Evo 1 vs. Raptor

munstie

Been laughing for a bit on our local club page a guy is saying that he doesn't care what kinda coil overs you put on a jeep they can't take the abuse. and a raptor would smoke it in a desert race. So we linked him to Eddies footage of Evo1 on the shakedown run after the hemi. The dips hit felt the same way. So what do you guys think. Maybe Mel will chime in beings this guy is wanting to challenge anybody in a Jeep.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Last edited:

munstie

We told him there no way they were running 80 plus mph with fox remote resivors over what he was saying they were running over. His response it has high dollar kings.

munstie

Is the raptor stock?

Don't know other than it supposedly has kings on it. But he laid the challenge to line up against anyone in death valley. Not sure if he is talking king shocks or coil overs on the truck.

munstie

It was mostly funny when he said jeeps can't handle the abuse of desert running.

jesse3638

Hooked
I'd love to see that match up. Its so funny watching guys with their Raptors try and drive around Dumont and keep up with the purpose built pre-runners. They haul ass into the woops and soon find out they probably shouldn't have when the front bumper bounces of the ground and sand "splashes" over the hood and windshield like water. Don't get me wrong it would be fun to own and play in but it can't handle the abuse of any desert race.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

firecrew1

haha a raptor vs evo1 :cheesy:

it would be a nice truck to have, but I don't see a raptor getting up backdoor or entering koh anytime soon:naw:

TDIpowered

I feel like of some had as much money into a raptor as evo1 has in it, it would be a good race. I love evo1, that being said if you dropped some serious coin into a raptor the outcome could be pretty knarly.

munstie

I feel like of some had as much money into a raptor as evo1 has in it, it would be a good race. I love evo1, that being said if you dropped some serious coin into a raptor the outcome could be pretty knarly.

According to him all you need are kings.

GCM 2

This is your EVO1 Co-Pilot speaking....

I am not Mel Wade, but I have ridden in EVO1 for many race miles. If you are comparing EVO1 in current form to an off the dealer lot Raptor in a desert race- Well its going to be a good race for sure, but EVO1 WILL take the win. EVO1 has been modified to be more race car than Jeep JK Wrangler Sahara. I am a huge Ford fan, I love Raptors too, but that Raptor is going to need a lot of upgrades in the suspension, axles and A arm department before it can manage the same kind of abuse that EVO1 can sustain over the same distances. Now if you modify the Raptor to the same level as EVO1, well then sure its going to be the equivalent because you just built it to be the equivalent......so then it would really come down to driver abilities, and I know who my money is with again ;)

GCM 2

According to him all you need are kings.

All you need are Kings.......ask if him if he thinks all you need are "off the shelf King shocks". Because I can promise you that is all anyone competitive in any form of desert racing is using, just plain old off the shelf King shock, no custom tuning , no custom valving, no custom spring rates, no custom tune dialed into the bypass tubes. You just buy shocks and go racing, its so easy an untrained monkey can do it. :doh:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
All you need are Kings.......ask if him if he thinks all you need are "off the shelf King shocks". Because I can promise you that is all anyone competitive in any form of desert racing is using, just plain old off the shelf King shock, no custom tuning , no custom valving, no custom spring rates, no custom tune dialed into the bypass tubes. You just buy shocks and go racing, its so easy a untrained monkey can do it. :doh:

Nice! Does monkey pay for said race car? If so I'm in!!

munstie

All you need are Kings.......ask if him if he thinks all you need are "off the shelf King shocks". Because I can promise you that is all anyone competitive in any form of desert racing is using, just plain old off the shelf King shock, no custom tuning , no custom valving, no custom spring rates, no custom tune dialed into the bypass tubes. You just buy shocks and go racing, its so easy an untrained monkey can do it. :doh:

Now your just being critical:D Talking with this guy reminded me of a saying I've heard "You gotta be tough when your dumb". He stated they were running 6' whoops 20' apart at 80 plus mph. I think he is just butthurt, that myself and a handful of others called him out.

Last edited:

mackey

Here is my take. EVO1 competes in the hardest off-road race known to man. Who cares about just a desert race. Let the Raptor try KOH. Id rather have a Jeep that can do it all.

munstie

I am not Mel Wade, but I have ridden in EVO1 for many race miles. If you are comparing EVO1 in current form to an off the dealer lot Raptor in a desert race- Well its going to be a good race for sure, but EVO1 WILL take the win. EVO1 has been modified to be more race car than Jeep JK Wrangler Sahara. I am a huge Ford fan, I love Raptors too, but that Raptor is going to need a lot of upgrades in the suspension, axles and A arm department before it can manage the same kind of abuse that EVO1 can sustain over the same distances. Now if you modify the Raptor to the same level as EVO1, well then sure its going to be the equivalent because you just built it to be the equivalent......so then it would really come down to driver abilities, and I know who my money is with again ;)

I haven't ridden in evo 1 but my kid and me did get our picture taken next to evo1 in a Holiday Inn parking lot. I know I know it would've had to be an express to count:D

Armydog

Here is my take. EVO1 competes in the hardest off-road race known to man. Who cares about just a desert race. Let the Raptor try KOH. Id rather have a Jeep that can do it all.

I'd take both given the choice. Either is a distinctly PURPOSE BUILT vehicle. That is a vehicle built for a specific purpose at which it excels. I will take at least one of each.....

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Top Bottom