Slickrock - Wednesday, July 25th

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone, I know this is all very last minute but, being that Moochie, Dave and Laura are going to be in town, I thought it might be fun to head down to Slickrock and do a run. If you think you can take the time off and join us, please let me know by chiming in on this thread. For now, there are no concrete details but, ideally, I was thinking we could meet up in South Lake Tahoe early for a quick bite or, at the trailhead at 9am. Time permitting, we can also run Corral Hollow. I would have said Deer Valley but unfortunately, it is closed. Anyway, I need to step out for a bit but, I'll be sure to check back later this afternoon.

:cool:

hmm tempting....how hard would this trail be without a front locker? I got back from barney riley over the weekend and was having issues with my front arb engaging. I'll go take a look at it in an hour. If I can get it working i'd like to join you guys if you dont mind a WJ in the mix.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
we would be on our way up but, unfortunately, we sheared off our rear upper control arm mount from the axle housing on Saturday:doh:. It will be a few weeks before it can be repaired. (trying to talk ramin into coming and I can co-pilot)
Have a great time and have a rhww for us after the trail! :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
hmm tempting....how hard would this trail be without a front locker? I got back from barney riley over the weekend and was having issues with my front arb engaging. I'll go take a look at it in an hour. If I can get it working i'd like to join you guys if you dont mind a WJ in the mix.

so long as you have a front tow hook, i'd say you'd be fine. we've run the trail many times without lockers - not by choice but, without them just the same. :crazyeyes:

we would be on our way up but, unfortunately, we sheared off our rear upper control arm mount from the axle housing on Saturday:doh:. It will be a few weeks before it can be repaired. (trying to talk ramin into coming and I can co-pilot)
Have a great time and have a rhww for us after the trail! :yup:

oh man, what a bummer. still running the factory 44 right? don't know what dana was thinking when they made those mounts as weak as they did - oh, that right, they weren't thinking people would be running heavy 37" tires and wheels and flexing like mad :crazyeyes: :D

damn. looks like my clutch gear on the arb is worn down :( One of these days I'll make it on a run and meet some of you guys. Have a good run

well, if you change your mind, please let me know :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
well in that case, count me in!

awesome! probably would be best if you met us at the trailhead. shooting to be there by 9am but with road construction and what not, we may be a bit later. just putting it out there just in case especially being that cell reception is spotty at best out there so just wait for us :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BlackDiamondBound said:
sounds good. I assume the trail head is off of NF7N17, marked with a sign?

The trailhead is off of highway 4 right next to lake alpine. If you go a bit further east along the lake, there is a parking area with bathrooms - we can meet you there.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Had a great time today! Thanks for leading us through some amazingly beautiful country. I haven't had a chance to look at my iPhone pics or gopro yet. Hopefully those of you with the nice cameras got some good shots!

Bullwinckle

Hooked
MTG said:
Had a great time today! Thanks for leading us through some amazingly beautiful country. I haven't had a chance to look at my iPhone pics or gopro yet. Hopefully those of you with the nice cameras got some good shots!

I want some pics!!! Sounded like a good time! :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

hey, we're so glad that you were able to join us today. we had a great time on the trail today with you, dave, laura, danny, moochie and his family. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
for now, here are a couple of pics from our run today....

main.php

main.php

i will start a new thread with more in destinations and beyond as soon as i can. :cool:

Thanks again guys, I had a good time too. Whoever found that broken wheel stud on the ground today was doing some foreshadowing because this happened shortly on after hitting the road. ha.

Attachments

• 0725021731.jpg
    0725021731.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 69
the rear driver wheel started wobbling, backing all the lugs out. When I went to go tighten them this one just snapped right off. I think that part on the ladder where that giant rock was pressed inside my wheel must of loosened it all up some how? I just tightened all the lugs that morning too before I left. Oh well, got home safe

MTG

Caught the Bug
the rear driver wheel started wobbling, backing all the lugs out. When I went to go tighten them this one just snapped right off. I think that part on the ladder where that giant rock was pressed inside my wheel must of loosened it all up some how? I just tightened all the lugs that morning too before I left. Oh well, got home safe

:eek:

Glad you made it home safe!

Nice meeting you BTW. :yup:

Top Bottom