'07 Auto trans shudder

Wheelz

Here's an issue I'm having. My jeep starts up fine, but then when it's warm there's a slight shudder when I'm stopped. And then when I'm driving at speed, and try to accelerate, there's almost like a hesitation when it downshifts. It feels like I ran over a small bump almost. Maybe the gears are slipping?

For a quick background, it's an '07 auto trans 2 door Jk. A week ago, I got it back from the dealer where they changed the front ball joints, speed sensors, and hubs. Then, the next day, I put on new 33x12.5x15 Duratracs on 15" MB Razors from Discount Tire.

Wheelz

I forgot some more info that may be useful for diagnosing... I've checked the trans fluid, and it looks full enough and pink. I recently changed the oil, so that's full too. The Jeep has 86,XXX miles on it.

Hack12

Are you pulling any CEL codes?

From your description, it kinda sounds to me like one of your cylinders is misfiring. If you're lucky, repairing it could be as simple as a spark plug & wiring harness replacement.

Sugarbear

Here's an issue I'm having. My jeep starts up fine, but then when it's warm there's a slight shudder when I'm stopped. And then when I'm driving at speed, and try to accelerate, there's almost like a hesitation when it downshifts. It feels like I ran over a small bump almost. Maybe the gears are slipping?

For a quick background, it's an '07 auto trans 2 door Jk. A week ago, I got it back from the dealer where they changed the front ball joints, speed sensors, and hubs. Then, the next day, I put on new 33x12.5x15 Duratracs on 15" MB Razors from Discount Tire.

I thought 15 inch wheels didn't fit on a jk that they hit the control arms???

Wheelz

Are you pulling any CEL codes?

From your description, it kinda sounds to me like one of your cylinders is misfiring. If you're lucky, repairing it could be as simple as a spark plug & wiring harness replacement.

I'll check after work if I'm pulling any codes. I'm going to replace the spark plug and coils too. It's probably about time for that anyway.

Wheelz

They fit. Steel 15" wheels could be hit or miss, but aluminum 15" fit with the correct back spacing. There's a whole thread on it from a guy from discount tire in the wheels and tires forum.

Hack12

I am also running 15's. 15x10" Fuel Revolvers.

As long as they're alloy wheels you shouldn't have any clearance issues with 15's. Steel wheels, however, are hit or miss depending on the brand/wheel.

TheDuff

Have you changed the plugs before? If not then that is extremely likely to be your issue. Mine where shot at around 50k, I can't believe that these manufacturers honesty think these things will go 100k with out the need for new ones:screwy:

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hack12

Have you changed the plugs before? If not then that is extremely likely to be your issue. Mine where shot at around 50k, I can't believe that these manufacturers honesty think these things will go 100k with out the need for new ones:screwy:

X2. Mine crapped out at around 60K. The symptoms I experienced were almost the same as what you listed. :thumb:

Wheelz

X2. Mine crapped out at around 60K. The symptoms I experienced were almost the same as what you listed. :thumb:

Nope I have not. Not sure if the previous owner did either. So looks like I'll change those out, get a programmer to change the tire size in my computer, and change the trans fluid/filter. Sounds like that should all solve the problem.

Thanks for the help and ideas everyone!

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog

Hmm, 122K on my stock plugs, no issues, have some I bought at 60k and just never got around to changing them. lol.

Top Bottom