Suggestions on chromoly shafts

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So i broke a u joint the other day wheeling and found out that the shaft was ovaled out. Due to that I'm looking at new chromoly shafts with full circle clips.

I am looking around and can't decided on what ones I want. Also no site seems to mention if the shaft comes pre assembled which I would prefer since I don't have the tools or the knowhow to assemble them properly.

Can someone please point me in the direction of a set of good pre assembled axle shafts that will not hurt the bank to much.

Thanks!

Also here are the pics.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394473803.382489.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394473828.332887.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

noroad

maybe the guy from Northridge will jump in maybe have a deal going on! i was looking at factory tens my self for when this happeneds to me!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So long as they come with full circle clips, it's hard to go wrong with any of the shafts available today. I had seen at SEMA where the gold G2 shafts were made by Foote and they are here in the USA but, at the same display, I found a set that weren't. If you could verify that the shafts you are getting are in fact made by Foote, I would go with them.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks guys. I ended up going with ten factory shafts thru Northridge.

Eddie- I looked at the G2's you suggested but they were just to far out of my price range. I was even pushing it with the shafts I just ordered. Plus my brain told me to not get shafts so strong that it would move my weak point in my axle back to the R&P in my d30. This I wanted to try and avoid since I have 5.13's. Thanks for the help as usual!

Sent from my iPhone

Elusive

I take shafts like the one you posted and weld a ujoint into it. lay a very small bead all around the cap and it's a fantastic trail spare.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys. I ended up going with ten factory shafts thru Northridge.

Eddie- I looked at the G2's you suggested but they were just to far out of my price range. I was even pushing it with the shafts I just ordered. Plus my brain told me to not get shafts so strong that it would move my weak point in my axle back to the R&P in my d30. This I wanted to try and avoid since I have 5.13's. Thanks for the help as usual!

Like I said before, you can't really go wrong with any of them so long as they come with full circle clips. On that note, the G2's aren't necessarily any stronger, just that if they are made by Foote, they would be made in the USA. That's all.

I take shafts like the one you posted and weld a ujoint into it. lay a very small bead all around the cap and it's a fantastic trail spare.

I don't know if I'd lay a "bead all around the cap" unless you don't care about frying the grease inside.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Like I said before, you can't really go wrong with any of them so long as they come with full circle clips. On that note, the G2's aren't necessarily any stronger, just that if they are made by Foote, they would be made in the USA. That's all.

ahhh ok i guess i just assumed since they would be made in the usa they would be stronger :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ahhh ok i guess i just assumed since they would be made in the usa they would be stronger :yup:

Made in the USA won't make it stronger in an apples to apples comparison, it'll just have a greater chance of not failing as made in the USA products tend to have better quality control.

Top Bottom