Drive shafts on a 2012 JKUR

huggysjk

I have read or seen posts on Woods driveshafts. Seen where people refer to either a 1310 or 1350. What are the differences? And what one would you recommend on a 3" teralift? Have 35" KM2's etc. Can the stock driveshafts last awhile? Thanks

Sugarbear

I'm doing a 3 inch zone with a coast 1310 IMO you should be ok with a 1310 and 35's if ur doin a lot of wheeling 1350 is the better choice but I think moderate wheeling/daily driver your ok with a 1310 hopefully someone can confirm or deny my statement

chuckt62

You can get the Woods shafts w/Spicer 1350 joints if you ask for them... no up charge either. Never heard of any issues with anything other than the aforementioned goldcup joints.

c

With stock axles and 35's I would go with the 1310. I would rather have the u joint break rather than axle parts. I don't think you need to change the rear driveshaft now. I would just do the front.

I run Woods driveshafts on my rig. Spicer 1350 in front and Spicer 1410 in the rear. I probably should have went with the same u joint front and rear, but I don't want to change it now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have read or seen posts on Woods driveshafts. Seen where people refer to either a 1310 or 1350. What are the differences? And what one would you recommend on a 3" teralift? Have 35" KM2's etc. Can the stock driveshafts last awhile? Thanks

Size. A 1350 is bigger than a 1310 and is therefore stronger than the latter. I should note, the one u-joint that your factory front drive shaft has is a 1330 which is bigger than a 1310 too. A 1310 will get the job done for less and with 35's, you should be fine with it. I personally would not recommend a Woods if only because he uses Chinese joints of which I have personally seen fail time and time again. There are plenty of other good drive shafts that will come standard with made in the USA Neapco or Spicer u-joints like JE Reel and I would recommend you give them a look.

huggysjk

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like I will check out Coast most likely. I will probably wait till I do 37's and maybe do gear changes with new driveshafts.

Top Bottom