Barricade bumper with skid plate???

RZNCAIN

I have been trying to find one, but I don't seem to see any pics of anyone rocking a Barricade Bumper with skid plate and I would like to do so. Anyone have words of wisdom?

RZNCAIN

I've never heard of a Barricade bumper.

BarricadFrontBumper_zpsac564153.jpg

JAGS

Hooked

Check e-bay or amazon. Can find that same bumper style sold by many distributors. Not very many, if any, on here run it as barricade or any other name. If your considering other options, I'm sure folks here will be happy to give opinions. :thumb:

RZNCAIN

I've never heard of a Barricade bumper.

Check e-bay or amazon. Can find that same bumper style sold by many distributors. Not very many, if any, on here run it as barricade or any other name. If your considering other options, I'm sure folks here will be happy to give opinions. :thumb:

I just haven't seen any pics of this bumper with a front skid. Hoping someone has come across it.

Tree Frog

front bumper 1j.jpg
front bumper 2j.jpg

This bumper was sold to me under the Paramount Offroad brand name. http://paramount-automotive.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1038
I cant tell the difference from the Barricade ones. Even the rear bumpers look the same between the two brands.

I could not stand the blocker bar being exposed and my sway bar disco. just hanging out in space. So I fabbed this up. It is built out of 3/16 plate and has a full length rib inside just in front of the blocker bar.
It bolts on with 4 flat head bolts from the bumper and 2 bolts to the blocker bar. The 2 bolts that go into the blocker bar are welded inside under the skid so there is nothing hanging down to catch on.

Sorry the photos are so dark. The sun does not shine for like 9 months here.

Hope this helps.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have been trying to find one, but I don't seem to see any pics of anyone rocking a Barricade Bumper with skid plate and I would like to do so. Anyone have words of wisdom?

are you sure you didn't see the bull bar with skid? it fits over the stock bumper, I saw one on a rig here and had to follow it to get a closer look. really takes away approach angle and the tubing seemed pretty thin walled for the size...big tubing but no substance.

RZNCAIN

View attachment 72579
View attachment 72580

This bumper was sold to me under the Paramount Offroad brand name. http://paramount-automotive.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1038
I cant tell the difference from the Barricade ones. Even the rear bumpers look the same between the two brands.

I could not stand the blocker bar being exposed and my sway bar disco. just hanging out in space. So I fabbed this up. It is built out of 3/16 plate and has a full length rib inside just in front of the blocker bar.
It bolts on with 4 flat head bolts from the bumper and 2 bolts to the blocker bar. The 2 bolts that go into the blocker bar are welded inside under the skid so there is nothing hanging down to catch on.

Sorry the photos are so dark. The sun does not shine for like 9 months here.

Hope this helps.

This is great. Shoulda made two, so I could've bought one.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
The front underside of my bumper area. I don't know what it's all called but I read that it's good to protect the components down there.

I see you have a Rubicon, so just the motor and the crash bar? I'd flip the motor and cut the crash bar off to gain more clearance. But a skid works also. Good luck in your quest. :beer:

jango

Look into the Body Armor 4x4 front skid plate. I run it and it does great. I think it should work well your front bumper.

Top Bottom