vibration HELP!

mcgee149

ok so my jeep is a 2012 two door rubi (manual & 36,000 miles)with a rk 2.5 (about 3"s of lift & been installed for about 20,000miles)and 35s. I have not done the drive shafts yet. In the past week or so I have noticed a slight vibration but can't really pin down where it is coming from. I feel the vibration when I set my elbow on the center console. At this time I have not heard any popping from the driveshaft's. Oh and the answer is yes I wheel all the time. PLEASE HELP

Atch

Drive shafts, wheels being out of balance or an exhaust component touching a skid are all possibilities.

loscann48

I had a nasty vibration that, after installing my lift, would send the jeep into the dreaded death wobble. After checking numerous things, had my balance checked, sure enough they cut the weight on my front passengers side in half. Problem solved!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mcgee149

so i took the front driveshaft last night and ran to the store to get beer...... vibration is still there.

mcgee149

today im goin to have the tires checked and rotated. :icon_crazy:thanks for the input guys and keep it coming.

noroad

can you tell where it is front or back? do you have adj drag-links/ hav you added a new tie-rod! 3inchs is a lot for stocks driveshafts on a 2dr, do you have adj control arms?

mcgee149

can you tell where it is front or back? do you have adj drag-links/ hav you added a new tie-rod! 3inchs is a lot for stocks driveshafts on a 2dr, do you have adj control arms?

up front there is a rk track bar, and synergy tie rod and drag link. im also going to do the drag link flip in the next week or so.

Top Bottom