Moby gets new motor

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: LOL!! a while back, we found a good deal on a brand new motor and transmission and bought it just in case we ever needed it. our manual transmission has been having the popping out of 1st problem for a long time now and recently, it's gotten worse. while there is a TSB to fix this, we are well out of warranty and the cost to have it done is more than what we paid for the motor and transmission. moby currently has well over 100,000 miles on it and so, we decided to just swap out what we have with the replacement we bought and essentially, make moby new again :yup:

94YJBeaver

So no 6.4 Hemi??

:cheesy: LOL!! a while back, we found a good deal on a brand new motor and transmission and bought it just in case we ever needed it. our manual transmission has been having the popping out of 1st problem for a long time now and recently, it's gotten worse. while there is a TSB to fix this, we are well out of warranty and the cost to have it done is more than what we paid for the motor and transmission. moby currently has well over 100,000 miles on it and so, we decided to just swap out what we have with the replacement we bought and essentially, make moby new again :yup:

Serg5000

Good thinking. Nothing wrong with a new motor and trans. Looks like many more happy trails for Moby.

JandSJK

That's awesome WOL. Curiosity got the best of me. Hadn't heard that there was anything wrong with Moby. Always nice to get a good deal on something you know you're gonna need down the road.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, we'll be heading back to socal soon and will need to drop off rubicat at the dealership to get that cyl head replaced. looking to take moby back out again for sure :cool:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Nice. Probably easier to pop a 3.8L in than anything else especially when it comes to registering with the DMV. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice. Probably easier to pop a 3.8L in than anything else especially when it comes to registering with the DMV. :)

truth be told, that was a big factor in why we decided to stick with a 3.8. we've had an old cj that we loved but could never get it to even pass visual inspection and finally ended up selling it because it was so much trouble.

StrizzyChris

truth be told, that was a big factor in why we decided to stick with a 3.8. we've had an old cj that we loved but could never get it to even pass visual inspection and finally ended up selling it because it was so much trouble.

AHH thats right....I forgot CA has strict vehicle regulation. Thats why I am not renewing my plates and gonna register mine in OH. We dont even do e-check there :clap2:

Zambi

Love Ohio registered my plates for
Two years. God knows my geo wouldn't pass smog or anything in cali

naysjp

Moby has over 100K miles on him? I just hit 100K 2 weeks ago and I believe Rhubard(my TJ) is older than Moby.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Moby has over 100K miles on him? I just hit 100K 2 weeks ago and I believe Rhubard(my TJ) is older than Moby.

yeah, if you can believe it, over 100k on moby, just shy of 50k on nemo (our old 09) just before we sold him and over 16k on rubicat, our new 2012. did i mention we work from home too? :crazyeyes: :D

naysjp

yeah, if you can believe it, over 100k on moby, just shy of 50k on nemo (our old 09) just before we sold him and over 16k on rubicat, our new 2012. did i mention we work from home too? :crazyeyes: :D

Now you really got the gears goin in my head! I've been driving 300 miles a week to work for the past 16 months which explaines why I finally got over 100K.

Top Bottom