Mirror Relocation

So I have been thinking what is the best way to relocate my mirrors to run with the doors off. I am looking for suggestions.

R/
Will

LJ_olllllllo

I'm prob going to buy a circular mirror. And bolt it on to near the A pillar. B/c I don't want to loose the powered / heated mirrors and it's prob cheaper. But I know they make a bracket for the factory mirror to put it on the A pillar.

BlueCopper

Last year i bought the rugged ridge quick disconnect mirrors and they work great. Once you get the brackets bolted on the first time they take less than a minute to put on or take off. Cheap too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Paws

^^^
Yep, hit up PepBoys to get he square mirriors above and find a couple washers and bolt long/small enough to go through the door hinge, and a nut that fits. 20 bucks at most. I coated the chrome with some spray on bed liner.

Beyrgut

I started with the Rugged Ridge Round mirrors but they vibrated too much to see clearly and the passenger one was practically useless. I ended up getting a set of Di-Tech brackets and relpacement mirrors so i dont have ot remove them from the door.

Di-Tech Mirror Brackets

WP_20130908_017-10x5.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I started with the Rugged Ridge Round mirrors but they vibrated too much to see clearly and the passenger one was practically useless. I ended up getting a set of Di-Tech brackets and relpacement mirrors so i dont have ot remove them from the door.

Di-Tech Mirror Brackets

View attachment 73819

I wanted those brackets, but never ordered them, I feel they are the best looking option out there to keep the factory mirrors. I had the rugged ridge as well and hated the vibration and also the wind noise from them .

BlueCopper

Its funny you guys say that. I ran them all last summer and never noticed any vibration or noise. Maybe i just got a good set!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheDuff

I just ordered some rugged ridge quick discos, hope mine work good. Don't think I've ever seen these other bracket before.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

LJ_olllllllo

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394988628.796752.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394988667.413377.jpg I'd say the mirror came out good :) it was the first time with that jeeps doors off!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rick0212

Whistling noise from Rugged Ridge square mirrors

I just installed a set of Rugged Ridge square mirrors. They look fine...but the damn whistling noise drives me nuts. My wife says that I was nuts way before mounting the mirrors. Anyone else have the whistling problem, and any fixes to make it stop?

Thanks...Rick

SDG

Caught the Bug
I just installed a set of Rugged Ridge square mirrors. They look fine...but the damn whistling noise drives me nuts. My wife says that I was nuts way before mounting the mirrors. Anyone else have the whistling problem, and any fixes to make it stop?

Thanks...Rick

I have them and they whistle as well. Not sure if its from the heads of the 3 screws or the lip around the mirror. If you hold your hand a little in front while driving the whistling goes away.

TheStick

Di-Tech Mirror Brackets

View attachment 73819

These are the most custom solution IMHO, and still might end up getting some. But I stuck a Harley mirror on and it has worked well enough to not worry about. Keeps me legal and I can see well enough to be plenty functional.

Abe

For me the Di-tech mirror brackets best way to go honestly
No vibration and keeps the factory look and looks clean no damaged to paint no noises and very easy on and off

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

^ TheStick- here's a closer pic of Harley mirrors and footpegs. Passenger side mirror is usable.
1406658530140.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom