Lights and Wipers

HOBART

When I dim my head lights on my 2010 Wrangler, the wipers come on even though the wiper switch is in the off position.

You might have a short in the the steering column. Had a similar issue with 95 Ranger. Going down the interstate a 75 mph the wipers would come on in mist mode and then cut out. Turned out to be a sort in the steering column. That is where I would start.

R/
Will

tonytony9

When I dim my head lights on my 2010 Wrangler, the wipers come on even though the wiper switch is in the off position.

It could be a short or some wires touching. I am providing my insight here from working on old BMW's. I have a had a few classic cars sitting in my garage. If your jeep sits in your garage for months, especially in the winter seasons, animals sometimes find their way in. Last time something like this occurred with me I found that two wires had been chewed on, and the result was exposed wiring. They touched and as a result caused the blinkers to go on when you stepped on the breaks. Once again, just my experience with a 76 BMW! Hope I was of some help!

bmwegr

Hi, my 2012 would turn the windshield wipers on while I used my turn signals. Lucky it was still under warranty and the dealer replaced the turn signal/headlight multifunction switch and it resolved the problem. The dealer mentioned they found other tech notes about faulty switches. My understanding is that the column components have remained unchanged or very similar in our JKs. I'd bet the switch is in need of replacement. I'd first ensure you complete some basic troubleshooting, like checking for good connections and wire shorts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom