used tires

jktubby

I am looking into purchasing four used tires. 35x12.50r15 Bfg All terrain. Seller says there is about 70% tread life, how do i check that? Also is there anything else i should look at before buying them.

How much do you think i'll suffer in a 2012 JKU with 3.21s on an auto, using a procal? thanks for the help everyone.

TrailBear

If they are for a 15" rim I don't think they will fit your rims, check your rim size I think they are 17"

to check tread depth look up the tire specs on bfgs site and see what they are new. it will be measured in 32nds. you can pick up a tread depth measuring at an auto store, looks like a tire pressure gauge

Bullwinckle

Hooked
jktubby said:
How much do you think i'll suffer in a 2012 JKU with 3.21s on an auto, using a procal? thanks for the help everyone.

You won't suffer one bit I have a set of 35s on my 2012 auto and am using a procal and it's perfectly fine. Plenty up get up and go power although I have seen a small degrease in MPG but that your gonna have to expect. :)

StrizzyChris

also the JK's have a larger break caliper and VERY FEW 15" wheels fit over them. Thats why you see people running 17's. You can do 16's but the tire selection is very slim pickins. So all this comes down to is....Do you already have a set of 15" wheels that fit?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
as mentioned, you'll want to make sure that you have 15" wheels now. the JK's only came with 16", 17" (most common) and 18" wheels. a lot of basic 15" steel wheels will fit on a JK but few aluminum ones will without having to grind the calipers.

ichthus

That said, tires for 15's are significantly less expensive than for 17's or 18's. Find yourself the 15" wheels that you like and you'll save hundreds on each set of tires ya buy

jktubby

hey guys sorry its been a long weekend. And I dont have 15s yet, but if i picked up the 35s i was going to order level 8 trackers. They have a 3.38 or around there backspacing so they'd fit fine. Still undecided though, because i really want the level 8 zx w/ rock guards in 16s.

jktubby

You won't suffer one bit I have a set of 35s on my 2012 auto and am using a procal and it's perfectly fine. Plenty up get up and go power although I have seen a small degrease in MPG but that your gonna have to expect. :)

how much of a decrease in mpg, i drive a lot of highway so dont see that much city. Also you have 3.21 gears? I was kind of scared of a lot of power loss.

Top Bottom