Flare ideas for my 2013 JKUS

HILLZ

Hi, i've got a 2013 JKUS and i'm looking at putting some 35's on it but i'm not sure what to do about the flares, not sure if i should chop the factory ones of bolt on some flatties.
what have you done and what are your thoughts??? :thinking::thinking::thinking:
Powerlines 1.jpg
this is as it sits at the moment.
Help me fellow Jeepers!
:rock::rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, being that you have a full-width bumper, I personally would keep your factory fenders as is. But, if you really want to run something else, I would definitely chop your factory flares before spending any money on aftermarket ones.

HILLZ

Honestly, being that you have a full-width bumper, I personally would keep your factory fenders as is. But, if you really want to run something else, I would definitely chop your factory flares before spending any money on aftermarket ones.

the only thing that has stopped me so far from chopping the factory flares is that my states laws dictate that the tyres can't come out past the flares and if i go to 35's even the factory ones will be to narrow. i've been looking at the Xenon flat flares which will give me 1.5 inches of extra coverage on each side but still unsure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
the only thing that has stopped me so far from chopping the factory flares is that my states laws dictate that the tyres can't come out past the flares and if i go to 35's even the factory ones will be to narrow. i've been looking at the Xenon flat flares which will give me 1.5 inches of extra coverage on each side but still unsure.

Honestly, I would NOT get Xenons as they will sag and look terrible. If anything, I would recommend Bushwacker flares as they will at least be factory width and if you really need the extra width, MCE makes a set that will do the job better than Xenons. Having said that, I personally would stick with the factory fenders being that you have a full width bumper.

HILLZ

Honestly, I would NOT get Xenons as they will sag and look terrible. If anything, I would recommend Bushwacker flares as they will at least be factory width and if you really need the extra width, MCE makes a set that will do the job better than Xenons. Having said that, I personally would stick with the factory fenders being that you have a full width bumper.

no problems, thanks for the advice. think i need to do some more research. :thinking::thinking:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You could cut the side portion off to allow for more room but still have the flare match up with the bumper.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If i was to do that would need to be done with the inner liner and the support structure?

Nothing really. Trim the inner a little bit but the rest should be fine since your not taking any width off just changing the height.

NTRubicon

Don't trim too much HILLZ, in AUS I think you'll find we are still required to display side indicators and if you trim, you'll take them off. ADR 06/00 for side markers.

Bestop does some wider flares that look almost factory, and work with the full width front bar.

NTRubicon

Don't trim too much HILLZ, in AUS I think you'll find we are still required to display side indicators and if you trim, you'll take them off. ADR 06/00 for side markers.

Bestop does some wider flares that look almost factory, and work with the full width front bar.

Just spent a few hours reviewing ADRs and road rules (yep, my Friday night is THAT exciting!). Seems you only need to have front and rear indicators, the side visible ones are optional (thought they were required by ADR). check to make sure in your state, but otherwise chop away!

HILLZ

Just spent a few hours reviewing ADRs and road rules (yep, my Friday night is THAT exciting!). Seems you only need to have front and rear indicators, the side visible ones are optional (thought they were required by ADR). check to make sure in your state, but otherwise chop away!

Cool thanks NT, i'll have to look into it more.:rock:

JayKay

Caught the Bug

Don't Xenons come with side skirts and a chin spoiler? :cheesy:

Yeahright

Hillz,
I see your an Aussie, mate I run Double Black Offroad Flatties, they are in Victoria I ran them with he same bumper you have and they dont look too bad (I now have an ARB stubby) the old ones used to sag but I think they have fixed the issue now.
PB230056.jpg
PB230058.jpg

shaunv8

Cool thanks NT, i'll have to look into it more.:rock:

Gday Hillz,

Sorry to hijack but Im in Perth too and just saw your windscreen light bar bracket.

Thats the exact one Im looking for as it keeps the bar about the roofline height.

Can you please tell me where you got it and the make?

Thanks

1BAMFR

I run the flat Bushwackers
20140213_103436_zps1dc04f6d.jpg
20140213_103403_zps2225a05a.jpg

Top Bottom