Teraflex lift install???

Jay_r24

Hey Fellow Jeepers :standing wave:

i'm going to be putting a teraflex bb lift on my 2011 JKU, anyone know of any reliable shops that can do the install in north orange county that are not to expensive? Much appreciated!!!!

Jay_r24

Off Road Evolution is in Fullerton and I would go to them if you really can't do the install yourself. But, I really would recommend that you at least give it a look to see if you can. Here is a write-up I've done that will help you out:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3976-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-2-5-quot-Budget-Boost-Installation-Write-Up

Wow Excellent write up Eddie, i think i might tackle this myself. It looks pretty straightforward and i think it would be good so i can get to learn my rig a bit. Also considering i was quoted $440 to install plus $95 for an alignment. BTW Is an alignment necessary after installing the bb? How long would it generally take to install the bb?

Jay_r24

as eddie said i would go check out Off Road Evo if you cant do it yourself. if you want to tackle it Eddie has a great write up on how to do it yourself

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3976-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-2-5-quot-Budget-Boost-Installation-Write-Up

edit- beat me to it eddie!!! i had to go find it lol

Thanks, Offroad Evolution is actually really close to me. They are who quoted me $440 for the install plus $95 for alignment!! i think i might grab a buddy and tackle it!! :thinking:

Thanks, Offroad Evolution is actually really close to me. They are who quoted me $440 for the install plus $95 for alignment!! i think i might grab a buddy and tackle it!! :thinking:

That's your best bet man, I just recently installed a Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift and it took me and a friend the better part of a day.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That's your best bet man, I just recently installed a Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift and it took me and a friend the better part of a day.

^^^ agree.

OP i would try and tackle it yourself. it should only take a few hour at least if not a better part of the day to do it since it will be all new to you

Jay_r24

how difficult would you say it is? i mean i have general knowledge but never got up under my JK and looked at the components. Now to figure out how to keep the wife busy for majority of the day!! :thinking: LoL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, doing it yourself it the best thing you can do for yourself. Other than recentering your steering wheel after the lift, you will NOT need an alignment. In fact, there's nothing a shop can do other than that and take your money.

noroad

^^^ agreed with a basic lift you only need a couple hand tools at the most, (mostly 19mm) pluse it is a very good way to learn your rig! as for an alignment, depends if you are changing draglink and such yes if not you should be ok without one, there is also a write up on how to do it yourself (its pretty much just getting the wheel stright as you are not messing with your tie rod)!

Jay_r24

^^^ agreed with a basic lift you only need a couple hand tools at the most, (mostly 19mm) pluse it is a very good way to learn your rig! as for an alignment, depends if you are changing draglink and such yes if not you should be ok without one, there is also a write up on how to do it yourself (its pretty much just getting the wheel stright as you are not messing with your tie rod)!

Awesome, thanks man i appreciate it.

Jay_r24

Jay_r24

^^^ agree.

OP i would try and tackle it yourself. it should only take a few hour at least if not a better part of the day to do it since it will be all new to you

noticed your running the teraflex 2.5 and the bilstein 5100 shocks! that's what i am going to install! how do you like it? i was in between the bilstein 5100 and the fox 2.0 but went with the bilstein.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
noticed your running the teraflex 2.5 and the bilstein 5100 shocks! that's what i am going to install! how do you like it? i was in between the bilstein 5100 and the fox 2.0 but went with the bilstein.

i like the bilsteins a lot. the smooth out the ride of the teraflex coils a good amount.

jesse3638

Hooked
Hmmmmmmm, your location says SoCal :thinking:. LoL, thanks good idea!

I know you're down in OC but if you're willing to drive up to Apple Valley I'd be more that willing to give you a hand. I have all the tools necessary for the install. Plan on a day but we could prob have it done in 4-6 hours. Then we could go try it out after...;). I did the complete install on mine it took me quite a bit longer because mine is a long arm lift. I'd agree you learn so much about your jeep when doing it yourself.

Top Bottom