Turbo 3.6 is coming!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
1922365_597604230333214_1320827853_n.jpg

Can't wait to see the numbers...I'd venture to say somewhere in the 400hp/400tq at the wheels....

Interested to see how much this kit will run, but unlike the superchargers, this should make good power where the Jeep needs it, down low.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
With 37s i will take one!!! Is that different then RIPPS which is out now

Yup, RIPP is a centrifugal supercharger which builds power as the motor spins, so down low not much, this is a turbo, which if appropriately sized, will make power much lower (with more power). Ripp is great, but you won't see any benefits offroad, you won't even know it's there (unless you are desert blasting or something.) The turbo will more closely simulate the powerband of a diesel.

JAGS

Hooked
With some of the engine issue I've read about on here, I'm more likely to stay pure factory with the 3.6. It's having problems surviving with an aftermarket air intake, even mopar. Several folks are already looking at engine swaps as a result. Throw a supercharger/turbo on top of that. :thinking:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
With some of the engine issue I've read about on here, I'm more likely to stay pure factory with the 3.6. It's having problems surviving with an aftermarket air intake, even mopar. Several folks are already looking at engine swaps as a result. Throw a supercharger/turbo on top of that. :thinking:

Which issues do you mean, the head issues? The charger guys are going to boost their pentastars by the hundreds. The 3.6 is a very stout motor, and according to some of the chrysler engineers, it was designed to handle boost later down the road. Having said that, my dad just bought a Grand Cherokee Summit Diesel and that motor is a piece of work. Simply amazing. They already have chips for it with 340hp/540tq and nearly 35mpg (forum members claiming getting around 30-33 combined.) If I did a motor sway, that's the motor I'd want.

MTG

Caught the Bug
View attachment 72304

Can't wait to see the numbers...I'd venture to say somewhere in the 400hp/400tq at the wheels....

Interested to see how much this kit will run, but unlike the superchargers, this should make good power where the Jeep needs it, down low.

So with that style air filter and turbo there does that mean that dirt will get sucked into the engine even faster? :idontknow:

:cheesy:

noroad

Yup, RIPP is a centrifugal supercharger which builds power as the motor spins, so down low not much, this is a turbo, which if appropriately sized, will make power much lower (with more power). Ripp is great, but you won't see any benefits offroad, you won't even know it's there (unless you are desert blasting or something.) The turbo will more closely simulate the powerband of a diesel.

I would take a hard look if it was 3k or under but 5-6k might as well save for an LS!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I've only got one thing to say. I hope you like the smell of burning plastic. Horrible turbo placement.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I would take a hard look if it was 3k or under but 5-6k might as well save for an LS!

I wouldn't go near this kit with a 10 foot pole if it cost anywhere less than 6-7K. A properly engineered turbo setup with quality components ain't cheap. A 3K kit for a civic is considered a POS.

noroad

I wouldn't go near this kit with a 10 foot pole if it cost anywhere less than 6-7K. A properly engineered turbo setup with quality components ain't cheap. A 3K kit for a civic is considered a POS.

well looks like im waiting for my LS!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
So with that style air filter and turbo there does that mean that dirt will get sucked into the engine even faster? :idontknow:

:cheesy:

I wouldn't want to offroad like that either, but it's no different than most "cold air intakes" available. Personally, I'd run it with a snorkel to provide the coolest air possible.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I've only got one thing to say. I hope you like the smell of burning plastic. Horrible turbo placement.

I think the placement is fine (I've run setups where the turbo was just as close to plastic parts) but I would wrap it in a blanket to reduce some of the radiant heat output. The only thing that concerns me is the plastic fan.

pastorwug

Any possibility for the 3.8?
I've actually considered the RIPP because they're the only ones with at least something for the 3.8

Top Bottom