Rear Seat Headrest removal?

JK320

Has anyone removed their rear seat headrests? The reason I ask is they really interfere with my kids car seats. The make the car seats lean too far forward. How would one perform this??? It doesn't look easy to do, probably for good reason...

MTG

Caught the Bug
I just fold the seats down and hold the headrest down as I bring the seat back up then use a bungee to hold the headrest down. Does that make sense?

There was a thread on jk-forum about removal, but it looked like a real pain.

JK320

MTG said:
I just fold the seats down and hold the headrest down as I bring the seat back up then use a bungee to hold the headrest down. Does that make sense?

There was a thread on jk-forum about removal, but it looked like a real pain.

That does make sense, I do think that would be easier! Plus the kids are always growing, so it won't be long till booster seats anyway!!
Thanks for the input!!

Prime8

Well, you can remove the headrest, but the steel rods will still be sticking up... That might be worse... But to remove the rear headrests, get a flathead screwdriver with a long, thin, flat head. There is a narrow slot underneath the headrest, right next to the steel pole. Put the head in the slot and the top will come right off!

flotto

there was someone on jk forum that figure out a way to keep them bent down backward by removing a pin

TX_JK

I researched this about 6 months ago and ran across a thread on another forum where someone successfully removed the headrest but it was a major PITA. They had to pull the seats out of the jeep and pull the fabric off the seat frame to get to the hardware to allow them to remove it. A lot of work but he made it happen.

JK320

Thanks for all the info! The redneck engineer in me says, cut them off with my sawzall! But I think I'll just use the bungee trick..

Happy Jeeeping All!!

Top Bottom