs. Also ordered some lights for the reverse lighting.

Yes, looks so good now! Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30
03-14-2014, 01:12 AM
I know all my pictures are of my driveway, but I actually do go off road, lol. Here are some pictures of the mountains I like to wheel through. It's in the snowy range mountains in southern Wyoming.

SaddleTramp
03-14-2014, 05:58 AM
I know all my pictures are of my driveway, but I actually do go off road, lol. Here are some pictures of the mountains I like to wheel through. It's in the snowy range mountains in southern Wyoming.

I know that area very well, looks like around the Bow River/Sand Lake Lodge/Elk Mountain areas? Been up there both in the Summers and Winters (snowmobiles) all my life. Great pics.

olram30
03-14-2014, 10:13 AM
I know that area very well, looks like around the Bow River/Sand Lake Lodge/Elk Mountain areas? Been up there both in the Summers and Winters (snowmobiles) all my life. Great pics.

The cabins are the ones at sand lake, the lake is deep lake and the others are down the 105 b road. So far my favorite lakes are bear lake and phantom lake. The ones you have to hike into would be the shelf lakes and deep. Gonna explore by encampment this year in the Sierra madres. I think cow creek reservoir, silver lake and north and south spring creek lakes. Kinda looking forward to cow creek and silver, I heard the roads are pretty rough. Can't wait till summer. They just got a foot of snow last week. No getting up there without a snow mobile

olram30
03-16-2014, 12:42 AM
Reverse lights came in, couldn't afford rigid dullies, so got eBay "foolies". I'm gonna put them on the crossmember, the holes are perfect, but couldn't get a socket in one and gonna have to drill out the other, I think I'm just going to weld a threaded stud instead.

olram30
03-17-2014, 05:56 PM
Got the reverse lights on. Ended up welding a threaded stud on each end. Didn't feel like drilling. And they even light up. I'll see how bright they are tonight.

olram30
03-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Add some led side makers. Thinking I need to get a winch and maybe a light bar for up front. That hole in the bumper where a winch goes looks lonely.

olram30
03-19-2014, 10:24 PM
Well my change oil reminder came on and I am due for an oil change, thinking of going with synthetic oil. Seems most people run mobile 1. But I noticed some people go with 5/30. What should I go with?
Also since I have the oil out, figured I'd order the evo pto tec skids. Also ordered a procal and evo no limits say bar thing. My motor works fine, just rather run that and possibly sell my motor.

Jahowt
03-20-2014, 02:45 AM
I'm running Mobile1 Extended Performance (15000 mile) 5w-30. I don't run it 15000, but it's guaranteed and tested to that standard.

olram30
03-20-2014, 04:11 AM
I'm running Mobile1 Extended Performance (15000 mile) 5w-30. I don't run it 15000, but it's guaranteed and tested to that standard.

That's probably what I'll get. pick some up at Wal-Mart tomorrow. Thanks!

olram30
03-24-2014, 03:25 AM
I got 1/3 of the skids on and a oil change. Need to put on the other parts soon. I hate the way that line and transmission pan are open.
Also figured out my confusion on which oil, the 2012 dozer uses 5/30 and the new 2014 uses 5/20 which seems thin to me. More parts should be in tomorrow from Brown Santa.

olram30
03-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Got the last piece of the evo protek skids in. Also ditching the factory disco motor. Works fine, just rather have something I don't have to worry about getting damaged. Also got a procal and the evo fairlead light bracket. Probably gonna get a light bar, but Wyoming I'm required to have a front plate and the bracket has mounts for a plate. I think I can rig up some thumb screws. Also put on my wayalife stickers! To bad I have to go to work.

HILLZ
03-26-2014, 02:15 AM
Got the last piece of the evo protek skids in. Also ditching the factory disco motor. Works fine, just rather have something I don't have to worry about getting damaged. Also got a procal and the evo fairlead light bracket. Probably gonna get a light bar, but Wyoming I'm required to have a front plate and the bracket has mounts for a plate. I think I can rig up some thumb screws. Also put on my wayalife stickers! To bad I have to go to work.

ARB do a hinged plate bracket, is great if you need to winch ya just fold the plate up out of the way. not the clearest shot but you can just see the plate sticking out over the rope

olram30
03-26-2014, 07:39 AM
ARB do a hinged plate bracket, is great if you need to winch ya just fold the plate up out of the way. not the clearest shot but you can just see the plate sticking out over the rope

You know, when I was in the market for a front bumper, I almost went with the arb stubby bumper..I know it came with that bracket to use a license plate. Can't find the bracket anywhere by itself. I got some thumb screws and should work ok.our at least I hope.

olram30
03-26-2014, 04:21 PM
Finished the rest of the skids. I'll sleep better at night now.

olram30
03-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Got the evo no limits sway bar thing on. Procal to turn off the light fir the sway bar and also shut off the low tire light. I forgot how nice the procal is. Should come in handy to recenter the steering wheel after the lift.

olram30
04-01-2014, 08:45 PM
She's just begging to get that hole filled!
So in the mean time, I put on the evo light bracket. And the thumb screws worked good. Going on vacation this week, think when I get back I might get a winch, or the other things I need to get before the winch... thinking I might just go with a warn power plant. But I think before I put it in, I should get trucklites before. I think once I drop the winch in, there is no getting the grill off.also what length of synthetic line do people run? 80 or 100 feet? Also got the top bolts done on the bumper.

olram30
04-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Anybody have any reviews, experience or input on these mopar factory hood locks?
Kinda pricy, but you key it with your key and looks easy to install.

JK_Dave
04-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Anybody have any reviews, experience or input on these mopar factory hood locks?

Unless you're firm on using your stock key to unlock, I'd look at something like this: Rugged Ridge Hood Lock (http://www.ruggedridge.com/hood-lock-kit-07-12-jeep-jk-wrangler.html?)

hinrichs
04-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Are they really needed? what would someone steal from your bay?

JK_Dave
04-02-2014, 04:22 PM

Umm, $600 sPod maybe?

olram30
04-02-2014, 05:00 PM

Good question, here's a little back story on my situation. I'm an engineer for union Pacific railroad. When I get called to go to work, I have to leave my jeep parked in a lot at work. Sometimes I'm gone for around 2 days. I've seen fellow co workers tires get slashed, my friends jeep got keyed up and couple of hit and runs. I guess piece of mind.. I mean the battery is pretty easy to steal. If you don't get good parking, you have to park in this dirt lot and makes me nervous. Just paranoid I guess

QRS
04-02-2014, 05:33 PM

I installed it almost a year ago, it's very well constructed and it seems to offer very good protection.

It's pricey but it will give you peace of mind, I wouldn't like to come to my car and find out the battery is gone and wiring is a mess.

There are other options but for me they can't beat the fact that you use your Jeep's key.

You will need a rivet tool, but not the std small one, can't remember exactly what the size is for the rivets but they are big.

olram30
04-02-2014, 05:37 PM
I installed it almost a year ago, it's very well constructed and it seems to offer very good protection.

It's pricey but it will give you peace of mind, I wouldn't like to come to my car and find out the battery is gone and wiring is a mess.

There are other options but for me they can't beat the fact that you use your Jeep's key.

You will need a rivet tool, but not the std small one, can't remember exactly what the size is for the rivets but they are big.
Well, I do like buying tools. The same key as the ignition is a plus. I wish the locking gas caps were as easy to match with your key. I believe you have to go through the dealer and vin number. This thing I think just put your key in and turn. Thanks fir the reply, want sure if this lock was worth it because I never really hard anybody use one:thumbup:

seanb33
04-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Got the reverse lights on. Ended up welding a threaded stud on each end. Didn't feel like drilling. And they even light up. I'll see how bright they are tonight.

Great build so far! What pattern did you go with for the reverse lights?

hinrichs
04-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Good question, here's a little back story on my situation. I'm an engineer for union Pacific railroad. When I get called to go to work, I have to leave my jeep parked in a lot at work. Sometimes I'm gone for around 2 days. I've seen fellow co workers tires get slashed, my friends jeep got keyed up and couple of hit and runs. I guess piece of mind.. I mean the battery is pretty easy to steal. If you don't get good parking, you have to park in this dirt lot and makes me nervous. Just paranoid I guess

Makes sense, I never even thought about people stealing batteries and stuff.

olram30
04-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Great build so far! What pattern did you go with for the reverse lights?

thanks man, as far as the pattern goes? i got no clue. just ordered some from ebay, there were cheaper ones, but these shipped from the usa and so far no complaints. http://www.ebay.com/itm/291072216425?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
i guess 65 dollars isnt bad, i thought i paid 50, but these were them

seanb33
04-02-2014, 05:58 PM
thanks man, as far as the pattern goes? i got no clue. just ordered some from ebay, there were cheaper ones, but these shipped from the usa and so far no complaints. http://www.ebay.com/itm/291072216425?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
i guess 65 dollars isnt bad, i thought i paid 50, but these were them

Gotcha! Thanks for the quick reply. That price isn't bad at all!

olram30
04-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Makes sense, I never even thought about people stealing batteries and stuff.

if i didn't have to leave it parked for so long, i wouldn't care too much. but people are dicks out there in this world. :grayno:

olram30
04-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Gotcha! Thanks for the quick reply. That price isn't bad at all!

gonna keep my eye out for a 20" light bar. i don't mind going cheap on lighting as long as they work. if i was in some baja races, i could see dumping cash. i would like a 50" light bar also, but that might be later on.

seanb33
04-02-2014, 06:05 PM
gonna keep my eye out for a 20" light bar. i don't mind going cheap on lighting as long as they work. if i was in some baja races, i could see dumping cash. i would like a 50" light bar also, but that might be later on.

Is $300 cheap for a 20" in your opinion...?

olram30
04-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Is $300 cheap for a 20" in your opinion...?

depends, if its a ridgid or a quality then that could be a good price. i'm not sure on lighting prices. i was looking at 100 dollar ones..

seanb33
04-02-2014, 06:12 PM
depends, if its a ridgid or a quality then that could be a good price. i'm not sure on lighting prices. i was looking at 100 dollar ones..

Gotcha. Sent you a pm!

QRS
04-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Well, I do like buying tools. The same key as the ignition is a plus. I wish the locking gas caps were as easy to match with your key. I believe you have to go through the dealer and vin number. This thing I think just put your key in and turn. Thanks fir the reply, want sure if this lock was worth it because I never really hard anybody use one:thumbup:

Here is the link for the installation instructions.
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/101155.pdf

You are right, just put your key and turn it clockwise, it will set up your lock for that specific key.
Then you would use the key and turn it counterclockwise wise to open the lock, remember to take they key off the lock every time.
I have found myself looking for the key and it's in the lock. :D

I luckily got my locked gas cap from the dealer, the only extra key I have is for the shovel and hi-lift brackets on the Gobi roof rack.

QRS
04-02-2014, 06:48 PM

200 for a 50" Light bar.. ships from US
http://www.ebay.com/itm/52-inch-300W-Spot-Flood-Combo-LED-Work-Light-Lamp-Bar-Offroad-SUV-KILL-120W-240W-/301137298165?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item461d2e82f5

olram30
04-02-2014, 06:54 PM
200 for a 50" Light bar.. ships from US
http://www.ebay.com/itm/52-inch-300W-Spot-Flood-Combo-LED-Work-Light-Lamp-Bar-Offroad-SUV-KILL-120W-240W-/301137298165?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item461d2e82f5

thanks for the links, from that picture on the hood lock, that is a big riveter. i have a rivnut tool, but not sure if there are any attachments for that. looks like a big ass traditional rivet. :thumb:
edit, found this big rivet tool for 26 bucks. looks like it might work.http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumatic-4-Inch-Heavy-Duty-Riveter/dp/B00061SFDM/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1396465107&sr=8-19&keywords=rivet+tool

OverlanderJK
04-02-2014, 06:59 PM
I bought my 20" for $125 on eBay.

Mdrobb
04-03-2014, 01:57 AM
Regarding the keyed gas cap, you can get one off eBay. You will have to send them your VIN and it will arrive keyed to your Jeep and ready to go.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using WAYALIFE mobile app

HILLZ
04-03-2014, 03:38 AM
locking gas cap comes as standard equipment on all wrangler models here in Western Australia. :bleh::bleh::cheesy:

dunstan74
04-03-2014, 03:58 AM
locking gas cap comes as standard equipment on all wrangler models here in Western Australia. :bleh::bleh::cheesy:

Yeah same in NSW they come standard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SaddleTramp
04-03-2014, 06:24 AM
thanks for the links, from that picture on the hood lock, that is a big riveter. i have a rivnut tool, but not sure if there are any attachments for that. looks like a big ass traditional rivet. :thumb:
edit, found this big rivet tool for 26 bucks. looks like it might work.http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumatic-4-Inch-Heavy-Duty-Riveter/dp/B00061SFDM/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1396465107&sr=8-19&keywords=rivet+tool

I would think you could also use some good self tapping screws, :idontknow:, I installed another brand hood lock on a buddy's JK that looked like a rebranded Mopar lock and it just used 4 self tapping screws in the same locations as the Q-tech instructions linked above.

olram30
04-03-2014, 07:12 AM
I would think you could also use some good self tapping screws, :idontknow:, I installed another brand hood lock on a buddy's JK that looked like a rebranded Mopar lock and it just used 4 self tapping screws in the same locations as the Q-tech instructions linked above.

You know, that's a good idea.

olram30
04-03-2014, 07:13 AM

I saw that all the exports come standard with locking gas caps and hood latches

HILLZ
04-03-2014, 08:58 AM
I saw that all the exports come standard with locking gas caps and hood latches

Here we get the gas cap but not the hood latch.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30
04-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Checking fluids on or white 14 and saw this thing. Not sure wtf it is. Looks like a horn, but the horn is still behind the front light I think. Anybody know?

olram30
04-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Googled fiamm. I guess it's an extra horn. Not sure for what..

olram30
04-14-2014, 02:34 AM
Got back from our trip to New Mexico. 2500 round trip, this is what the grill looked like after. Bugs were bad. Few things I wish we had to make traveling easier, arb fridge. I think I'm going to have to invest in one. Dealing with ice and wet, soggy food sucks. Also truck lites for both jeeps. Stock lights blow. Also the white jeep is getting close for its first oil change. Might be a good time to put a evo oil pan skid. Buying parts for two jeeps is going to hurt the wallet. But at least our trip is over and I can dump money into them again.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
04-14-2014, 03:29 AM
Got back from our trip to New Mexico. 2500 round trip, this is what the grill looked like after. Bugs were bad. Few things I wish we had to make traveling easier, arb fridge. I think I'm going to have to invest in one. Dealing with ice and wet, soggy food sucks. Also truck lites for both jeeps. Stock lights blow. Also the white jeep is getting close for its first oil change. Might be a good time to put a evo oil pan skid. Buying parts for two jeeps is going to hurt the wallet. But at least our trip is over and I can dump money into them again.

Both the ARB Fridge/Freezer and Trucklite headlights will be mods you won't know why you waited so long and will never regret! I need a ARB Fridge/Freezer badly haha

JAGS
04-14-2014, 04:55 AM
Both the ARB Fridge/Freezer and Trucklite headlights will be mods you won't know why you waited so long and will never regret! I need a ARB Fridge/Freezer badly haha

I've been eyeing the fridge for a couple weeks. Almost pulled trigger today. Need to decide soon if I'm going to have it for the rubicon.

Everyone who has one stand by it 100%. But that price tag.....😁

- Jason

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
04-14-2014, 04:56 AM
I've been eyeing the fridge for a couple weeks. Almost pulled trigger today. Need to decide soon if I'm going to have it for the rubicon.

Everyone who has one stand by it 100%. But that price tag.....😁

- Jason

Yeah seriously

olram30
04-14-2014, 01:28 PM
870 bucks for the 50q is steep, but I think they are worth it. It's only money I guess..

olram30
04-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Well, I got my hobart welder, and welded on the evo c gussets. I highly recommend the hobart ez 125 for beginners or smaller jobs. Thing welds great. Also added 1" front spacers to help with the rake and for the winch that I should get next week or so. Excuse the mud

olram30
04-18-2014, 03:38 AM
Just a new rivet tool showed up today. Hopefully tomorrow Brown Santa Will have better goodies. Hope he gets here before I have to go to work..

Christarp
04-18-2014, 04:04 AM
Just a new rivet tool showed up today. Hopefully tomorrow Brown Santa Will have better goodies. Hope he gets here before I have to go to work..

Really need to get myself one of those! My harbor freight one bit the dust recently and I went back to the good old bolt and washers method, and let me tell you, it was not fun!

I recently picked up a hobart handler 125 and will be starting my first welding project soon! A license plate holder with integrated third brake light, reverse light, and license plate lights. I would love to get those gussets but I don't trust myself enough to weld something onto a functional part of my jeep haha, glad yours is working out for you!

olram30
04-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Really need to get myself one of those! My harbor freight one bit the dust recently and I went back to the good old bolt and washers method, and let me tell you, it was not fun!

I recently picked up a hobart handler 125 and will be starting my first welding project soon! A license plate holder with integrated third brake light, reverse light, and license plate lights. I would love to get those gussets but I don't trust myself enough to weld something onto a functional part of my jeep haha, glad yours is working out for you!

thats just a super sized regular rivet tool, i already had a astro rivnut tool and liked it. i ordered a hood lock and needed this thing to install it. 23 bucks from amazon wasn't too bad. and yes, the hobart is a nice welder, it welds up to 3/16 steel. anything bigger and i use my step dads arc welder. but for small stuff it works great and super easy to use:thumb: i found i get better welds if i drag rather than push with flux core wire.

olram30
04-18-2014, 04:47 PM
while sitting here bored, here is a list of parts i'd like to get and in no particular order. If any of these choices are bad or not ideal, please let me know.
control arms, currie with jj. http://northridge4x4.com/shop/currie-jk-rear-lower-control-arms-jk-off-road-suspension-system-9807rla , http://northridge4x4.com/shop/currie-jk-front-upper-control-arms-jk-off-road-suspension-system-9807fua , http://northridge4x4.com/shop/currie-jk-rear-upper-control-arms-jk-off-road-suspension-system-9807rua

evo trail table, i like to go to the mountains and this would be helpful trying to boil water for mountain house meals. http://northridge4x4.com/shop/off-road-evolution-jeep-jk-wrangler-trail-table-evo-1017

tire carrier,evo http://northridge4x4.com/shop/evo-jk-rear-tire-carrier-steel-evo-1069

diff covers,dynatrac http://northridge4x4.com/shop/dynatrac-pro-series-differential-cover-dana-44-d44-da44-4044-bb

still trying to decide on a lift, enforcer or bolt on coil overs.

winch warn power plant.should take care of oba also http://northridge4x4.com/shop/warn-powerplant-9-5-91800

head lights truck lites http://northridge4x4.com/shop/special-truck-lite-headlights-pulse-modulation-adapter-harness

front axle shafts,not a 100% sure if these are any good, if not direct me to a better brand http://northridge4x4.com/shop/g2-jk-2007-14-rubicon-dana-44-front-axle-kit-98-2051-001

same with rear axle shafts, these are already pressed and ready to bolt on http://northridge4x4.com/shop/ten-factory-jk-07-14-rubicon-dana-44-rear-chromoly-axle-kit-mg22157

need a soft top bestop trek top nx http://northridge4x4.com/shop/bestop-jk-2007-14-4-door-trektop-nx-56823-35

rims, slabs http://northridge4x4.com/shop/atx-slab-beadlock-17in-x-9in-38mm-offset-ax75679050738n-x5

drag link evohttp://northridge4x4.com/shop/off-road-evolution-jk-draglink-flip-kit-evo-1071

need to keep my beer cold arb fridge http://northridge4x4.com/shop/arb-fridge-freezer-50-qt-10800472

front drive shaft 1350 je reel http://northridge4x4.com/shop/j-e-reel-jk-2012-front-1350-c-v-heavy-duty-drive-line-2-4-door-automatic-trans

ball joints, these are bugging me. pro steer for 500 bucks or alloy from amazon for 135 bucks.http://northridge4x4.com/shop/dynatrac-prosteer-jk-ball-joints-prosteer-jp44-2x3050-a , http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009RP89V6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=28BJG70F3BVH9&coliid=I1YS7DZZ45S7XF

seat covers trek armorhttp://northridge4x4.com/shop/trek-armor-jeep-jk-2011-12-4dr-front-rear-seat-covers

for trash, trasharoo http://northridge4x4.com/shop/trasharoo-spare-tire-trash-bag-black or a onion bag like overlander?

exhaust, dynomax http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094FX31A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=28BJG70F3BVH9&coliid=I1CFFBIWXCKF6Q

cb i'm unsure on. cobra 29?

tires nitto trail grapplers 37"

gears i might have to go to colorado to NR4x4 and have installed. 5:13
some day but no time soon a pr 44 and arb lockers.
i think thats my short list for now. almost every part is American made and I'd try to stay American if possible.:thumb:

SaddleTramp
04-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Pretty solid list there, I'd love to add the ARB fridge as well and I'm also looking at the tried and true Cobra 29 or maybe go with a Uniden 880 since it is smaller and may give more mount location options?

olram30
04-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Pretty solid list there, I'd love to add the ARB fridge as well and I'm also looking at the tried and true Cobra 29 or maybe go with a Uniden 880 since it is smaller and may give more mount location options?

i'm going to have look into that, also thought of the cobra 75? i think it was.

olram30
04-18-2014, 06:09 PM

also, since you probably know the area better than me, have you ever been in the sierra madres past encampment? i heard the roads to get to some lakes were pretty rough? like silver lake, cow creek res, south spring creek.

SaddleTramp
04-18-2014, 06:13 PM
i'm going to have look into that, also thought of the cobra 75? i think it was.

Yeah, have a buddy here with a 75 and he likes it and a few others here who run them and sounds like they work well in close range groups which is when it'd probably be used a majority of the time.

Was just thinking of the Uniden as it seems to get good reviews, smaller foot print than other traditional full box CB units and would seem to have more range than the 75?

cozdude
04-18-2014, 06:16 PM
thats a solid list indeed! if your even considering the bolt on coilovers you mine as well get them. as for the CB i have the cobra 75 and i liked it. it was nice cause you could put it away when it was not in use and was decent in small groups. i switch the the 29 and have been a little happier with it. its louder and i have gotten better range and reception with it.

SaddleTramp
04-18-2014, 06:18 PM
also, since you probably know the area better than me, have you ever been in the sierra madres past encampment? i heard the roads to get to some lakes were pretty rough? like silver lake, cow creek res, south spring creek.

Yeah, been years since we ventured those areas and probably been there more on snowmobile than 4 wheels which is a total different experience. Crazy how 12 ft of snow makes everything look so different. Dad was just commenting last night how much is still sitting around up there.

I think a lot of that area is more accessible on two and four legs, ;-).

On that topic, we're planning to be up in the Bow River area either around July 4th and/or end of July, have to meet up!

olram30
04-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Yeah, been years since we ventured those areas and probably been there more on snowmobile than 4 wheels which is a total different experience. Crazy how 12 ft of snow makes everything look so different. Dad was just commenting last night how much is still sitting around up there.

I think a lot of that area is more accessible on two and four legs, ;-).

On that topic, we're planning to be up in the Bow River area either around July 4th and/or end of July, have to meet up!

yeah, they just got a couple feet of snow in the snowies. seems like I'm never going to get up there. i got some vacation days left and defiantly going to be in there all summer! :rock:

olram30
04-18-2014, 06:28 PM
thats a solid list indeed! if your even considering the bolt on coilovers you mine as well get them. as for the CB i have the cobra 75 and i liked it. it was nice cause you could put it away when it was not in use and was decent in small groups. i switch the the 29 and have been a little happier with it. its louder and i have gotten better range and reception with it.

i was worried that coil overs would be over kill, but they looks soo pretty!!! :yup:
i might try a cobra 75 in the wifes jeep, it just be nice to talk to her when she follows me instead of stopping and talking.

olram30
04-18-2014, 11:22 PM
Brown Santa showed up with some goodies! My plan is to go with a warn power plant, so as big as that thing is, figured now would be a good time to put in lights and a hood lock before the winch. Also the warn synthetic line looks good, for 217 bucks I thought was a good deal. Poison spider hause fairlead and fire extinguisher strap also. So I can knock off lights of my list and I should have the winch before the end of the month. Northridge has a package deal, I think I'm going to get a prolink in gunmetal. And next month should have a soft top. Kinda threw the idea around with the wife about the arb fridge and she thinks it a good idea. Didn't tell her how much it costs:eek:

SaddleTramp
04-19-2014, 12:08 AM
she thinks it a good idea. Didn't tell her how much it costs:eek:

What they don't know will never hurt them, it's for her own good....and yours!

olram30
04-19-2014, 12:23 AM
What they don't know will never hurt them, it's for her own good....and yours!

She doesn't know how much the lights cost, I told her I was gonna test them out and if they were good I'll put some on her jeep. So I guess I gotta order another set soon:( she doesn't really care, she gets what ever she wants also. Glad to have a wife that puts up with me.:thumbup:

SaddleTramp
04-19-2014, 12:32 AM
Haha, yeah, I don't ask mine and she don't ask me, seems to work for us, I'm just not sure she knows I'm probably a little ahead of a few pairs of shoes, etc., thank god mines not like yours yet and we're not a two jeep family;-). Build is really looking great!

olram30
04-19-2014, 07:29 PM
while at work, i was talking to a co worker that is in the process of changing all the lights on his Cherokee to led. i was telling him how i changed out everything on mine to led, tail, reverse, side markers head lights and even interior. then it hit me i never changed out or did anything to the front turn signals:naw:. should i even bother changing these out? i looked around and all i saw were recon, which im sure are Chinese and anzo usa which are clear like the new jeeps. then it started to bug me.. are these good brands or am i just being weird. should i just leave the stock ones on and forget about it?

olram30
04-20-2014, 04:13 PM
While everyone is getting ready for Easter, I had a few minutes to install the truck lites and hood lock. Very easy to finish both. I had everything done in 20 minutes. Now I have to wait till night time to see how well these lights work. The hood lock was only 4 big rivets. All the holes were already there and coding the key was super easy. Hopefully my paranoia of someone stealing my battery or messing around my engine bay will go away.:eek:
Also put the fire extinguisher on my wife's jeep.

olram30
04-20-2014, 04:55 PM
I was also worried about this synthetic winch line I bought. Quadratec has it for 300 bucks and even Northridge was I think 270 bucks. Getting it for 217 bucks,I was worried it might be the Chinese version. But after further investigation, I was pleased to find out its made in the USA.:thumbup:

olram30
04-21-2014, 04:11 AM
Ok, it's dark and I went for a drive with the new lights and I'll give an honest review.

The install was easy, but after I finished and went for a drive, I noticed the drivers side kinda had some wiggle. I've seen other people put electrical tape around the light. The passenger side is solid. So I'm going to say that the problem is not with the light, but maybe the jeep? Seems a lot of people have had to do this. not really a deal breaker. Tape is cheap.

I was always wondering about this "x" pattern, and yes I can see it. I think I see it because I'm looking for it.
The light is a nice color, not yellow or blue. Easy on the eyes. And the left to right is wider than stock. Big plus! Driving straight is a nice coverage of light, but when I turn there seems to some dark spots or some weird patterns. That's just a hard turn and going up or down a hill.

The brights are just that, brighter than shit! And that's a plus. Super distance and width.

All in all, very happy. I've heard people say they adjust them some way to do away with the x pattern, but I don't know how and quite honestly, it seems to go away if I don't try to look for it. The price is steep, and I think so far they are worth it. I will more than likely buy a second set for our white jeep. I didn't comment on the looks, because they look sweet, but this was for the actual intention of the lights.
I'm happy.:thumbup:

OverlanderJK
04-21-2014, 04:14 AM
They are universal 7" lights. They are not made for the jeep they just fit. That is why they are not snug. No problems with either.

olram30
04-21-2014, 04:16 AM
They are universal 7" lights. They are not made for the jeep they just fit. That is why they are not snug. No problems with either.

Yeah, just the drivers side. Really not a deal breaker, I think just a bit of tape should do the trick. Other than that, these are really nice. I'm happy
Edit
I'm going to compare it to the evo d rings. Some people have to trim less or more for a flush fit. I don't remember if the light housing was stamped metal or plastic. But I really think all jeeps are different.

olram30
04-22-2014, 05:30 PM
I stole my wife's antenna today and decided to stubby it. It's real easy to do and to me, it's similar to trimming factory fenders. I have the same reception when we listen to the radio. But 99% we listen to satellite radio.
I just use vise grips and pliers to pop the ball off. I cut mine to 20 inches long put a little bevel on the end so the ball can go back on and lightly hammer it in. Then paint if you want black.
It's still flexible and doesn't flop around like the stock one while driving.letting it dry, but it's the same thing I did too mine. No need to pay money for a shorter antenna. :beer:

olram30
04-23-2014, 05:56 PM
just ordered a warn power plant with the free factor 55 flatlink from northridge. feel a little sick, lol. it's a big chunk of change for a winch, but after a month of thinking, it's gonna be worth it. i figured a premium warn winch is a little over a grand and if i were to buy the arb twin compressor for oba plus a bracket to mount it, well id be in the same ballpark. not going to lie, i really thought of buying a lower priced winch just to fill the hole, but if we go to the mountains, i'm usually with my family in one rig and a winch is the last resort to getting unstuck. i really want something i can depend on. plus my wife would be pissed off if i got stuck and had to go walking to find help.

olram30
04-24-2014, 03:30 PM
I just noticed the price for the enforcer went up and is almost 1300 bucks. It was around the 1100 mark before. So now I'm thinking I might just go with the coil overs.
Might as well go with what I really want. I was going to put the springs on the white jeep when I upgraded to coil overs, but I think I might put the Rancho 2" on the white jeep and 35" tires with flat fenders abd call it a day.

olram30
04-29-2014, 03:32 PM
Some goodies, not a 100% sure on the winch lock. I thought factor 55 winch lock was American, but it's Chinese.:(

olram30
04-29-2014, 08:58 PM
Winch came in. This thing is a beast! Already took off the wire cable and it's considerably lighter now. Probably going to need to grind some of the bumper down, not sure yet. I never had the old one before, but the finish on this is nice.
Should be on soon, hurt to spend that much, but it's over now:beer: that knocks off the winch and oba in one shot.

olram30
04-30-2014, 05:28 PM
I placed it in the bumper to test fit, and looks as if I'm going to have to grind some of the bumper and a little corner in the frame horn. So it started to snow and I'm going to have to take the grill off and cover up the lights so sparks don't pit them up. Oh well, no rush. Looks good though!

olram30
04-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Ok, got a break in the weather, got it in and wired up. I just followed the angle on the left and grind off a little too make it fit.Now to start saving for the next mod..

olram30
05-07-2014, 09:03 PM
quick update on the truck lites, dont just install these without adjusting them. i did the 25' back and 3' up thing and really improved the beams. the dark shit on the sides is from the stinger:doh: but these lights are so nice with the left and right pattern. also the hood lock is ok. a little piece of mind, until your mind says if someone wants to steal your stuff bad enough they'll still find a way.

FastZach
05-08-2014, 04:10 AM
What brand it the d-ring adaptor( I don't know the proper name) on the end of your winch line?

Brankz
05-08-2014, 04:21 AM
Sorry I don't know what happened I posted this in other thread

OverlanderJK
05-08-2014, 04:21 AM
What brand it the d-ring adaptor( I don't know the proper name) on the end of your winch line?

Factor 55 prolink.

olram30
05-08-2014, 07:57 AM
Factor 55 prolink.

Yeah, came with the winch.

olram30
05-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Sorry I don't know what happened I posted this in other thread

You should have put evo front quarter skins to cover that dent.

olram30
05-08-2014, 08:19 AM
I saw on Facebook, ORE used these, I don't know the price, but they look neat. Stops hood flutter, but if someone doesn't know how to work these, they can't get in your hood.

olram30
05-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Oro hop stopper is 60 bucks. not bad

Brankz
05-08-2014, 03:56 PM
You should have put evo front quarter skins to cover that dent.

Yup that's what I'm doing :D

olram30
05-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Yup that's what I'm doing :D

Like this?

Brankz
05-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Like this?

How much is that? That Oslo cover the rockers? Cause I ready fix the fender

Ps sorry OP I high jacket the threat

olram30
05-08-2014, 05:10 PM
How much is that? That Oslo cover the rockers? Cause I ready fix the fender

Ps sorry OP I high jacket the threat

I don't know. I think they make them without the fender part also. Probably special order? You still have to put rock skins.

Brankz
05-08-2014, 05:12 PM
I don't know. I think they make them without the fender part also. Probably special order? You still have to put rock skins.

Yup but I only want the rock skins and the rock slider I'm buying them in around 3 months

But first I'm buying the real facia and the d rings :)

olram30
05-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Yup but I only want the rock skins and the rock slider I'm buying them in around 3 months

But first I'm buying the real facia and the d rings :)

That'll look good!
Your not hi jacking anything. My build thread is pretty boring and slow. I don't mind.

Brankz
05-08-2014, 05:21 PM
That'll look good!
Your not hi jacking anything. My build thread is pretty boring and slow. I don't mind.

Lol ok thanks!
I like that fender anyways but looks $$$$$$$ lol

olram30
05-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Lol ok thanks!
I like that fender anyways but looks $$$$$$$ lol

I think they look nice, but to be honest, I'd love to have their hood and fender combo. But they don't ship it. Maybe some day..

Brankz
05-08-2014, 05:25 PM
I think they look nice, but to be honest, I'd love to have their hood and fender combo. But they don't ship it. Maybe some day..

Ahhahaha. can you get it from northridge?

olram30
05-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Ahhahaha. can you get it from northridge?

never seen it on there. i think it's a in house only thing?

olram30
05-23-2014, 07:01 PM
just ordered a evo trail table and another evo protek skids for the white jeep! trying to decide what i want next, a bestop trektop nk or arb fridge.

DA RUNT
05-24-2014, 02:11 AM
just ordered a evo trail table and another evo protek skids for the white jeep! trying to decide what i want next, a bestop trektop nk or arb fridge.

Get the fridge if your top is still good. :twocents:

hlax2525
05-24-2014, 02:20 AM

I just installed my trektop nx the other day; I love it so far, I had a soft top prior to that and I love the look of it and the ability for it to just be a bikini top. If you're comfortable running completely topless then I would get the fridge.

olram30
05-25-2014, 05:18 AM
Hard top is fine, I think I'll get more use out of the fridge than a soft top. I'm tired of ice chests and wet soggy food. I got a big camping trip planned in July. Maybe I can get both by then. I had to order the oil pan and transmission skid for the wife's jeep, I hate having it unprotected. Can't wait to get the trail table installed!

olram30
05-28-2014, 01:55 AM
talked to a coworker with a jeep.the guy has a never installed factory softtop. offered him 650 bucks.i think he is interested. he bought a dual top and never taken his hard top off. might get it for the wifes jeep and for mine this summer. need toget started on a hard top dolly

olram30
05-31-2014, 03:05 AM
Note to self, jump on deals when you see them.
I had the money for a trektop nx, but while trying to decide between it and aarb fridge the prices jumped up. They were on Amazon and quadratec for $579 bucks, now they jumped up to $730 bucks. I guess prices go up in the summer months?

OverlanderJK
05-31-2014, 03:11 AM
Note to self, jump on deals when you see them.
I had the money for a trektop nx, but while trying to decide between it and aarb fridge the prices jumped up. They were on Amazon and quadratec for $579 bucks, now they jumped up to $730 bucks. I guess prices go up in the summer months?

I would wait. It'll go back down again. I bought mine for $579, then they went up. They go up and down all the time.

olram30
05-31-2014, 03:17 AM
I would wait. It'll go back down again. I bought mine for $579, then they went up. They go up and down all the time.

oh good. wasn't sure. i found a arb fridge 50q for $799. but i'm not sure if it has free shipping.

olram30
06-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Got the table on, missing two nuts, so I'll go buy some and finish the left hinge later. now I should be done with nutserts!
Not sure if I'm going to cut the black plastic piece and put it back. I'm just going to leave it off for now.

olram30
06-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Put on a hitch on the Rubicon x, little different than a regular hitch. Bolts onto the bumper. I got the wiring plug in also. Gonna do that tonight.

hinrichs
06-02-2014, 07:13 PM
is the x bumper steel?

olram30
06-02-2014, 07:20 PM
is the x bumper steel?

Yeah, not the thickest. But it'll get the job done. Same with the front.

olram30
06-02-2014, 08:35 PM
I got some nuts and bolts to finish. The instructions say to put the flat bolts in the counter sunk holes, but mine didn't have counter sunk holes. So I just bought some grade 8 bolts and finished the hinge. Also the spot weld reference point is a good start, but I drilled my first hole to the left of it. If I would have drilled in the weld, it would have been sitting crooked. Drilled the first hole, put a nutsert, bolted it down. Then marked the second on the other corner, drilled and nutsert. Then bolted it and drilled the other pilot holes through the table. Makes lining up the nutsert do much easier. Pretty solid and no rattles. Very happy with purchase!

olram30
06-02-2014, 08:53 PM
All that snow is melting and bunch of flooding in the town of Saratoga. Still can't get into the mountains. Even got the national guard sandbagging. First picture is interstate 80 bridge. Water isn't supposed to be that high.

olram30
06-02-2014, 11:16 PM
Couple of things I need to do on the Rubicon x, need to figure out a way to open up the hood vents. Not even sure if I need to, I don't live in a warm climate. But I need to make some covers on the front bumper to cover up the wiring for the fog lights. There is places to bolt something, just need to make some covers. I have some plexiglass from a project I did. Made my son a cage for his bearded dragon and have some left over. I guess I could paint it black. I don't have any black plastic.

olram30
06-02-2014, 11:18 PM
And that picture shows how thick a 10a or x bumper is.

olram30
06-03-2014, 12:53 AM
Just opted for wire loom over the wires and finished the hinges. I hope they are on right. Kinda like a puzzle.

olram30
06-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Just drove down to Northridge 4x4 in Colorado! Got an awesome deal on an arb fridge. Tim gave me a tour and got to see a bunch of cool jeeps. Saw a pr80 and that thing is a massive. Like a dummy I didn't take any pictures:(
But olivers jeep and this other silver one were sweet. Really nice shop and I know where I'm getting my gears done when I need them done.
But I got the fridge out of the way. But a lift and tires are soon, my factory springs are pretty compressed from the extra weight.

olram30
06-14-2014, 10:43 PM
While I was at Northridge, they had a nice scrambler, they were going to put jk axles under it. Thing already looked nice, but anyways, after seeing a lot of evo rear fascia I ordered one. I really liked these lights from rigid industries, but they weren't on Northridge web site. Sent a pm asking about them and they were able to get them for me. And a lot cheaper than anywhere else, even from rigid. Really nice of them to go out of their way to do that. Not too many places would do that!
Can't wait till Monday, Brown Santa should be here bearing gifts!

olram30
06-14-2014, 10:44 PM
And I really need to start taking pictures:banghead:

olram30
06-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Got my rigid lights and aluminum evo fascia in finally, looks cool bare, almost hate to paint it. Hopefully this week I can get it painted abd lights wired up. Going to move the old lights up front.

olram30
06-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to post on here I got my arb fridge in also for father's day.

olram30
06-21-2014, 11:53 PM
Got the fascia on, ridged lights on, old lights up front till I can find a light bar. Starting to pack up to go camping also.
These lights are diffused, which is nice. Think I blinded a few people with the old spot lights. Need a smaller ratchet strap to secure the fridge.

Oscar35
06-22-2014, 12:06 AM
Looks good. Be safe on your trip.

olram30
06-22-2014, 12:08 AM
Looks good. Be safe on your trip.

Thanks, going to vedawoo mountains here in Wyoming. I just need to take a couple days off from work. Get out and relax.

olram30
06-22-2014, 05:32 PM
Going to buy either the tire carrier next so I can have something to carry a spare or the wife her soft top.
Future plans are to get a pr44 maybe next year, but my question is should I put pro steer ball joints on the factory axle or hd crowns?

olram30
06-22-2014, 05:39 PM
I also bought a evo track bar bracket from a member here, bracket is new. But it's the bracket for the bolt on coil overs. I don't think it will work with a traditional coil lift. So if anybody it's interested I'll sell it. I'll get pictures when I get back home.

JK_Dave
06-23-2014, 02:22 PM
Going to buy either the tire carrier next so I can have something to carry a spare or the wife her soft top.
Future plans are to get a pr44 maybe next year, but my question is should I put pro steer ball joints on the factory axle or hd crowns?

Not a fan of running the spare on the tailgate or are you going up to a bigger tire size?

cozdude
06-23-2014, 02:36 PM

if your planning on a PR44 next year i would just get the HD crowns. they will be cost effective and still work great till you upgrade.

olram30
06-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Not a fan of running the spare on the tailgate or are you going up to a bigger tire size?

Probably 37". Evo tire carrier is in the future plans

olram30
06-23-2014, 07:04 PM
if your planning on a PR44 next year i would just get the HD crowns. they will be cost effective and still work great till you upgrade.

I think I might go this route. That way when I get it I don't have to remove them and the old axle still have something when I sell it.

olram30
06-23-2014, 09:34 PM
Here is a picture if that track bar bracket by evo. It's fit coil overs. I'm asking $105 bucks shipping included. That is what I paid. Just alone it's 150 bucks brand new, but if somebody bought a set of used coil overs and the bracket is cut up from the welding, here is the deal for you!

olram30
06-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Probably help if I put the picture

olram30
06-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Northridge has a 10% of sale right now.Think I'm going to order some arb stuff. Code is sizzle if I remember

pvanweelden
06-23-2014, 09:46 PM
^ that's the Evo Roll Center Correction bracket for the rear axle- I thought that worked with coilovers and coil/shock setups? They sell it with the enforcer kit. Unless that's a different bracket?

Fascia and corners look really good on your Jeep! :thumb:

olram30
06-23-2014, 09:51 PM
^ that's the Evo Roll Center Correction bracket for the rear axle- I thought that worked with coilovers and coil/shock setups? They sell it with the enforcer kit. Unless that's a different bracket?

Fascia and corners look really good on your Jeep! :thumb:

Thanks. The coil over one goes straight up and down, the enforcer one is offset. I believe this one would have the track bar hitting the coils. Here is the off set one for the enforcer do it clears the regular coils.

pvanweelden
06-23-2014, 09:58 PM
oh, gotcha, thanks! I did not pay that close of attention :doh:

Seems like you have a reason to justify buying coilovers now :D :thumb:

olram30
06-23-2014, 10:05 PM
oh, gotcha, thanks! I did not pay that close of attention :doh:

Seems like you have a reason to justify buying coilovers now :D :thumb:

Well I think I'm going to do a traditional lift. Going to wait till I get axles then think of them. Taking me forever as it is.coil overs would take another 6 months to save. Maybe next year and run these factory ones till they die. Only way the wife will let me

olram30
06-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Saw this kit, looked interesting. It has 4 ports to hook up to. Going to do the diffs and try to do the transfer case. But I think I should wait till after I lift it so I have the right amount of slack on the new lines. When I get it installed, I'll try to give a review of this. I probably should have done the diy thing and saved money, but I have a shopping problem.

Aedawsey
06-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Been building slowly but I wanted to show you guys my RC front bumper mod that I like a lot. 89286
Love to see those tires breathing.

cozdude
06-26-2014, 07:32 PM
Been building slowly but I wanted to show you guys my RC front bumper mod that I like a lot. 89286
Love to see those tires breathing.

looks good dude BUT this is not the thread to post this stuff lol this is Olrams's build thread which documents everything for his jeep. your more than welcome to start one for yourself or just update the "what was done to your rig this week" thread.

olram30
06-26-2014, 07:34 PM
looks good dude BUT this is not the thread to post this stuff lol this is Olrams's build thread which documents everything for his jeep. your more than welcome to start one for yourself or just update the "what was done to your rig this week" thread.

This happened with brankz also. His fender post showed up like this.

cozdude
06-26-2014, 07:35 PM
This happened with brankz also. His fender post showed up like this.

interesting. did not know that. im sure it can be moved or he can delete it.

olram30
06-26-2014, 07:41 PM
interesting. did not know that. im sure it can be moved or he can delete it.

It's all good. I'm just waiting for Brown Santa to show up. The wait is killing me!

cozdude
06-26-2014, 07:47 PM
It's all good. I'm just waiting for Brown Santa to show up. The wait is killing me!

cant wait to see what you have coming in! also let me know what you think of the ARB breather tube thing you just got after you install it. i saw it on northridge today and it looked and sounded interesting.

olram30
06-26-2014, 07:53 PM
cant wait to see what you have coming in! also let me know what you think of the ARB breather tube thing you just got after you install it. i saw it on northridge today and it looked and sounded interesting.

I'm literally looking out my window like a little kid.
They looked interesting. Uses the same filter as their air compressors. And little bit larger hose. Hopefully it'll work as advertised:beer:

olram30
06-26-2014, 09:06 PM
Rims showed up! These things are beefy. Maybe this will motivate me to finish the lift! Next on the list is the evo tire carrier. Trying to get the major purchases out of the way..

olram30
06-26-2014, 09:17 PM
And got the wife a set of putco interior lights.

olram30
06-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Put in a fire extinguisher also.
We were supposed to go camping this week, but sister in law had a family emergency. So we are watching my nephew and dog. So hopefully Monday I can get out and play!

olram30
07-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Finally got a break from work, went to the vedawoo mountain range in the medicine bow national Forrest. Had a good time with the family.

olram30
07-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Nothing done to either jeep this week, got stuck watching "Orange is the new black". But I got 3 days off and headed to the Sierra madre mountains for some camping. Planning on camping at Jack creek. Then going to check out silver lake, cow creek reservoir and if I'm feeling brave, there is the continental divide trail. Heard it's pretty rough, going to attempt it. Another wayalife member I talked to said he went a 1/2 mile and turned back. So hopefully my luck will be better.

pvanweelden
07-07-2014, 03:15 PM
not really a fan of the chrome grill, but to each his own! :cheesy:

have fun on your trip! :thumb:

olram30
07-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Got back from camping, tried to get to silver lake, almost made it. But we ran into snow and the drifts were still 10 feet tall.
Also tried that continental divide trail, made it about a 1/2 mile, got stuck, went a little further and got blocked by downed trees. Needed a chain saw to clear a path. But with only one jeep decided to turn around. Factory tires suck in mud also. Had fun. Here are a couple pictures, my wife has more. I'll post them up later.
Here is a picture of north spring creek lake.

olram30
07-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Oh yeah, also got a letter from mopar. Left cylinder head is covered for 10 years or 150k miles. Thankfully they are doing something.

wayoflife
07-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Got back from camping, tried to get to silver lake, almost made it. But we ran into snow and the drifts were still 10 feet tall.
Also tried that continental divide trail, made it about a 1/2 mile, got stuck, went a little further and got blocked by downed trees. Needed a chain saw to clear a path. But with only one jeep decided to turn around. Factory tires suck in mud also. Had fun. Here are a couple pictures, my wife has more. I'll post them up later.

Holy cow, 10' snow drifts this late in the summer?? Looks real pretty up there - thanks for posting up the pics. I definitely need to do more exploring in your neck of the woods. :yup:

Oh yeah, also got a letter from mopar. Left cylinder head is covered for 10 years or 150k miles. Thankfully they are doing something.

LOL!! I just got one yesterday too. Don't know how willing they'll be to still honor it being that I've already had mine replaced once and that I'm now running a CAI :crazyeyes:

olram30
07-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Holy cow, 10' snow drifts this late in the summer?? Looks real pretty up there - thanks for posting up the pics. I definitely need to do more exploring in your neck of the woods. :yup:

LOL!! I just got one yesterday too. Don't know how willing they'll be to still honor it being that I've already had mine replaced once and that I'm now running a CAI :crazyeyes:

Yeah, we had a lot of snow this year. Nothing but a muddy mess.
They give you a reimbursement paper also for previous work done?

wayoflife
07-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Yeah, we had a lot of snow this year. Nothing but a muddy mess.

Coming through the lower half of Wyoming last month, we did see a little snow but nothing of significance. Of course, it's a bit lower were we were. Wish we had some of that up in our Sierra's. I think we only got 18% of our normal snow pack.

They give you a reimbursement paper also for previous work done?

You mean with the letter or when I had the work done? So far, all seems to be good and the only real concern I have is with some oil consumption.

olram30
07-10-2014, 03:03 PM
You mean with the letter or when I had the work done? So far, all seems to be good and the only real concern I have is with some oil consumption.
I thought you had work done on your cylinder head, they sent a "customer reimbursement claim form". Guess they are paying for work that was done in the past also. Hopefully they pay out for people who had to pay out of pocket.

olram30
07-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Yes, we are planning a trip through sinks canyon and up to Christina lake. Hopefully this month.

olram30
07-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Also the warn PowerPlant worked great. Wasn't worried one bit about it not working when I was stuck! And the compressor aired up the tires back up fast. Money well spent.

wayoflife
07-10-2014, 03:23 PM
I thought you had work done on your cylinder head, they sent a "customer reimbursement claim form". Guess they are paying for work that was done in the past also. Hopefully they pay out for people who had to pay out of pocket.

Right, i did have work done but it was originally covered under warranty. I just don't know if they'd cover it again.

wayoflife
07-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Also the warn PowerPlant worked great. Wasn't worried one bit about it not working when I was stuck! And the compressor aired up the tires back up fast. Money well spent.

Yup, love me my power plant :yup:

olram30
07-10-2014, 06:45 PM
I bought a bunch of these connectors off eBay, finally got the front fog lights hooked up. I just used the factory wiring. They turned on so I guess that's good.
Edit, on these plugs, remember to put the yellow things first, then the male pin goes on the long plug and female goes on the short plug.

JKbrick
07-10-2014, 08:44 PM
I bought a bunch of these connectors off eBay, finally got the front fog lights hooked up. I just used the factory wiring. They turned on so I guess that's good.

Can you PM me the info on the connectors? I've been looking and running into dead ends. Or maybe just reply here in case others are also searching. Thank you

olram30
07-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Can you PM me the info on the connectors? I've been looking and running into dead ends. Or maybe just reply here in case others are also searching. Thank you

i got these, 10 sets for 7 bucks, they weren't to hard to use and work good for the price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Kits-2-Pin-Way-Sealed-Waterproof-Electrical-Wire-Connector-Plug-Car-Auto-Set-/360887274163?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item54068ecab3

turbineguy
07-10-2014, 09:11 PM
i got these, 10 sets for 7 bucks, they weren't to hard to use and work good for the price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Kits-2-Pin-Way-Sealed-Waterproof-Electrical-Wire-Connector-Plug-Car-Auto-Set-/360887274163?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item54068ecab3

Thank you for the link. Awesome.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30
07-10-2014, 09:17 PM
Thank you for the link. Awesome.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

No problem, they almost fit the factory plug, but I guess the pins weren't long enough. I bought extra ones just to have, never know when you need a plug.:thumbup:

maxcustody
07-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Great looking jeep and love the mods you have done..................nice job:thumb:

olram30
07-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Great looking jeep and love the mods you have done..................nice job:thumb:

Thanks! Taking forever seems like.

olram30
07-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Checked the damage from this trip, only thing I found was I "clearanced" the gas tank skid. Even my wife said to hurry up and get a lift and tires. Lol

olram30
07-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Finally got a filter for the wife's jeep. Had to order one from the dealership. Sucks living in a small town. So hopefully today i can put on the evo oil pan and transmission skid while doing the oil change. Also wondered what was different about these filters compared to the dozer, apparently there is some nipple thing on top. I hope this is the right part number.

OverlanderJK
07-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Finally got a filter for the wife's jeep. Had to order one from the dealership. Sucks living in a small town. So hopefully today i can put on the evo oil pan and transmission skid while doing the oil change. Also wondered what was different about these filters compared to the dozer, apparently there is some nipple thing on top. I hope this is the right part number.

Yes that is the correct filter.

olram30
07-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Also Brown Santa showed up, but not with jeep parts:( , been replacing Windows on the house. Not really jeep related, but keeps the wife happy and allows me to buy jeep parts! :thumbup:
Here is before and after.

olram30
07-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Yes that is the correct filter.

Oh good, the guy at the service department didn't seem to sure either.

OverlanderJK
07-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Oh good, the guy at the service department didn't seem to sure either.

Here is the '12 and '13 filter. It's basically flat on both sides.

olram30
07-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Nobody laugh, but a long time ago we had a Chevy venture. It had on board air. When we traded it in I kept the air hose. It's pretty nice, screws on to the valve stem and even has a gauge on it. Thinking I can cut off the end and put a chuck to fit the power plant. It would make airing up easier. I'll post pictures when I get it done, but here is the hose

xkid
07-12-2014, 09:21 PM
I had a Olds Bravada with the same thing.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

xkid
07-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Also Brown Santa showed up, but not with jeep parts:( , been replacing Windows on the house. Not really jeep related, but keeps the wife happy and allows me to buy jeep parts! :thumbup:
Here is before and after.

Less maintenance. No more painting.

olram30
07-12-2014, 09:52 PM
Less maintenance. No more painting.

I'm just glad to have a window that opens. Some were paint shut.

olram30
07-12-2014, 09:53 PM
I had a Olds Bravada with the same thing.

Yeah, thinking it might be easier and its really a nice hose. Just need to find a chuck with barbs to put the end. All the ones I have are threaded.

olram30
07-14-2014, 01:38 AM
My daughter is wanting a vehicle soon, the wife came across this jeep. Not a bad price, comes with hard and soft top. Anybody know how much these normally go for? I'm not sure the miles or anything.

noroad
07-14-2014, 02:07 AM
My daughter is wanting a vehicle soon, the wife came across this jeep. Not a bad price, comes with hard and soft top. Anybody know how much these normally go for? I'm not sure the miles or anything.

For that Price i would ask if it is running! if all is good i will buy that rubi if you dont lol!!

2013rubirick
07-14-2014, 02:09 AM
For that Price i would ask if it is running! if all is good i will buy that rubi if you dont lol!!

I would buy it to if it ran. That's a steal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30
07-14-2014, 02:20 AM
2004 Jeep Wrangler 6 cylinder automatic. I am the second owner. Very well taken care of 86,000 miles. Road miles the jeep has never been off roaded hard. Comes with hardtop and soft-top

here are some other pictures,sounds too good to be true. but there are alot of jeeps here and im finding other cool jeeps

olram30
07-14-2014, 03:04 AM
Checked the number and its a 804 area code, not even going to bother trying.
But I did buy a coupler for that hose today, I'll hopefully have it done tomorrow.

olram30
07-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Installed oil pan and transmission skids while doing the oil change on the white jeep. Just need to order the crossmember skid for it. Glad I did the oil pan, some bolts on the pan were loose. Came like that from the factory. And I mean didn't need a wrench loose

olram30
07-14-2014, 10:32 PM
Got this in today, somewhat jeep related, when we go camping, it's tight to pack gear for all 5 of us plus the dog. Water takes up a lot of space and I got this katadyn water filter. Pretty neat, just fill it up with creek water and hang it up. Has a hose with a shut off valve. I use the hiker pro when I go backpacking, but I'm not pumping water for 5 people.

olram30
07-14-2014, 10:34 PM
Also rigged up that hose with a coupler. To my surprise, it worked great.

olram30
07-14-2014, 11:45 PM
Just noticed the price drop on the evo tire carrier. Hopefully it'll be the next purchase before price goes back up.

olram30
07-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Went on a camping trip near Lander in the wind rivers. Had a great time with my family. Here are some pictures, some are the Oregon trail to get there, split rock, a few lakes and some nice trails to drive.

olram30
07-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Only thing that happened on this trip. My fault for taking the jeep through the hard stuff on this one trail. Thankfully I had evo skids, but I slid off a rock and hit my crossover skid hard. I got it bent back. I really need to get tires and a lift. Evo sliders and skids really are worth the money.

olram30
07-23-2014, 06:23 PM
More pictures.

OverlanderJK
07-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Beautiful! I smell coilovers and 37's in your future. :thumb:

pvanweelden
07-23-2014, 07:09 PM
awesome pics olram!

olram30
07-23-2014, 08:26 PM
awesome pics olram!

Thanks! Wife is ready to go back before winter comes. Really beautiful up there.

olram30
07-23-2014, 08:30 PM
Beautiful! I smell coilovers and 37's in your future. :thumb:

I need something, this stack of rims in the dining room staring at me is torture.

CharlieK
07-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Great pic's thanks for sharing them

SaddleTramp
07-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Great pics Marlo, headed through Rawlins sometime late tonight on our way to the Snowies.

olram30
07-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Great pics Marlo, headed through Rawlins sometime late tonight on our way to the Snowies.

Oh cool, we are planning to go soon. Last time we were up there it was still covered in snow. All the roads were closed. Hopefully the snow is gone by now. Really want to take that trail from Libby flats to Rob Roy reservoir. Then another trip through the twin lakes to turpin.

Oscar35
07-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Nice view!

olram30
07-25-2014, 05:39 PM
I have hood envy, I really like the Rubicon x hoods, but don't want to spend money. I'm thinking of getting a poison spider hood thing. Not anytime soon, need to get a lift and tires. But just get jelly when I see my wife's hood:(