HELP. JK Alarm

JK's JK

Banned
Hi Guys,

So I brought in my JK last week into the dealership and it was displaying some issues. Came down to a alarm system of some sort that was causing the issue. I don't know what the alarm system is called and there really isnt any marking's. The vehicle was purchased in Elk Groove from what I understand. Can anyone identify this particular alarm system? The Elk Groove dealership is denying they installed this, but yet the previous owner said it was installed by them. When I talked with the service rep, he said they install these type of alarm systems......The functions of what it does.

Any identification of this thing would help. :yup:

DSC02052.JPG DSC02053.JPG

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I had one on my f150 and it was dealer installed. They turned it off if you don't want to pay for it.

What's the issue? Just cut the wires.

Brankz

Hi Guys,

So I brought in my JK last week into the dealership and it was displaying some issues. Came down to a alarm system of some sort that was causing the issue. I don't know what the alarm system is called and there really isnt any marking's. The vehicle was purchased in Elk Groove from what I understand. Can anyone identify this particular alarm system? The Elk Groove dealership is denying they installed this, but yet the previous owner said it was installed by them. When I talked with the service rep, he said they install these type of alarm systems......The functions of what it does.

Any identification of this thing would help. :yup:

View attachment 73667 View attachment 73668

Yup I have the same, the dealer deactivates it, but you can activate it for free ;)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394819163.055451.jpg

Last edited:

BadApple

I had that one on my mustang cant remember what it was called but if my alarm wass triggered it would shut the fuel pump off and lock the ecm. There was a sequence you had to push the buttons to unlock it. Thats whaat the dealer I bought it from said I never had to deal with it as I opted to have it turned off because I didnt wanna pay extra for it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JK's JK

Banned
The dealership fixed the problem by removing the a wire. Then I came later in the day after sitting for a while. The vehicle had no power to it at all. That alarm system killed the whole vehicle.

TheDuff

I have the same alarm. Twice now I've gone to get in the jeep and found it not responding. Can see the red security dash light blinking. Forced to open the door using the key, which sets off the alarm, and I have to start the engine as fast as possible. Embarrassing really, but if it's doing its job and keeping the jeep from being stolen, I'll tolerate it.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK's JK

Banned
I have the same alarm. Twice now I've gone to get in the jeep and found it not responding. Can see the red security dash light blinking. Forced to open the door using the key, which sets off the alarm, and I have to start the engine as fast as possible. Embarrassing really, but if it's doing its job and keeping the jeep from being stolen, I'll tolerate it.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm afraid of what other harm it might happen down the road.

**EDIT**

Thank you guys. Called Chrysler and confirmed the dodge dealership in elk groove. I ended up asking for a manager this time and confirmed they installed this system. The manager got me a contact.

Last edited:

Moochie

Dealership installs on vehicles on lot for their security. I got the option to keep if I paid for it, which I did. It adds extra options to the stock system. Glass breakage is one of them.

bumbie

It looks like a Karr Security System. Installed by almost all the stealerships as an inventory control device. Doesn't have to be purchased, but they have a pretty heavy upcharge compared to the "bulk" cost to the dealer. I was once told the dealer cost is $125 - $150 each install. The purchase invoice will show a lot more than that!!!

Top Bottom