What to buy....

kevinp

Hi all.

I'm about to take a trip for the Army. If I watch myself (eat cheaply), I can pocket close to $3K. It's a long TDY. Very long. Anyway, I wanted to try to get a PR44 by making up the rest out of my savings. Then DW reminded me we are flying back to the mainland twice this year, one of those trips is our daughter's wedding (implied expense). So I can't touch savings. I get it. But, surely 3 stacks can make my Jeep more beastly somehow. I thought maybe regear, lock the rear, and truss the front and add beefier shafts.

Opinions? Is there something else I'm not thinking about? I have skids, sliders, Bilstein 5160s, RK 2.5 MT lift, front bumper with 10k winch, OR Fab tire carrier, GROR rear bumper, CB, trail doors, bikini, 35s that are still in good shape.... I also thought about hydraulic bump stops, too. Whacha think?

Sincerely,
Kevin

From my Samsung GS4

liljohn850

For 3 grand I'd do the axle.... I think we're both on the countdown of that thing saying bye bye

Sent from my pocket sized telecommunications and computing device.

liljohn850

Hi all.

I'm about to take a trip for the Army. If I watch myself (eat cheaply), I can pocket close to $3K. It's a long TDY. Very long. Anyway, I wanted to try to get a PR44 by making up the rest out of my savings. Then DW reminded me we are flying back to the mainland twice this year, one of those trips is our daughter's wedding (implied expense). So I can't touch savings. I get it. But, surely 3 stacks can make my Jeep more beastly somehow. I thought maybe regear, lock the rear, and truss the front and add beefier shafts.

Opinions? Is there something else I'm not thinking about? I have skids, sliders, Bilstein 5160s, RK 2.5 MT lift, front bumper with 10k winch, OR Fab tire carrier, GROR rear bumper, CB, trail doors, bikini, 35s that are still in good shape.... I also thought about hydraulic bump stops, too. Whacha think?

Sincerely,
Kevin

From my Samsung GS4

You could sleeve, shaft, lock and regear too. I'd go that route. Yup. Or coilovers up front.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sleeving won't prevent your axle from bending at the differential and truss will most likely bend your axle. I would get a PR or hold out until you can get a PR44 and lock/regear the rear. No point in doing it twice.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I agree with overlander on this. Save it for a PR44. In the Lon run it will be cheaper than the sleeving

Sent from my iPhone

kevinp

Tracking! So I may just buy a little something and bank the rest. Then when the time comes, do it all at once.

Sincerely,
Kevin

From my Samsung GS4

Beyrgut

If you have 3k already save a few pennies and get the PR44. You are damn close to the Unlimited from Northridge PR44 Unlimited. Granted shipping to the islands may be a bit more. Personally I would save for something like this Unlimted Special until you destroy what you have. It will be a lot easier to coax the funds if the vehicle is out of commission ;) and you're a little short.

Last edited:

kevinp

If you have 3k already save a few pennies and get the PR44. You are damn close to the Unlimited from Northridge PR44 Unlimited. Granted shipping to the islands may be a bit more. Personally I would save for something like this Unlimted Special until you destroy what you have. It will be a lot easier to coax the funds if the vehicle is out of commission ;) and you're a little short.

Thanks for the input! The package you suggested is exactly what I was originally looking at. I'll probably just keep it the way it is until I have the bones for a complete deal (PR44, regear, locker for the rear and the OBA). ANNDDD, EVERYTHING is expensive to ship here. It costs an arm just to ship from one island to the other. I paid a fair bit for shipping on the lift and shocks, and the seller absorbed some of that for me. haha It's beautiful here, but boy do you pay for it.

Kevin

liljohn850

Thanks for the input! The package you suggested is exactly what I was originally looking at. I'll probably just keep it the way it is until I have the bones for a complete deal (PR44, regear, locker for the rear and the OBA). ANNDDD, EVERYTHING is expensive to ship here. It costs an arm just to ship from one island to the other. I paid a fair bit for shipping on the lift and shocks, and the seller absorbed some of that for me. haha It's beautiful here, but boy do you pay for it.

Kevin

Shipping is a nightmare...a terrible aspect of living here. and Traffic...lets not leave that out....and if you get the PR, I'll be there in a jiffy to turn those wrenches!!!

kevinp

Shipping is a nightmare...a terrible aspect of living here. and Traffic...lets not leave that out....and if you get the PR, I'll be there in a jiffy to turn those wrenches!!!

Thanks for the offer. Looks like I'll be homing in on a set of King hydraulic bump stops and bank the rest.

Sincerely,
Kevin

From my Samsung GS4

liljohn850

Thanks for the offer. Looks like I'll be homing in on a set of King hydraulic bump stops and bank the rest.

Sincerely,
Kevin

From my Samsung GS4

Woo hoo!!!! I'm down. Let's party!!

Top Bottom