Synergy flip kit and track bar

jkfern27

I recently installed a synergy drag link flip kit with the track bar relocation bracket and i took the rig wheeling today and i noticed that the track bar hits the pitman arm. Has anybody else had this problem?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK's JK

Banned
I recently installed a synergy drag link flip kit with the track bar relocation bracket and i took the rig wheeling today and i noticed that the track bar hits the pitman arm. Has anybody else had this problem?

Do you have 4" bump stops?

jkfern27

I guess i overlooked that, i thought i had 3 in bump stops which is the minimum but after looking at my kit again it only has 2 in bumstops. Looks like im getting new bumpstops.

BBrown626

What track bar?

I had the TF Monster track bar and it would Hit. Switched back to the factory track bar and all is fine. If you have a 3" lift, the relaxation bracket provides a perfect fit for the factory bar.

JK's JK

Banned
What track bar?

I had the TF Monster track bar and it would Hit. Switched back to the factory track bar and all is fine. If you have a 3" lift, the relaxation bracket provides a perfect fit for the factory bar.

This brings up a good point. Does the EVO flip kit require a certain amount of bump stop like the Synergy flip kit does?

jkfern27

What track bar?

I have the rubicon express track bar and i was thinking about putting the stock one back on

rdreng

This brings up a good point. Does the EVO flip kit require a certain amount of bump stop like the Synergy flip kit does?

Yes, the EVO Drag Link Flip kit requires a 3 inch bump stop spacer. The printed instructions do not mention this vital point (least the ones I have do not).

I originally had 2 inch bump stop spacers in my Enforcer lift kit. Some initial measure lead me to believe the track bar bracket in the EVO Drag Link Flip kit would hit the frame prior to the bump stops doing their job. Andrew at EVO MFG agreed with my assessment and we subsequently traded the 2 inch bump stops for 3 inch ones.

JK's JK

Banned
Yes, the EVO Drag Link Flip kit requires a 3 inch bump stop spacer. The printed instructions do not mention this vital point (least the ones I have do not).

I originally had 2 inch bump stop spacers in my Enforcer lift kit. Some initial measure lead me to believe the track bar bracket in the EVO Drag Link Flip kit would hit the frame prior to the bump stops doing their job. Andrew at EVO MFG agreed with my assessment and we subsequently traded the 2 inch bump stops for 3 inch ones.

Thank you for the input. I for some reason got flipped on the drag link and the trac bar..........That's what hits is the trac bar not the drag link. The EVO does not replace the whole drag link but part of it and the Synergy replaces all the way to the pitman arm. Some reason I got it in my head the drag link would hit without the 4" bump stop. :doh:

Colorado2003

RE track bar hits pitman arm

Just finished with a lot of steering and axel upgrades. I added the Evo drag link flip kit and have the RE adjustable track bar. My lift is the 3.5" RE and now the track bar is hitting the drop pitman arm bolt without flexing it out much at all. Bump stops would not help this asi am not flexing at all. Do I need to go back to the OEM track bar or remove the relocation bracket. I'm at a lose but need to figure it out soon!

Remove the dropped pitman arm. You either run it or the dlink flip. This alone will likely help, but you could return to the stock track bar and I probably would.

I'd imagine it handles like crap at the moment. ..

Colorado2003

Ya, it drive like crap. Wonders all over the road at highway speeds. So your saying just ditch the pitman arm and I would be good? I'm kind of new to all this so still learning. Thanks in advance for the help!

I recommended what I did because you said you had a dropped pitman arm. Can you take a picture of the front end so we can see the setup?

Top Bottom