Steering stabilizer

TJ KID

Do you have to run a steering stabilizer on the jeep...? I am upgrading my steering and heard that you dont?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pastorwug

I've always heard that your stock one is good enough.
Do a search on the subject, there are a bunch of threads on this. :thumb:

JKFlyer

I was told on JK that once u lift and go bigger tires, u definitely should upgrade...so I did

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I was told on JK that once u lift and go bigger tires, u definitely should upgrade...so I did

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nope. You can run the stock one just fine. Once you hit 37's it might be a good idea for a PSC set up

Sent from my iPhone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I do want to note that it is prob different for a TJ compared to a JK

Sent from my iPhone

TJ KID

So since I am doing an upgrade this weekend on my steering..... dom tubing and heims and new track bar with heims should be good without one?? Yes it is on a TJ.

dahreno

Banned
^^^ Wow, good way to start a fight ! You must be bored ! I also have a JK but, there are many other built Jeeps that kick ass also.Damn, I'd make a good moderator ! LOL:wings:

Last edited:

jkmohican

If yoyr upgrading your steering, you dont want to immediately put on a stabilizer. Put on all the new stuff, drive a couple days and make sure everything feels good, then put on stabilizer. Even if you dont NEED to run one, its a good idea. Less steering feedback on big cracks and off road, absorbs impacts, smooths out road crown etc.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TJ KID

If yoyr upgrading your steering, you dont want to immediately put on a stabilizer. Put on all the new stuff, drive a couple days and make sure everything feels good, then put on stabilizer. Even if you dont NEED to run one, its a good idea. Less steering feedback on big cracks and off road, absorbs impacts, smooths out road crown etc.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Awesome thanks man

jeepwayoflife

I didn't run a stabilizer for a few months after getting my Currie steering in and didn't have any problems. I put a cheap parts store one in that was much firmer than the stock one and I couldn't really tell a difference. With correct suspension and steering geometry you really shouldn't need one.

TJ KID

So I went to 4 wheel parts they gave me a new hd stabilizer. Only problem is isn't a stabilizer neutral.? I think they gave me a shock. I put in on and it pulls driver as if it is trying to extend out like a shock??

Jiffy05

So I went to 4 wheel parts they gave me a new hd stabilizer. Only problem is isn't a stabilizer neutral.? I think they gave me a shock. I put in on and it pulls driver as if it is trying to extend out like a shock??

A stabilizer should not do all that. I don't know if a shock would even fit as a stabilizer though.

Jiffy05

If you lived around here I have an extra stabilizer that I could have given you. Its brand new and just collecting dust right now.

Top Bottom