Rancho 3 inch sport or Teraflex 2.5

cjjohnson

Looking at one of the two lifts for my wifes 2012 wrangler. I found alot of info/pics on the teraflex with bilsteins but not as much on the rancho 3 inch. Anyone have any pics of the 3 inch rancho? I like the idea of the 2.5 teraflex since its lower but the rancho rebate looks nice also. We will be running 35 inch trail grapplers also. Jeep is a DD but will see easy to moderate trails on the weekend. Thanks in advance for for opinions and advice.

Boji

Welcome to Wayalife!! :standing wave:

The jeep is a daily driver like you mentioned so its good to keep in mind that the teraflex coils will provide a very stiff ride. Is the Jeep a 2dr or a 4dr? cause you will see more than advertised lift in the 2dr than the 4dr. I don't have any experience with rancho on the JK but on the YJ they are good and affordable

BKcrawler

I'm wondering about the same thing concerning the Rancho and teraflex kits. interested in reading the opinions...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What is done to your wife's jeep? Does it have bumpers? Armor? All of this plays a role into what kit you pick. If she is just looking for a little lift for slightly larger tires I would even look at the Rancho 2" sport lift. This will help keep costs down.

Sent from my iPhone

JKU EXTREME

Welcome to wayalife! Also I have heard amazing things about Rancho, the 7000MT and the 9000XL are very popular and said to be one some of the best shocks on the market. Some people might also recommend the Evo Plush Ride coils, also said suppose provide the softest coils on the market.

I wish I had that problem, trying to find a lift for my wife's Jeep. What tires are you looking at.

Good luck bro.
-John W.

FireWire79

I just installed the Rancho 2" sport kit on my 2DR with the 9000XLs and the ride is fantastic. Plus they are easy to adjust, should the need arise.

I am looking into staying with 33s just to reduce driveline stresses and to keep the performance and mileage neat stock.

It was a really solid kit and the install was straight forward.

cjjohnson

Agreed finding a lift for the wife's jeep is a good problem to have. No armor or aftermarket bumpers - maybe down the road. Tires are going to be 35 inch trail grapplers so I didnt think the 2 inch rancho would be enough.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
If you are looking for a nice ride I would go with Rancho lift. As previously mentioned the Teraflex coils make for a stiff ride. The Rancho coils are comparable to the EVO plush rides (in softness).

Not sure what all is included in the 3" lift but I would steer clear of the Rancho control arms as they aren't adjustable. Go with Currie's control arms as they have Johnny Joints on both ends. :yup:

cjjohnson

If I went with the 3 inch rancho am I correct in assuming my driveshaft would be ok with exhaust spacer unless jeep sees extreme flexing?

Rancho

Caught the Bug
If I went with the 3 inch rancho am I correct in assuming my driveshaft would be ok with exhaust spacer unless jeep sees extreme flexing?

Use this (if you want :) ):

Rancho2012JKexhaust.jpg

And take advantage of this deal too:

ran_springpromo_rebatepad_us_web_Page_1_zpsf8d83cbf.jpg

http://www.gorancho.com/promotions.php

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Not by much....

Rancho-X-pipe-IMG_kosmos_clearance.jpg

I have about 20 or so trails under my belt in the last year from mild to challenging and no issues.

Top Bottom