Carwash and your Antenna

Sabur

Lame question but anyone have any info on if the antenna of a stock JK will hold up in a carwash or if it should be removed? I tried messing around with removing it.....kind of a pain in butt. I'm a new JK owner and wondered if anyone with more trigger time might have an answer.

Thanks,

Sab :beer:

Brankz

Lame question but anyone have any info on if the antenna of a stock JK will hold up in a carwash or if it should be removed? I tried messing around with removing it.....kind of a pain in butt. I'm a new JK owner and wondered if anyone with more trigger time might have an answer.

Thanks,

No if you get in with the antenna you will destroy your jeep and it will catch on fire

jeepj

It should be completely fine :cool: I slam my antenna against my garage door twice a day and its fine. Might want to invest in a shorty antenna though

09blackruby

Haha.. No worries. The water from the car wash will put the fire out... Maybe.. No all kidding aside, I've been thru the car wash a bunch of times and it's been fine. The touchless kind that is.. Not the ones with the big brushes...

Brankz

Brankz you got the link for that? I was thinking about one of those

Sent from my iPhone

The kit has all you need, and yes it has a adaptor for the jk connector type.

And the radio sounds better

They have 6 inch and 12 inch :thumbs:

I have the 6 inch one

salfi

I've taken mine thru the wash with the brushes several times. It just bends. One note though, the brushes in the car was dont get the Jeep all that clean. IMO its because of the (radical :rock:) boxy shape.

jeepj

Brankz you got the link for that? I was thinking about one of those

Sent from my iPhone

I believe that shorty antenna is made by antennaX. I got one for like $12 bucks as well, didn't lose signal at all. If anything, I kind of gained a little clarity on some stations to be honest, but I guess it depends on where you live.

Armydog

I also got the shorty rubber antenna from amazon, get just as good radio reception and it looks cool......

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394848900.734389.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Tigrcky

i just wanna offer my :twocents: here, the length of the antenna only affects your range while transmitting, not receiving. if you are running convoy and no farther then a mile apart then a 4 foot firestick will be fine, you will still transmit around 4 miles with line of sight. i had a 102 inch whip antenna with my set up and could broadcast up to 10 miles out with line of sight however if the person 10 miles out couldnt transmit that far then it was near pointless. hope this helps!

Thanks,

When I could still go to an automatic carwash:banghead: I never had any issues with mine. As far as a CB antenna, I use a quick disconnect on mine.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom