Wobble

Napalm90

I wouldn't say it death wobble. The road where I live are very pot holey( that even a word?) and every time I hit one even going just 20 mph my steer has a case of the wobbles until I jerk the wheel left or right... What would cause this and how do I fix this problem?

Sent via carrier pigeon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you've got something loose or worn out. Let it go too long and you very well could get DW. I would start by checking your track bar bolts to make sure they are tightened to 125-130 ft lbs of torque and then go from there.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Didn't you say on Facebook you smashed your tie rod? Maybe your toe is out along with some loose bolts?

Sent from my iPhone

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't you say on Facebook you smashed your tie rod? Maybe your toe is out along with some loose bolts?

Sent from my iPhone

Too much toe caused by a bent tie-rod will definitely be a problem. Depending on the hit, you can even damage the threads on the adjuster and that will cause DW.

Napalm90

Sent from my iPhone

Lol I completely forgot about that, it's bent up and in ever so slightly. I didn't think it would cause the wobble though, and there was no wobbleing on the way back home... Just started yesterday
I'm ordering a synergy tie rod when I place the order for my pr44. So it's not that big of an issue for me.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Last edited:

jkmohican

Lol I completely forgot about that, it's bent up and in ever so slightly. I didn't think it would cause the wobble though, and there was no wobbleing on the way back home... Just started yesterday
I'm ordering a synergy tie rod when I place the order for my pr44. So it's not that big of an issue for me.

Sent via carrier pigeon

As said before, tighten down everything. Look at all bolts, bolt holes, bushings, for movment. I "officially" as of last week got rid of all my wobbles in my jeep so ive been in the process of elimination for long than I should have. My advise to save you time and money, jack it up and take a long lool at everything. Fix it and replace and dont waste time because if you do what I did, It will turn into death wobble. And all your under wear will be stained from there on out. You dont want that, believe me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Took a tourqe wrench and tightened every bolt up front, problem is gone.

Sent via carrier pigeon

nice! glad that was an easy fix. like said above if you get a chance take a look at your trackbar bolt hole and make sure it isnt ovaled out as well. i know mine was a little so i had a washer welded to it to recenter it.

NM2012CherryJK

I replaced my steering stabilizer last night now I notice when I'm around 50 MPH I get a shimmy not DW is this due to my tires needing to be rebalanced? I did re-tightened the bolts for the stabilizer any thoughts. Thank you I am new to JK's.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I replaced my steering stabilizer last night now I notice when I'm around 50 MPH I get a shimmy not DW is this due to my tires needing to be rebalanced? I did re-tightened the bolts for the stabilizer any thoughts. Thank you I am new to JK's.

what tire pressure are you running?

NM2012CherryJK

I'm at 35 PSI I didn't notice any shimmy when I had the stock one on, I got the FOX STEERING STABILIZER IFP JK is there a certain angel it needs to be at? Thanks

Top Bottom