LS swap!

tkkim

I know it's not gonna happened soon but I want to save money for.

My 12 jk has 40k mi on now.. My goal is swap to LS when my jeep hit 100k mi. So what is the average cost to swap to LS motor and whole kit? $20k

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thats a lot less than I would have anticipated... but I bet labor in itself would not be nice to the wallet :thinking:

prob not. besides the motor you need to think of the cost of new axles the stand the extra torque from the LS. this means PR60 f/r or PR60 front and PR80 rear so that bill will need to be accounted for as well. all together your looking at no LESS than 20k

ZuidJK

My 12 jk has 40k mi on now.. My goal is swap to LS when my jeep hit 100k mi. So what is the average cost to swap to LS motor and whole kit? $20k

When I was told I might have to replace my 3.8 I priced out I priced out v8 swaps and came across Motech. if you send them an email they will give you a product list of possible swaps as well as options like A/C, cruise control, tap shift etc.

http://www.lswrangler.com/build-your-ls-jk.html

Boji

prob not. besides the motor you need to think of the cost of new axles the stand the extra torque from the LS. this means PR60 f/r or PR60 front and PR80 rear so that bill will need to be accounted for as well. all together your looking at no LESS than 20k

Good looks, axles completely skipped my mind as I was going over it in my head :doh:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Not necessarily. Moochie is running a PR44 and a factory 44 with his LS. Tire size, motor size and how you drive will all change your setup. A PR44 and a trail 60 would be more then enough to stand up to a 5.3 LS.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not necessarily. Moochie is running a PR44 and a factory 44 with his LS. Tire size, motor size and how you drive will all change your setup. A PR44 and a trail 60 would be more then enough to stand up to a 5.3 LS.

:doh: good looks. i guess i was just thinking of moby since he has the 6.2 which has a little more torque. so either way the OP would still need to look at new axles if he is still on stock before/with the motor swap.

thanks for clearing that up adam

HDGasser

I'm still on stock axles with my hemi swap... Granted there as built as stock axles can be but still stock.

Now that I've said that I'm currently pricing out F/R pr60's :D

jeeeep

Hooked
I called Motech about this as I plan for my swap, they told me stock axles are fine as long as I'm not running too tall of a gear 5+ for the tire size and don't go off trying to spin all 4 lol

Moochie

Over $20,000.00

JayKay

Caught the Bug
As others have said, axles aren't a huge issue off the bat. A lot of GM trucks out there with stock 10-bolt rear ends running 35s with no issues. Of course most are never wheeled but get run pretty hard on the highway.

Top Bottom