AllAmericanInfidel's JKU Build Thread -

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Figured I would make a build thread to document the build of my 2014 JK Unlimited 'Crystal'.
Stock Specs:
2014 JKU Sport S
Granite Crystal Metallic
Auto
3.73 Gears
Trac-Lok rear Differential
Uconnect 430 Radio with Alpine Premium Sound System
Mopar Slush Mats
Connectivity Group
Max Tow Package
Soft Top
Half Doors

This is how she looked the day she was delivered

SAM_0457.jpg
SAM_0458.jpg
SAM_0460.jpg
SAM_0461.jpg
SAM_0462.jpg

JKUx

That color is awesome! Glad to be able to follow your build from the ground up!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
First 'official' mod was before it left the dealership, swapped the Fuel Trophy wheels and BFG All Terrains from my '13 2 door. Purely by accident, the wheels are damn near color matched.
SAM_0466.jpg
SAM_0467.jpg
SAM_0465.jpg
SAM_0470.jpg

Closer Look at the Granite Crystal Metallic
SAM_0473.jpg

Interior
SAM_0486.jpg
SAM_0485.jpg

Woody3

That is a sharp rig. I dig the factory half doors.
Congrats on the new ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Next I threw the stock stubby bumper I kept from my 2 door until the Full Metal Fabworks Apex Pinnacle Bumper comes in, should be here Monday or Tuesday of next week.
SAM_0489.jpg
SAM_0487.jpg

And a few more pics
SAM_0504.jpg
SAM_0466.jpg

She is a survivor of the South's 2014 Snowpocalypse!
SAM_0513.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Wired up the KC Apollo lights on Olympic windshield brackets, hooked it all up to the Daystar Lower dash switch panel. I'm surprised how well the grain matches the factory interior, but the color is not an 'exact' match. Close enough you have to really look to tell though.
SAM_0620.jpg
SAM_0623.jpg

Ill add some pics of the lights when it stops freaking raining here!

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
And Wednesday of this week the second batch of parts came in. I saw Brown Santa try to lift the sliders out and his eyes almost bugged out of his head, so he got his dolly out.
SAM_0577.jpg
SAM_0579.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I mounted up the EVO rear bumper fascia and D-ring mounts to see how it was going to look.
SAM_0584.jpg
SAM_0585.jpg

I didn't think it looked bad at all, but my OCD kicked in and out came the reciprocating saw. I trimmed about 1/2 inch from each frame rail, primer and paint, then remounted. Looks better trimmed in my opinion.
SAM_0587.jpg
SAM_0594.jpg
SAM_0599.jpg
SAM_0603.jpg

Before
SAM_0507.jpg

After
SAM_0606.jpg
SAM_0607.jpg

My little helper.
SAM_0608.jpg
He has his hands in everything while I'm working on the Jeep. He helped me with the CJ7, the 2 door JK, and now the JKU. He told me it was his. When I said it was mine he responded with "No Daddy, you lost it. It's mine now, I need it." Too funny!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Last night I added some WAYALIFE swag.
SAM_0610.jpg

While there, my OCD kicked I yet again so I trimmed the rear inner fenders so they weren't sticking down anymore.
SAM_0613.jpg
SAM_0614.jpg
SAM_0615.jpg
SAM_0616.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
That color is awesome! Glad to be able to follow your build from the ground up!

Thanks! Im loving the color more than I thought. I originally bought an Anvil one, but after that deal fell through, I decided to just order instead of trying to source a JKU with half doors from several states away. Last minute we saw a Sahara in Granite and knew that was the color for us.

JKFlyer

Sweet build so far!!! Color is really cool and unique! Looking forward to following this one!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Thanks! I was going to finish getting the sliders primed and painted, but it looks like I got talked into heading to Charleston for the weekend. Looks like I'm headed to the beach! JKS lift came in as well, so hopefully Ill get the lift on, sliders welded up and start priming and painting the front bumper this coming week.

Armydog

Subscribed. Nice rig! Great progress. I can't wait to watch

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Top Bottom