Steering wheel vibration

After rotating my tires last Friday I developed a steering wheel vibration starting at 50 mph and got worse at about 58 mph and the settled out at about 62 mph. It was quite annoying. So I stopped by my local tire shop and had the wheels balanced. Well low and behold the left front was 3oz off and the right front was 4 oz off. Canvas now drives like she should smooth and I also reduced the road noise from the 33 inch MT Baja ATZ. Lesson learned have the tires rotated and balanced.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Armydog

Currently in the same boat with the pumpkin. Going to go to discount tire about 45 min from here and have them spin all five....

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Currently in the same boat with the pumpkin. Going to go to discount tire about 45 min from here and have them spin all five....

It will make a world of difference. Had to take the long way home from picking up the boy from school.

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Armydog

Any experience with the internal balance beads? Dyna beads? I was going back and forth with Eddie on a related issue - always appreciate his input and experience. He didn't think they were a valid option and I have no counter point. They prob are a waste of time but would love to hear from anyone who has run them? I guess it's a shortcut. Still going to have the sneakers balanced this weekend....

jeeeep

Hooked
I've got a friend I wheel with that uses them - I'm going to say I think they do work. I've seen him run 2 different sets of tires and no balance weights.

We also went mudding once and I had to pull over and knock the clay mud off my wheels because it was causing too much wobble - he had just as much stuck on his wheels and he said it wasn't having any affect and didn't bother to knock any off his wheels until we got to the car wash.

I will say it sounds like a rain stick at slower speeds but can't hear it other than that - the sound doesn't bother him but it did me so that's really the only reason I haven't used them.

Any experience with the internal balance beads? Dyna beads? I was going back and forth with Eddie on a related issue - always appreciate his input and experience. He didn't think they were a valid option and I have no counter point. They prob are a waste of time but would love to hear from anyone who has run them? I guess it's a shortcut. Still going to have the sneakers balanced this weekend....

They actually caused Death Wobble on mine. Sucked them out, had the tires spin balanced and haven't had any issues since.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

On a similar note, I run centramatics on my work truck which in theory is the same thing and I do well with them, I get huge mileage out of my tires. I had a tire guy tell me that the beads seat where they need to be but when you hit a bump in the road they tend to scatter which causes the tire to be unbalanced momentarily. He may or may not be correct, but at the time I was filling my boxers from the Death Wobble it made a lot of sense to me,lol.

Armydog

On a similar note, I run centramatics on my work truck which in theory is the same thing and I do well with them, I get huge mileage out of my tires. I had a tire guy tell me that the beads seat where they need to be but when you hit a bump in the road they tend to scatter which causes the tire to be unbalanced momentarily. He may or may not be correct, but at the time I was filling my boxers from the Death Wobble it made a lot of sense to me,lol.

Tango seems like a split decision thus far. Think I'll stick with good tires and old fashioned wheel weights

Top Bottom