Can we talk about my Jeep?

DMF

Hello friends, if that is safe to say. What may not be is I honestly don't know what lift I have. Hanging out with friends the other night they ask and I answer it's a Mopar 2" kit. Another friend said no, it's technically a TerraFlex because they make Mopar lifts. So he measured the distant between the bushings of the front shocks. I know TeraFlex makes a 2.5" kit and Mopar has a 2" kit. The measurement comes ti 20.5ish close to 20.75" from bushing to bushing. Can some one help me determine what brand this lift kit is from these pictures?

I bought the Jeep with the lift included and the salesman says its a premium lift. That's all he could help me with.

20140314_205424637_iOS.jpg 20140314_205341917_iOS.jpg 20140314_205404893_iOS.jpg

Heholua

From the looks of it to me, it does look like a Mopar lift maybe made by AEV. The Bilstein shocks and cam bolts in the front lower control arms indicate AEV, but I could be wrong.:idontknow:

DMF

Thanks Heholua,

When comparing AEV's 2.5" lift kit and comparing it to what I have on my Jeep. There are some parts that are missing. Possibly the dealer decided to throw parts on this thing and called it a day haha. I guess I should have been more clear with my title. Does Mopar make lifts kits or do they re-brand other manufactures?

Oh thanks Overlander, I didn't see your post as I was typing this out.

Last edited:

Heholua

Thanks Heholua,

When comparing AEV's 2.5" lift kit and comparing it to what I have on my Jeep. There are some parts that are missing. Possibly the dealer decided to throw parts on this thing and called it a day haha. I guess I should have been more clear with my title. Does Mopar make lifts kits or do they re-brand other manufactures?

Oh thanks Overlander, I didn't see your post as I was typing this out.

It could be a special lift made for Mopar by AEV. Mopar has manufacturers make and private label kits for them.

DMF

Thanks for you help guys. So it's definitely a Mopar lift and could possibly be made by AEV. But it is a Mopar lift haha. Again thanks for clarifying this.

904Jeep

I don't think that particular Mopar lift is made by AEV. Those coils are linear rate whereas AEV's are a progressive rate.

CerOf

Rear trackbar tower is not AEV nor are the rear sway bar end links.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

DMF

So not TerraFles or AEV either. I really hope I don't have to resort to the dealership if I need anything replace.

Marauder

Last year, before I knew better, I was contemplating a Mopar lift (purchased through the dealer.) I called the Mopar techline and they told me they the specific one that I was looking at was made by Superlift. They have had a few different manufacturers over the years so you may want to call Mopar and ask them who made your lift (if they are able to reference the part numbers or not.)

Last edited:

Landman

Bumbstop doesn't look like AEV, neither do the springs iirc. FWIW my AEV springs say Nth degree on them lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

DMF

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm just going to continue to say I have Mopar lift and call it a day. And if anyone argues with me they can do the research themselves. And lastly I hope I won't have to go through the stealership for parts once my warranty is over.

jesse3638

Hooked
Last year, before I knew better, I was contemplating a Mopar lift (purchased through the dealer.) I called the Mopar techline and they told me they the specific one that I was looking at was made by Superlift. They have had a few different manufacturers over the years so you may want to call Mopar and ask them who made your lift (if they are able to reference the part numbers or not.)

When I was in the market for my Jeep the salesman was trying to sell me on the Mopar lift. I wasn't interested but I do remember him telling me it was made by superlift.

DMF

Thanks Jesse, but I couldn't find any 2" lift kit besides the BB kit they have from Superlift.

Top Bottom