Stock Upper Spring Isolator

Fragsrus

How important is the upper spring isolator with a budget boost lift? I have recently noticed my used rig is missing them. Sorry if this is a complete noob question, but I have only owned my first Jeep for about a month now.

Brankz

How important is the upper spring isolator with a budget boost lift? I have recently noticed my used rig is missing them. Sorry if this is a complete noob question, but I have only owned my first Jeep for about a month now.

You need to ask Adam about this! He will know the correct answered

JK's JK

Banned
To be honest I dont know anything about budget boosts. However I did do some research on it. So a budget boost just extends the vehicle up by adding a spacer to the top of the spring. What the guy should have done was take the factory isolator out and put it back in before placing the spring back in. If I read about isolators correctly, it should center the spring in place. That and your loosing 1.5" which I'm sure is dipping towards the front, I'd say you would need to have it in. I'd just buy some used isolators. I'm sure someone on this forum has them.

**EDIT**

And looking at your picture. If that's your rig sitting flat, I personally think the bump stops in the center of your springs are really close together.

Last edited:

Fragsrus

Yeah I already have plans to replace the coils/shocks/etc. I just wasnt sure if I absolutely needed to replace the spring isolators. I suspect that I do, but figured I would ask the experts here on the forums first.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Maybe it is on top of your spacer? I also think your bump stop looks really close to the top bump piece

Fragsrus

It is very close. The coils have sagged A LOT! That's why I am replacing them. It's a 3" coil spacer, as best as I can measure at least, and it measures only 1/2" above stock! Not sure what the previous owner did to this thing but they don't seem to know what they were doing. They popped some 35s on rims with 6" backspacing and just slapped them on there with this budget boost. The tires were rubbing big time on everything at full steer. The shocks don't have any extensions on there and they didn't extend the sway bar links.

Top Bottom