JK Steering Wheel

Voodoo Actual

Chrysler just told me this was normal wear and tear on my 2014. Noticed it at about 2,000 miles.

It feels like the adhesive didn't take or isn't there. The leather is loose and floppy.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394481523.198448.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394481540.042457.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well that sucks and personally, I don't think there's anything normal about it. My 2007 doesn't look like that nor does my 2012

Voodoo Actual

I've never experienced any of these issues before.

First steering wheel with loose leather that I think I've ever had.

Looks like I'll have to repair it with my own coin since Chrysler won't stand behind their product. Their brand new product.

Well that sucks and personally, I don't think there's anything normal about it. My 2007 doesn't look like that nor does my 2012

And it shouldn't. Not sure what I could do about this other than foot the bill.

Hack12

Looks like I'll have to repair it with my own coin since Chrysler won't stand behind their product. Their brand new product.

Unfortunately, after hearing about Eddie's, and many others', nightmare dealings with Chrysler, I can't honestly say it surprises me.

Too damn bad that something so obvious is made so complicated by them.

NAUJK

That sucks!! I am kinda mean to my steering wheel and it doesnt look like that at all!!

espi

Before my jeep I had a 2012 Hyundai Tucson that this happened too and they said its not normal and replaced it under Warranty.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
it's not normal, try a different dealer or else go back and ask them to A. show you other Jeeps where this is normal, B. A tech service bulletin that indicates this is normal and if they still won't cover it under warranty, contact Chrysler direct.

If that doesn't get it done, contact your local media about it, dealerships hate bad media - I think all markets have a local media person that deals with issues, they love this stuff especially since Chevrolet is under such fire, I think they will be looking for anything to go after that may be a safety issue...

Voodoo Actual

it's not normal, try a different dealer or else go back and ask them to A. show you other Jeeps where this is normal, B. A tech service bulletin that indicates this is normal and if they still won't cover it under warranty, contact Chrysler direct.

If that doesn't get it done, contact your local media about it, dealerships hate bad media - I think all markets have a local media person that deals with issues, they love this stuff especially since Chevrolet is under such fire, I think they will be looking for anything to go after that may be a safety issue...

I called Chrysler and they said they'll look into why the replacement was denied. Which means nothing.

I put it in the Jeep fb page and on yelp but that probably won't do anything.

I'll try another dealer but don't they track by the VIN? Worth a shot though.

There is media that deals with this stuff around here. I'll look them up. Not a bad idea.

Charlie Mike

Definitely not normal. Almost 70,000 miles on my 2011 (which I believe has the same steering wheel as yours) and my steering wheel does not look like that. Get that replaced under warranty for sure! :beer:

BlueCopper

When i had my 2010 the wheel started to peel at the top. I had it in for a recall and Chrysler replaced the steering wheel under warranty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheDuff

While we are talking about steering wheels, does any one know if a 2011+ fit 2007-2010

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hack12

While we are talking about steering wheels, does any one know if a 2011+ fit 2007-2010

I think I remember reading somewhere recently that new interior JK steering wheels (11-14) wouldn't fit an older interior (07-10) JK.

I'd be interested in hearing from someone who knows for sure though.

36Fan

That sucks you have to fight such an obvious warranty item. I only have 200 miles on my JK, and its my first Chrysler product so I really didn't know what to expect,but after looking at a few things Im not overly excited about the fit and finish.

ocjku

I had the same thing happen to mine on my 13'. I haven't tried to warranty it yet, regardless it's a defect in manufacturing. It'll it's "wear and tear" ask them how they determined an outside influence could do that?

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Hearing more and more dealership refusing warranty work, scary.

I was told dealerships, some not all, look for any reason to not fix a item under warranty as the labor rate is paid by chrysler at a much lower rate than their normal labor rate and then add the factor they make no mark up on parts. Dealerships claim they loose money, so the refuse warranty claims.

Not sure how true this is, but heard it from several people connected with a couple of dealerships. This apparently is not just a chrysler issues :thumbdown:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

dahreno

Banned
So it was the dealership that denied you, not Chrysler.That figures. I think they say no to damn near everything hoping you will just go away, unless they can make money from it. I hope Chrysler make good on this for you.

Top Bottom