Down Hill assist function question.

CZEBJKU

Can anyone tell me how the Down Hill Assist function actually works or lead me to an existing thread that explains this? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
its a really cool feature that i have only used a few times. so in order for it to work you 1.need to be in 4lo. 2. be down in 1 on the shifter/gears. and C. push the button. when you use it the jeep automatically applies the brakes for you when doing a steep decent. it allows you to focus on your line a little bit more and not worry about braking. to turn it off just push the button again and the system will slowly unapply the brakes for you.

its really cool but weird at the same time cause you want to hit the brake! when i took my 101 class at rausch creek in pa the instructor told us to put our feet flat on the floor. it was the weirdest feeling ever!

CZEBJKU

Awesome and Thanks!!! I have looked all over the place for this and have found nothing. I joined this forum yesterday and in 20 min wahlah my question is answered. Thanks again!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailBear

There is a video on YouTube I think by overland journal, it gives a good explanation of how this works and then shows it. They used a Toyota in the video and did it from the drivers seat , that system is real loud, I don't have an auto so I'm not sure if the system jeep uses sounds the same or not, I have seen friends use it on theirs and didn't hear it.http://youtu.be/ZCK_ZWGHetw

Last edited:

Atch

It also works in 2nd gear while in 4lo, allows to go a little faster than in 1st.

Top Bottom