Why so bumpy offroad and on.

Dune Crawler

I've been feeling a lot of bumpiness in my ride after I upgraded my shocks from stock to skyjacker M95 and upgraded to a smittybilt bumper which I installed a bullbar, led bar and dually's to which added a few to the front. I have a 2.5 lift which is probably more like a 2.75-3in bc I have a jk and not a JKU. I measured the front shocks and there 5in in the front from compression to base and 5.7in in the back and I feel the bump more in the front than rear. Is this the cause?

Life's a beach

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I've been feeling a lot of bumpiness in my ride after I upgraded my shocks from stock to skyjacker M95 and upgraded to a smittybilt bumper which I installed a bullbar, led bar and dually's to which added a few to the front. I have a 2.5 lift which is probably more like a 2.75-3in bc I have a jk and not a JKU. I measured the front shocks and there 5in in the front from compression to base and 5.7in in the back and I feel the bump more in the front than rear. Is this the cause?

Life's a beach

Honestly, probably just the difference in valving between stock and skyjackers. Shocks are one of those things where you don't notice they're bad until you change them. Same in your case of going from stock to aftermarket performance.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
LOL! Thats so true. Theres your answer! Never liked anything by sky jacker, I feel like their similar to companies like rough country, no good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes!! As soon as I can afford it, my rough country stuff is gone. Their shocks especially suck!

MurderedJK

Yeah I wasted my money on Skyjackers. My jaw hated me and I'm pretty sure I chipped a few teeth because of them. Since then, I've been riding on Bils 5100 and LOVE them so soft and nice on and off road.

Top Bottom