Trailless Build Thread

trailless

Caught the Bug
So I was never into Jeeps. I've never had a real urge to modify vehicles, even though I've only owned 2 before my Jeep. In January 2014, I bought my first Jeep and I fell in love. I loved the way it drove, the way I didn't have to fear a pothole and the way I felt unstoppable. Still, most of all I fell in love with the way it looks! :rock:

Before I knew it I wanted to mod my Jeep. I wanted 40" tires, beadlocks, stinger, winch and everything else. Whenever I went online to search for parts I felt like a kid again, a kid that just stepped into Toys R Us! I started to price the parts and I realized that this was going to be expensive, really expensive... :sigh:

So for now I've settled on doing smaller mods. I'll wait until I pay the Jeep off, get a house and settle down a bit before I start any big mods. BUT, when the day comes I'm going to do an EVO overhaul!! :D

So here's the Jeep. (still deciding on a name)

T6WbQbp.jpg

EjGyyI4.jpg

lWggHjf.jpg

IZGHd0F.jpg

[Disclaimer] I'm going to use this to track my build thread and it will be a slow one...

Thanks!

Last edited:

trailless

Caught the Bug
My first mod was going to be flat fenders. I bought some stock fenders from CL. I trimmed and painted them. I just never got around to getting some clips and also a bit hesitant on this mod...

So my official first mod is a CB radio. I bought the Cobra 29 LTD chrome and mounted it overhead.

I used 2 insulated 3/8" clamps. Two 3/4" L brackets and some nuts and bolts. I mounted the clamps on the middle footman loop. Then market a spot for a new hole on the mounting bracket that Cobra provided. Then it's pretty straightforward from there.

I used Eddie's guide for most of the wiring. Thanks! The only thing I did different was wire it through the top.

Now I'm just waiting on my cooltech tailgate mount for the 4' Firestik I have in the garage.

VmVI2rI.jpg

pWbaN6S.jpg

E2B4hKa.jpg

Last edited:

hlax2525

Looks great. I'm in a similar boat, I would love to do all the mods, but it's going to be a long build for me as well.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I finally got around to adding some new items.

WAYALIFE banner

1427574211879.jpg

Trucklites

1427574232363.jpg

EVO MFG 1/4 pounder bumper/stinger

1427574249546.jpg

EVO MFG level kit

1427574282201.jpg

1427574311198.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Warebear

Looks great! About the same way I'm going as far as mods. Saving money. I like the cb set up. May have to look into that next.

I'm a big fan of the overhead. Gets it out of the way.

So my official first mod is a CB radio. I bought the Cobra 29 LTD chrome and mounted it overhead.

I used 2 insulated 3/8" clamps. Two 3/4" L brackets and some nuts and bolts. I mounted the clamps on the middle footman loop. Then market a spot for a new hole on the mounting bracket that Cobra provided. Then it's pretty straightforward from there.

I really like that overhead. I dont have a sport cage so ive been thinkin bout a way to mount it. Im guessin the way you did it feels pretty sturdy?

thardy

Banned
I really like that overhead. I dont have a sport cage so ive been thinkin bout a way to mount it. Im guessin the way you did it feels pretty sturdy?

Rugged Ridge makes a mount for like $20. It's what I'm using and works great.

trailless

Caught the Bug

Feels sturdy, doesn't rattle and don't notice any movement while driving. It was under $10 in parts and I can remove it easily whenever I want to. :thumbup:

trailless

Caught the Bug
Forgot to add some others.

EVO MFG protek skids

1427641429508.jpg

Dynomax exhaust

1427641492389.jpg

Spiderweb shade

1427641535760.jpg

BTW with the help of some members on here I was able to get my track bar to line up with the mount....

1427641592711.jpg

1427641637331.jpg

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
This thread is really speaking to me. With my wife and I becoming empty nesters in the next few years, I'm really looking to do some incremental builds to the next Jeep. I know... I haven't bought it yet, but I've owned several off road vehicles, including a CJ I had built years ago, as well as Broncos, Dodge Rams, F-250s and a totally stock Liberty that I've taken off road more than a few times.

I'm looking to buy either a Willys Wheeler or Rubicon. And I'm not going to buy an Unlimited, to keep the shorter wheelbase. I do intend to go off road, but nothing too extreme, unless I can ensure the rig can do it safely.

Last edited:

trailless

Caught the Bug
The steering wheel was slightly off center. I just messed with the drag link for a bit and got it back to center.

It was just slightly off, not enough to mess with the traction control.

Last edited:
Top Bottom