Project JK DIY flat fender write up

KernHydro

I thought there was a write up on cutting factory fenders on project jk but cant find it. Can some one post a link on this :beer:

Jeepin it

Looks great think i will try this, if i was to run a 35 inch tire would i need a 1.5inch or 1.25 inch spacer? And will this add extra load on the front D 30 axle?

Jeepin it

Jeepin it said:
Looks great think i will try this, if i was to run a 35 inch tire would i need a 1.5inch or 1.25 inch spacer? And will this add extra load on the front D 30 axle?

Jeep jk 2012.

StrizzyChris

Jeep jk 2012.

The tires will add resistance and therefore increase the torque you place on your axle shafts. Also the weight will place strain on your inner C knuckles. The spacers will add absolutely no strain to your axle.

Of all your voiced concerns, I think all you will need to do to run the mentioned set-up is weld gussets and call it a day.

Jeepin it

Great i have c gussets just waiting to weld them on. Just wish we could get away with tires sticking out past the guard here in aus looks like its new mud guards.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

i personally would go with the 1.5 spacers as the wheel studs can be just a bit too long and prevent a flush fit. it's really hard to see or know if things are off but, if they are, this could lead to a spacer failure. the 1.5's will clear for sure. also, running high quality spacers are no different than running a set of aftermarket wheels with less backspacing.

Jeepin it

So if i was to run wheels with 4.5 backspacing i would not need the spacers? That was the plan to buy tires and rims.

Thanks

Last edited:

HILLZ

Great i have c gussets just waiting to weld them on. Just wish we could get away with tires sticking out past the guard here in aus looks like its new mud guards.

Hey Bud, where abouts in Aus are you? I'm in Perth.
mine stick out past the guards a bit and I've not had any drama from the local constabulary yet :cheesy:
sand7.1.jpg
not the best shot for how far they stick out but it is very noticeable in person.

sjd78

Anyone have pictures of an unlimited with chopped fenders and no lift on 35's? Do you get a lot of rubbing?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Anyone have pictures of an unlimited with chopped fenders and no lift on 35's? Do you get a lot of rubbing?

Might rub, might have to trim a little bit of metal to make it work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom