Gas Cap Light - HELP!!!

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know a cure to stop that damn gas cap light from coming on? My gas cap is clean and secure, the O rings seem fine, but every time I start the Jeep the damn light comes on. Has anyone had this happen and how do you make it stop??? :thinking:

Brankz

Does anyone know a cure to stop that damn gas cap light from coming on? My gas cap is clean and secure, the O rings seem fine, but every time I start the Jeep the damn light comes on. Has anyone had this happen and how do you make it stop??? :thinking:

I never had that light, we can trade rigs if you want,

Robar

The Enforcer
If a loose gas cap is the only problem it usually takes a drive or two to reset the light. The gas cap light also warns of other emission problems.

jeepj

I had the same problem and for me it turned out that the plastic string that holds the cap onto the hole was getting caught inside the threads when I was screwing it in. Just made sure to hold the string out when screwing it in and never had the light since

I just recently had this exact issue with my 07. This fix for it was a computer update at the dealership.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom