JE Reel

This has been talked about a lot I know but i have sort of a different question...

A local 4x4 shop i went to for a drive shaft is pushing for me to get a custom one made by them they have a local drive shaft shop they will warrenty it and balance it with fluid or something inside...

I told them i was just going to buy a JE Reel shaft from northridge and they highly advice against JE Reel, Tom woods and coast because they ehar many guys have horrible vibrations, unbalaced, bad ujoints and so on...

How many of you guys who use your jeeps a lot and have a lot of miles on your shafts have problems? is this true or are they just trying to make a sale?

Cheers

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
This has been talked about a lot I know but i have sort of a different question...

A local 4x4 shop i went to for a drive shaft is pushing for me to get a custom one made by them they have a local drive shaft shop they will warrenty it and balance it with fluid or something inside...

I told them i was just going to buy a JE Reel shaft from northridge and they highly advice against JE Reel, Tom woods and coast because they ehar many guys have horrible vibrations, unbalaced, bad ujoints and so on...

How many of you guys who use your jeeps a lot and have a lot of miles on your shafts have problems? is this true or are they just trying to make a sale?

Cheers

Simple put, they are full of shit and are trying to sell you something they sell

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
They make more money off the custom setup. There is a reason JE Reel is the best and it's not because they suck.

noroad

Cheers

I do not have JE reel but i hear people love them i have Adams 1310s with up graded joints. It sounds to me like they are trying to just push there own DS on you, but maybe some guys running them will jump in. I have to ask how much do they want for there DS compared to JE reel or coast??

Thats the thing, they claim they will keep the cost below $650... or try to atleast and a 1310 JE Reel in canada is 630$ taxes in... so similar in price.

They also claim that since it is custom for my JKU that it will be made to the exact length needed for my ride hight so most amount of splines will be in contact at all times now just a generic 3"-7" lift drive shaft.... but in my unprofessional opinion if 95% of jeeps around use off the shelf JE or Coast shafts why would they be a bad choice? makes me think they just want to push their stuff... and this will be their first JKU drive shaft build as well I just dont really feel the off the shelf stuff is junk since most people use it and that they are lieing... know what i mean!

noroad

They also claim that since it is custom for my JKU that it will be made to the exact length needed for my ride hight so most amount of splines will be in contact at all times now just a generic 3"-7" lift drive shaft.... but in my unprofessional opinion if 95% of jeeps around use off the shelf JE or Coast shafts why would they be a bad choice? makes me think they just want to push their stuff... and this will be their first JKU drive shaft build as well I just dont really feel the off the shelf stuff is junk since most people use it and that they are lieing... know what i mean!

Remember its your jeep, tell them no thanks and just grab a JE reel or what ever one you want!

suicideking

Yup, they're full of crap. I have never heard anything bad about JE Reel. I'm installing a 1350 rear on Sunday and have a 1310 up front. Most of the local shops recommend JE Reel.

They're just trying to get one from 'their guy' so they can make more profit. Sounds shady to me. I'd find a different shop.

When I was looking for a lift, I wanted Rock Krawler. One shop was talking crap about RK and trying to sell me on Teraflex. I went to a shop that was more than happy to order/install RK.

pastorwug

I have JEREEL in front and back - each 1350s - quit screwing around and just pull the trigger with Northridge, you'll be happy you did.
If you can afford it - get 1350s :thumb:

jeeeep

Hooked
I have coast and no issues. the only time I've seen them out of balance is when they were put on incorrectly or like my buddies kids they pulled the drive shaft apart he just put it back together but did not take into consideration the alignment.he had vibration but once we figured out he didn't put it back together correctly no problem

jesse3638

Hooked
Running JE Reel 1310's front ant rear and no vibrations or issues. I just re grease them every 4k miles and have been good to go. The only problem I've seen is when u get all 4 wheels off the ground and the spinning tires suddenly stop when they re-contact the ground...haha. Sorry Chris I have a feeling its gonna be along time before that is forgotten...;)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Running JE Reel 1310's front ant rear and no vibrations or issues. I just re grease them every 4k miles and have been good to go. The only problem I've seen is when u get all 4 wheels off the ground and the spinning tires suddenly stop when they re-contact the ground...haha. Sorry Chris I have a feeling its gonna be along time before that is forgotten...;)

My pocket book will never forget either

GeckoBCBen

I had a JE Reel front drive shaft 1310. The slip failed on me. Had a bad vibration at 100 km/h. Had a new one made at a local shop. Nice thing about using a local shop you don't have to ship it back to get it fixed(I live in Canada too). If it's close in price I'd do it local. Why not support them. Just make sure they use quality parts. My JE Reel shaft is not fixed but is now my spare.

rickca55

Reel Shaft Vibrations

I have front and rear 1350 shafts built by Reel on our 10 JKUR and unfortunately have a vibration in the rear shaft. Reel tried to fix it but gave up. Occurs between 55 and 65 mph which is troubling. Going to look into using the Rzepa joint on a new shaft. Some of out club members have done this with good results.
Rick

Top Bottom