PDA

View Full Version : The building of "StormTrooper"

seanb33
03-18-2014, 07:02 AM
Well as the title states, this is the build thread of my white 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport, StormTrooper. (Yes, i know...not the most original name!) I got the Jeep in March of 2012 and has been a great couple of years, learning and enjoying the Jeep WAYALIFE!

To start, here are a few photos i have of the Jeep Pre mods:
Here is the Jeep in stock form when i first got it

One of the first times being off road in the Jeep, Somewhere in Palm Springs

I did a lot of this when my Jeep was stock and luckily never got stuck. The only casualty was an engine fan clogged with mud

seanb33
03-18-2014, 07:08 AM
First "mods" was the necessary American Flag decals to replace the factory "sport" and "Unlimited" decals

And of course, I Plasti-dip'ed my wheels black

seanb33
03-18-2014, 07:19 AM
After a little over a year of ownership, it was time for the real mods to begin!

-Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex system with Bilstein 5100 shocks
-AFE Y-Pipe to help clear the front driveshaft
-17" Method Race Wheels "Double Standard"
-SuperChips Flashcal to adjust tire size
-35/12.5/r17 BFG KM2's

A couple pictures of the lift install

Here is the finished product of the first round of mods, i ended up going with Toyo Open Country M/T's due to the nation-wide backorder of the BFG KM2's.

Unfortunately i lost many of the install photos but it was a great learning experience for my dad and i to install the lift, and misc. parts!

I got tired of looking at the blank space where the "Rubicon" decal would go if i had one, so i ordered a personal decal

Prime
03-18-2014, 07:58 AM
Looks good!!

BayouJeep
03-18-2014, 11:01 AM
Gorgeous jeep!

JK_Dave
03-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Sean, I did the same thing with the aFe Y-pipe. Since you did a 3.5" lift, make sure you test the droop in the front end now. If your CV joint is maxed out at full droop, you may end up damaging the joint. And since you can't repair them, you may have to replace the shaft with a double cardan shaft. It sucks I know, but you may be able to keep driving it the way it is as long as you're careful about that and inspect it regularly.

I ended up buying a 1350 DS from Reel in the front just to be safe. I can't afford to break it on the trail. You should be okay in the rear for now since it's at a slightly better angle from the transfer case.

Good luck and nice rig brother!

pvanweelden
03-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Looks good Sean! :thumb:

Canvas JK
03-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Looks good Sean. BTW love the name.:thumb:

seanb33
03-18-2014, 02:56 PM
Looks good!!

Gorgeous jeep!

Looks good Sean! :thumb:

Looks good Sean. BTW love the name.:thumb:

Thank you very much! More photos will be posted later to bring the thread up to date. I can't wait until my jeep is "finished"

seanb33
03-18-2014, 03:05 PM
Sean, I did the same thing with the aFe Y-pipe. Since you did a 3.5" lift, make sure you test the droop in the front end now. If your CV joint is maxed out at full droop, you may end up damaging the joint. And since you can't repair them, you may have to replace the shaft with a double cardan shaft. It sucks I know, but you may be able to keep driving it the way it is as long as you're careful about that and inspect it regularly.

I ended up buying a 1350 DS from Reel in the front just to be safe. I can't afford to break it on the trail. You should be okay in the rear for now since it's at a slightly better angle from the transfer case.

Good luck and nice rig brother!

Yea I knew the driveshaft would go bad anyways but it lasted a good amount of time without trouble. But now the boot is torn and it flung Grease all over the undercarriage, I plan to replace it with a 1350 JE reel shaft when I get 37's or if the factory shaft gives out completely. Thanks for the advice and the compliment!

hinrichs
03-18-2014, 03:55 PM
looks good sean, always love those wheels.

seanb33
03-18-2014, 03:57 PM
looks good sean, always love those wheels.

Thank you! I like them too, but of course right after I got them, they came out with a new design that I prefer more. I do plan to get a set of ATX Slabs when I upgrade to 37's and get a new axle under the front end.

VADER JK
03-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Looks good man! Of course I think the name is awesome :thumb:

seanb33
03-18-2014, 04:31 PM
Looks good man! Of course I think the name is awesome :thumb:

Thank you! If I ever own a black jeep, "Vadercon" will be the name

VADER JK
03-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Thank you! If I ever own a black jeep, "Vadercon" will be the name

Lol nice, I've been thinking about it and trying to decide if I want custom hood decals and what to get it to say.

seanb33
03-18-2014, 04:35 PM
Lol nice, I've been thinking about it and trying to decide if I want custom hood decals and what to get it to say.

If you decide on it, check out pixeldecal.com. I got my American flags and hood decal that I will post a picture of later.l from there. They're holding up great after mud and pressure washers, branches, etc

VADER JK
03-18-2014, 04:36 PM
If you decide on it, check out pixeldecal.com. I got my American flags and hood decal that I will post a picture of later.l from there. They're holding up great after mud and pressure washers, branches, etc

Yeah I was actually on there earlier looking at the options. Great decal site for sure.

VADER JK
03-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Not sure if you've seen this or not but thought it looked pretty good, just thought I'd share it.

seanb33
03-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Next round of mods were the following:

-Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers (powder coated black)
-teraflex hinged tire carrier and HD tire mount
-2 gallon rotopax/ hi lift mount
-2 gallon rotopax
-48" Hi lift jack

Not the best photo, but here is a shot of the teraflex mount and rotopax during a little poser shot with my buddy and his 1989 toyota land cruiser

And here is a shot of the Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers

seanb33
03-18-2014, 04:52 PM
Not sure if you've seen this or not but thought it looked pretty good, just thought I'd share it.

Yes, I have seen those before. Is that your jeep?

VADER JK
03-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Yes, I have seen those before. Is that your jeep?

No it's not my jeep, the owner no longer has that decal on their though. My JK is black. I had thought about vadercon before in that font though. Just thought I'd show you since it's stormtrooper.

seanb33
03-18-2014, 05:23 PM
No it's not my jeep, the owner no longer has that decal on their though. My JK is black. I had thought about vadercon before in that font though. Just thought I'd show you since it's stormtrooper.

Gotcha. The jeep looks familiar to me, that's why I ask.

VADER JK
03-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Gotcha. The jeep looks familiar to me, that's why I ask.

On Instagram he goes by stormtrooperjk

seanb33
03-18-2014, 05:29 PM
On Instagram he goes by stormtrooperjk

Yup! That's where I know the jeep from. Thought it was him

Alan30
03-18-2014, 09:16 PM
Any issues with the Y pipe as far as the engine and performance. I've read some people feel to leave it alone do to flow concerns coming of the cylinder heads. The diameter is larger so that should make up for overall flow. Your thoughts:thinking:

seanb33
03-18-2014, 09:25 PM
Next mods were as follows...

I was quite disappointed with the poor quality and lack of piece of mind the Teraflex tire carrier provided me, so i sold that and upgraded to the AEV Tire carrier/ Bumper

Trek Armor Seat covers Front and Rear. Great quality and i am very pleased with them.

Trucklite Headlights and Anti Flicker Harness. These are a HUGE improvement over stock

Received a set of Combat LED WD-02 pushing out 2,800 lumens. Got the pair and amber covers for cheaper than the price of 1 equivalent Rigid light. I used the Poison Spyder A-pillar mounts for the install

Rugged Ridge hood latches to eliminate the annoying and slightly worrisome hood flutter

And a chopped factory front bumper to make more room for the tires under articulation

seanb33
03-18-2014, 09:35 PM
I was sick of looking at the crazy amount of wires cluttering my engine bay from the 2 A-pillar lights so i took it upon myself to make an "s-pod" thanks to the help of the following thread:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?13119-DIY-Spod-Waytekwire&highlight=spod+-waytekwire

Here are the results:

All the parts arrived from waytekwire and Daystar.

Wiring everything up to the fuse/relay box

Wiring from the Battery to the Circuit Breaker and into the Dash thru an opening by the brake pedal

Daystar switch panel and green Daystar switches wired up and installed

seanb33
03-18-2014, 09:41 PM
Finally got myself a WAYALIFE windshield decal

Got a CB from my wonderful girlfriend for Christmas. Cobra 29LX with 3' Firestik Firefly

Installed my Cobra 29LX using the Strike Force Zebra CB mount

seanb33
03-18-2014, 09:54 PM
And last but not least, after a few months with the AEV tire carrier/ bumper, i decided it was time to sell it and purchase what i REALLY wanted

EVO corner armor and tire carrier!!!!

A few days after getting the corner armor and tire carrier installed, my Trek top NX arrived

Another gift from my girlfriend! EVO D-ring mounts, installed one but need to flush mount them still

Made a trip to Walmart and decided to do the Platinum Burner Rock Light mod, very pleased for $18

seanb33
03-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Here are a few photos of the jeep taken throughout its transformation this far

A little adventuring near Cleghorn

Somebody decided to turn into my rear tire while going straight in a turn only lane...People suck! I was left with a couple tiny scuffs that rubbed out and a small dent that the EVO corner armor covered.

Here is a shot of a river crossing while attending the 2014 Kick-Off run! Thanks Eddie!

A little bit of articulation at Wildomar OHV

My first and only time being stuck in mud at Azusa Canyon

Another articulation shot on the frame twister course at Hungry Valley OHV

pvanweelden
03-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Great pics Sean! and at least you finally have the only tire carrier you should ever need now :thumb:

seanb33
03-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Any issues with the Y pipe as far as the engine and performance. I've read some people feel to leave it alone do to flow concerns coming of the cylinder heads. The diameter is larger so that should make up for overall flow. Your thoughts:thinking:

Personally, i do not think it has effected performance at all. From what i understand, the factory Y-pipe and the AFE uses the same length of tubing so it shouldn't effect flow at all. I believe they make a Y-pipe that also removes the exhaust loop and I've heard that will effect performance and flow more than just the Y-pipe relocation. But even if it does effect performance, who cares.... It's a Jeep, not a sports car!

seanb33
03-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Great pics Sean! and at least you finally have the only tire carrier you should ever need now :thumb:

Absolutely! Far more pleased with the EVO carrier and skins than the Teraflex and AEV carriers. I'm not talking bad about the AEV carrier because they make great products and i would highly recommend it! AEV just wasn't for me as it limited fender choice and tire size too much. Teraflex just sucked and it is unlikely that i will buy another Teraflex product unless its something simple like their mud flaps

Nazeron
03-19-2014, 02:30 AM
Absolutely love your jeep!
It's gorgeous!

seanb33
03-19-2014, 02:47 AM
Absolutely love your jeep!
It's gorgeous!

Thank you very much! It has come a long way and still has a ways to go but it's been great

Armydog
03-19-2014, 02:50 AM
Very nice truck, these are not the droids you are looking for...

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

seanb33
03-19-2014, 03:12 AM
Very nice truck, these are not the droids you are looking for...

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Lol! Thank you sir!

seanb33
03-19-2014, 03:19 AM
One more thing i need to install. Waiting on air lines and some free time

ARB twin compressor using the Carolina Metal Masters under seat mount!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/19/benaha5a.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/19/naja7e2u.jpg

HILLZ
03-19-2014, 03:46 AM
Hey man, Rig looks awesome!
can you get a few shots of the twin air setup once you got it installed, same thing i'm thinking of doing and also how much noise it creates in the cab when its running.

don't you think its about time you chopped up those factory flares?? hahaha

seanb33
03-19-2014, 03:48 AM
Hey man, Rig looks awesome!
can you get a few shots of the twin air setup once you got it installed, same thing i'm thinking of doing and also how much noise it creates in the cab when its running.

don't you think its about time you chopped up those factory flares?? hahaha

I will do that! I've had the compressor since Christmas but have yet to install it, I'm really lagging on it. I was going to cut my fenders yesterday but something else got in the way, soon!

HILLZ
03-19-2014, 03:49 AM
I will do that! I've had the compressor since Christmas but have yet to install it, I'm really lagging on it. I was going to cut my fenders yesterday but something else got in the way, soon!

haha thats cool, i still haven't chopped mine either but it is on the to do list.

JKFlyer
03-19-2014, 03:53 AM
Awesome build!!!! Will be watching...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

HILLZ
03-19-2014, 04:09 AM
Awesome build!!!! Will be watching...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

bit of a thread for it below but didn't join Wayalife till after i got it to the current state.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?15667-Work-In-Progress!

seanb33
03-19-2014, 04:17 AM
haha thats cool, i still haven't chopped mine either but it is on the to do list.

Nice jeep! It's on the very long list of things to do

HILLZ
03-19-2014, 05:42 AM

good call with the website, they had a couple i wanted and the others i'm getting custom made. can't wait! :rock:

seanb33
03-19-2014, 05:45 AM
good call with the website, they had a couple i wanted and the others i'm getting custom made. can't wait! :rock:

You won't be disappointed, they're well worth it!

Alan30
03-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Personally, i do not think it has effected performance at all. From what i understand, the factory Y-pipe and the AFE uses the same length of tubing so it shouldn't effect flow at all. I believe they make a Y-pipe that also removes the exhaust loop and I've heard that will effect performance and flow more than just the Y-pipe relocation. But even if it does effect performance, who cares.... It's a Jeep, not a sports car!

I wasn't thinking, the Y pipe isn't part of the loop section. 2 different parts. Thanks:beer:

Tmoore03
03-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Sweet looking Jeep!!

seanb33
03-19-2014, 11:45 PM
Sweet looking Jeep!!

Thank you sir!

HILLZ
03-20-2014, 12:05 AM
Nice jeep! It's on the very long list of things to do

Haha, the list of things left to do isn't to long, it's just expensive. :broke:
fender chop
hood louvre kit
spare set of wheels with 35" muddies on them for wheelin
paint grill black
install some decals
e-lockers front and rear
:rock::rock::rock:

Kenny-g
03-20-2014, 02:11 AM
Sweet! My JK is white and when I was contemplating names, I kept coming back to "storm trooper" and then it hit me...the Lost Yeti! Lol kinda different and weird but meh I have my reasons lol I dig the things you've done so far though! I love PSC armor and sooo want the sliders you have. What're you thinking for front bumper? The EVO 1/4 pounder? Haha check out my build thread if you want (link in my signature). I'm not able to go up more in height but I'm really pretty happy with my mods thus far :)

Keep on keepin on brother...I look forward to more mods in this threads future.

seanb33
03-20-2014, 03:09 AM
Sweet! My JK is white and when I was contemplating names, I kept coming back to "storm trooper" and then it hit me...the Lost Yeti! Lol kinda different and weird but meh I have my reasons lol I dig the things you've done so far though! I love PSC armor and sooo want the sliders you have. What're you thinking for front bumper? The EVO 1/4 pounder? Haha check out my build thread if you want (link in my signature). I'm not able to go up more in height but I'm really pretty happy with my mods thus far :)

Keep on keepin on brother...I look forward to more mods in this threads future.

I have visited your thread many times! Very nice jeep! I would like the evo 1/4 pounder or maybe the psc brawler lite. I may be selling my sliders if you'd be interested and are local!

Kenny-g
03-20-2014, 01:24 PM
I have visited your thread many times! Very nice jeep! I would like the evo 1/4 pounder or maybe the psc brawler lite. I may be selling my sliders if you'd be interested and are local!

Lol I'm out in west texas and have a 2 door so won't work for me lol and I'd say either of those bumper options, whichever is cheaper is what I'd get just cause they're both teriffic products! I'd love to have PSC bfh bumpers and the sliders you have.

seanb33
03-20-2014, 05:13 PM
Lol I'm out in west texas and have a 2 door so won't work for me lol and I'd say either of those bumper options, whichever is cheaper is what I'd get just cause they're both teriffic products! I'd love to have PSC bfh bumpers and the sliders you have.

Yes, poison spyder makes some high quality products. I find them to be a bit more expensive than most but the looks of many of their products set them above the rest. I'm leaning towards the evo 1/4 pounder being that the winch mounts inside instead of on top and I like the stinger look

Kenny-g
03-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Yes, poison spyder makes some high quality products. I find them to be a bit more expensive than most but the looks of many of their products set them above the rest. I'm leaning towards the evo 1/4 pounder being that the winch mounts inside instead of on top and I like the stinger look

I'd go with the 1/4 pounder since you already have the rear tire carrier, I'd be slowly converting everything to EVO lol

seanb33
03-20-2014, 06:25 PM
I'd go with the 1/4 pounder since you already have the rear tire carrier, I'd be slowly converting everything to EVO lol

My thoughts. I plan to get the evo sliders too since they are weld on. The psc weld on sliders weren't available until Long after I got my bolt ons

Kenny-g
03-20-2014, 06:29 PM
My thoughts. I plan to get the evo sliders too since they are weld on. The psc weld on sliders weren't available until Long after I got my bolt ons

Coolio :thumb:

I have to sit on my thumbs for a long time but I will hopefully get new headlights next, then save for a better lift, armor, regear, 37's, etc...

seanb33
03-20-2014, 06:32 PM
Coolio :thumb:

I have to sit on my thumbs for a long time but I will hopefully get new headlights next, then save for a better lift, armor, regear, 37's, etc...

Same here, I'd like to go coilovers but I think I'll end up with evo plush coils for now and a pr 44 with 37's

Kenny-g
03-20-2014, 06:54 PM
Same here, I'd like to go coilovers but I think I'll end up with evo plush coils for now and a pr 44 with 37's

LOL it'll take me over a year I bet to save for 37's, new gears, chromoly drive shafts, 3" Zone Offroad lift, armor, etc that I'd want to do all at around the same time...ain't no way I'll be able to go to coilovers or a front axle swap unless I won the lotto hahaha

seanb33
03-20-2014, 07:35 PM
LOL it'll take me over a year I bet to save for 37's, new gears, chromoly drive shafts, 3" Zone Offroad lift, armor, etc that I'd want to do all at around the same time...ain't no way I'll be able to go to coilovers or a front axle swap unless I won the lotto hahaha

Same situation here! But one can dream right?

Kenny-g
03-20-2014, 08:07 PM
Same situation here! But one can dream right?

Hahaha definitely dreaming right now for me xD

seanb33
03-26-2014, 03:41 AM
Anybody install an ARB twin compressor under the passenger seat of their jk or anywhere else for that matter? I need to find a place to run the wiring and need to get a part list together for the plumbing. I want to run 2 disconnects, one on each side of the jeep, in between the front and rear door. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

Serg5000
03-26-2014, 03:50 AM
Anybody install an ARB twin compressor under the passenger seat of their jk or anywhere else for that matter? I need to find a place to run the wiring and need to get a part list together for the plumbing. I want to run 2 disconnects, one on each side of the jeep, in between the front and rear door. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

There are many threads on this matter. A search would prove very helpful to you.

HILLZ
03-26-2014, 03:56 AM

Thanks,
Sean

i know there is a bracket out there to mount under the seat but not sure on how it performs, i've also seen it mounted above the rear wheel well on the side that has the factory sub-woofer (if you have one) and the power outlet. being near a power source would be handy for hooking the unit up but not sur if the factory wires are big enough to handle the power needs of the compressor.
this is something i'd like to look further into aswell so if you find any good info let me know.. :rock:

seanb33
03-26-2014, 03:56 AM
There are many threads on this matter. A search would prove very helpful to you.

I'll have to search on my computer, my phone wasn't turning up much.

seanb33
03-26-2014, 05:48 AM
i know there is a bracket out there to mount under the seat but not sure on how it performs, i've also seen it mounted above the rear wheel well on the side that has the factory sub-woofer (if you have one) and the power outlet. being near a power source would be handy for hooking the unit up but not sur if the factory wires are big enough to handle the power needs of the compressor.
this is something i'd like to look further into aswell so if you find any good info let me know.. :rock:

Will do, if you go back a few pages you can see the Carolina metal masters bracket I purchased for under the passenger seat. As for in the rear, I do not have a sub nor a power source in the back of my jeep. From what I understand, the closer you mount it to the battery, the better.

Kenny-g
03-26-2014, 04:00 PM
This is my logic, wiring wise. You'd need two switches (I recommend OTRATTW) and quite a bit of wires (probably 16-18 guage). If this wouldn't work, then ignore me completely please hahahaha
You can run the positive off the switches through a small hole on the passenger side of the firewall behind the dash (see other threads for that location...I think the CB wiring thread shows the location for sure but I may be wrong. if you cna't find it, I'll take a pic tonight and show you). The positive can just go to the battery, because it has switches it won't drain the battery all the time. Even with the OTRATTW switches having a small incandecent bulb in them, they don't draw too much power. They also have LED ones that'd draw even less power. The switch is up to you.

If there is error in my logic, someone let me know haha I'm slowly becoming better and better at wiring and this only makes sense to me hahaha

seanb33
03-26-2014, 05:17 PM
This is my logic, wiring wise. You'd need two switches (I recommend OTRATTW) and quite a bit of wires (probably 16-18 guage). If this wouldn't work, then ignore me completely please hahahaha
You can run the positive off the switches through a small hole on the passenger side of the firewall behind the dash (see other threads for that location...I think the CB wiring thread shows the location for sure but I may be wrong. if you cna't find it, I'll take a pic tonight and show you). The positive can just go to the battery, because it has switches it won't drain the battery all the time. Even with the OTRATTW switches having a small incandecent bulb in them, they don't draw too much power. They also have LED ones that'd draw even less power. The switch is up to you.

If there is error in my logic, someone let me know haha I'm slowly becoming better and better at wiring and this only makes sense to me hahaha

Thank you for the help! My main trouble is figuring out where I can run the wiring harness that comes with the compressor. I have a switch location figured out and I have the mount but the plug that ARB uses is at least 2" wide and I can't find anywhere thru the firewall that large.

seanb33
03-26-2014, 05:21 PM
Well, finally ordered my Dynomax evo comp exhaust yesterday, should be here In a few days and installed right after that! It will end up costing me about $170 after the $50 rebate.

Kenny-g
03-26-2014, 06:10 PM
Thank you for the help! My main trouble is figuring out where I can run the wiring harness that comes with the compressor. I have a switch location figured out and I have the mount but the plug that ARB uses is at least 2" wide and I can't find anywhere thru the firewall that large.

On the drivers side theres a hole you can use but idk if theres on on the passenger side, I'd have to look. It'd be behind the glove compartment somewhere. I'll try to remember hahaha

Well, finally ordered my Dynomax evo comp exhaust yesterday, should be here In a few days and installed right after that! It will end up costing me about $170 after the $50 rebate.

Damn that's a good price!

seanb33
03-26-2014, 06:14 PM
On the drivers side theres a hole you can use but idk if theres on on the passenger side, I'd have to look. It'd be behind the glove compartment somewhere. I'll try to remember hahaha

Damn that's a good price!

Drivers side where the clutch pedal would be but it's not nearly big enough. I believe there is an opening behind the battery tray but haven't had an opportunity to look. I'll check it out once I get the air lines and fittings figured out

seanb33
04-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Got the dynomax exhaust yesterday and installed it shortly after. This is the best sounding exhaust I have heard on a jeep! Very pleased http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/6e4ydymy.jpg

Anybody have a fix for this or is this normal? Seems my exhaust hangs lower towards the rear of the jeep http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/yza5aqeb.jpg

seanb33
04-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Also, i have a 20" light bar putting out 10,500 lumens sitting in my garage, should I mount it between my frame rails?http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/u2userav.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/ame7udur.jpg

HILLZ
04-02-2014, 12:14 AM
Also, i have a 20" light bar putting out 10,500 lumens sitting in my garage, should I mount it between my frame rails?http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/u2userav.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/ame7udur.jpg

why not mount it to the bottom tube of the tyre carrier for something a bit different?

seanb33
04-02-2014, 12:15 AM
That's a possibility, thought the frame rail would be good to keep it protected and slightly more hidden from thieves. If I could sell this bar, id just do they typical 4 led pods like everybody else but nobody wants it

HILLZ
04-02-2014, 12:23 AM
That's a possibility, thought the frame rail would be good to keep it protected and slightly more hidden from thieves. If I could sell this bar, id just do they typical 4 led pods like everybody else but nobody wants it

put the 20" on ya front bar and then get some of the 4 LED ones for the back

Beyrgut
04-02-2014, 02:01 AM
My enforcer doens't droop down like that. Did you grind down the lip on the corner of the skid plate where the rear hanger mounts? I even had to notch a section out of the corner there to prevent rub.

See Step 9 of Eddies write up (http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?1644-DynoMax-2012-Up-JK-Evolution-Competition-Exhaust-System-Installation-Write-Up)

seanb33
04-02-2014, 02:05 AM
My enforcer doens't droop down like that. Did you grind down the lip on the corner of the skid plate where the rear hanger mounts? I even had to notch a section out of the corner there to prevent rub.

See Step 9 of Eddies write up (http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?1644-DynoMax-2012-Up-JK-Evolution-Competition-Exhaust-System-Installation-Write-Up)

Yes, I did grind off the edge of the evap skid. And cut 2.5" off the pipe as recommended

Beyrgut
04-02-2014, 02:26 AM
Well since you cut the 2.5 off check to make sure the front isn't rubbing on the cross member above it, I had that issue. There is no need to cut it for the 4 doors. I think I have pics of mine on the writeup thread showing how close it was, I ended up buying a new intermediate pipe and leaving it at length.

From your pic it looks like the rubber hanger is more vertical than horizontal in the rear. It should look similar to pic/step 19 in the writeup, it may just hard to tell from your photo.

cozdude
04-02-2014, 02:29 AM
Yea you only needed to cut 2.5" off if you had a 2 door. Since you have a 4 it isn't needed. Maybe this is your issue as to why it hangs down

Sent from my iPhone

seanb33
04-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Yea you only needed to cut 2.5" off if you had a 2 door. Since you have a 4 it isn't needed. Maybe this is your issue as to why it hangs down

Sent from my iPhone

Apparently the directions needed to be a bit more clear. If I did not cut 2.5" the rear hanger would not line up at all

MTG
04-02-2014, 02:49 AM
Mine hangs down a bit too. Well at least it did until I smashed it flat. :yup:

Kenny-g
04-02-2014, 03:02 AM
Seanb33; just use the 20"er on the front bumper and buy some pods for the rear. Even knockoff ones work terrific, Lord knows there's a plethora of them on the market these days.

seanb33
04-02-2014, 03:13 AM
Seanb33; just use the 20"er on the front bumper and buy some pods for the rear. Even knockoff ones work terrific, Lord knows there's a plethora of them on the market these days.

I have pods attached to my a pillar that I was thinking about relocating to the rear if I decide to mount the 20" on my bumper. We'll see though

Strike Force Zebra
04-02-2014, 03:22 AM
MORE has an under the hood mount for the double compressor. 76902

seanb33
04-02-2014, 03:29 AM
MORE has an under the hood mount for the double compressor. 76902

I've seen that, just wasn't sure who made it, thanks! I decided to mount mine under the passenger seat to keep it cooler and clean

Strike Force Zebra
04-02-2014, 03:33 AM
I've seen that, just wasn't sure who made it, thanks! I decided to mount mine under the passenger seat to keep it cooler and clean

Yep, sounds good to me!

HILLZ
04-02-2014, 03:37 AM
Whats the compressor been like in the way of noise in the cab when using?
i know that it wouldn't bother you as your not in the cab when airing up but what about with passengers? :thinking:

seanb33
04-02-2014, 04:14 AM
Whats the compressor been like in the way of noise in the cab when using?
i know that it wouldn't bother you as your not in the cab when airing up but what about with passengers? :thinking:

It's not installed yet, but I hope to knock it out this weekend. I'm not too concerned with noise as, like you mentioned, I will more than likely be out of the jeep when airing up at the end of the day. When I upgrade to some ARB air lockers, I will probably purchase a single compressor to run the lockers if it ends up being too loud in the cab with the dual compressor

seanb33
04-02-2014, 04:16 AM
For those of you running the 4 LED pods like the rigid industries as back up lights on the rear frame rail, what pattern did you choose? I'm torn between diffused and flood pattern

HILLZ
04-02-2014, 04:20 AM
For those of you running the 4 LED pods like the rigid industries as back up lights on the rear frame rail, what pattern did you choose? I'm torn between diffused and flood pattern

this would depend on want you want in the way of light and over what area, diffused will work well for lighting up the immediate area behind you and flood will give good clear light with plenty of width and a bit more distance.
hope that helps

seanb33
04-02-2014, 04:24 AM
this would depend on want you want in the way of light and over what area, diffused will work well for lighting up the immediate area behind you and flood will give good clear light with plenty of width and a bit more distance.
hope that helps

That does help. if it were you, which would you prefer? I plan to use them as reverse lights and to show my position to people following behind in dusty areas

HILLZ
04-02-2014, 04:26 AM
That does help. if it were you, which would you prefer? I plan to use them as reverse lights and to show my position to people following behind in dusty areas

ummmm maybe the diffused, hopefully someone else will chime in that has some pro's and con's for each setup

seanb33
04-02-2014, 04:30 AM
ummmm maybe the diffused, hopefully someone else will chime in that has some pro's and con's for each setup

I see many including Eddie running what looks like flood. Thank you for the help, I will wait for others opinion as well

HILLZ
04-02-2014, 04:32 AM
I see many including Eddie running what looks like flood. Thank you for the help, I will wait for others opinion as well

was gonna say see what Eddie reckons he seems to know a little about alot of stuff or was it alot about a little stuff :thinking: :cheesy:

seanb33
04-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Got an antennax offroad 13" antenna off of amazon the other day. Showed up and installed it. Cheap mod but looks great IMO http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/04/6ehy4e5u.jpg

hinrichs
04-03-2014, 09:40 PM
I am running floods out back, just need to take the time to adjust them, right now they are aimed down and out which works but think I could do better. I mounted myne on the carrier tho not the frame rail.

seanb33
04-03-2014, 09:47 PM
I am running floods out back, just need to take the time to adjust them, right now they are aimed down and out which works but think I could do better. I mounted myne on the carrier tho not the frame rail.

So you would say floods are the way to go? Are they too bright for back up lights in that they will blind somebody if I'm using them or if aimed properly, they'll be good? I really plan to use them as a point of reference in dusty conditions but will need reverse lights as well

hlax2525
04-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Got an antennax offroad 13" antenna off of amazon the other day. Showed up and installed it. Cheap mod but looks great IMO http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/04/6ehy4e5u.jpg

I've got one of these too. They're awesome, no flapping like the factory one

seanb33
04-03-2014, 10:18 PM
I've got one of these too. They're awesome, no flapping like the factory one

Pleased with it already! Looks great and the radio sounds better to me

seanb33
04-04-2014, 04:01 AM
Received my 3/4" warn D-ring that was also ordered off amazon. They only had one in stock at the time so I will have to purchase another when the time comes. What's everybody using to keep the d ring from moving side to side in the hole?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/04/ebusy6et.jpg

Beyrgut
04-04-2014, 04:20 AM
As funny as the name is, ball cock washers.

seanb33
04-04-2014, 04:37 AM

Hmm... That will be an interesting conversation at Home Depot! Will that be 2 ball cock washers per d ring?

hinrichs
04-04-2014, 02:27 PM
So you would say floods are the way to go? Are they too bright for back up lights in that they will blind somebody if I'm using them or if aimed properly, they'll be good? I really plan to use them as a point of reference in dusty conditions but will need reverse lights as well I would say so. How I have my set angled I don't think they would blind anyone but I may be wrong. I think I have a pic of them on my phone. I had the same plan for you and also already had the lights up on my hood where the flood was kind of pointless.
Hmm... That will be an interesting conversation at Home Depot! Will that be 2 ball cock washers per d ring? correct 2 per ring, I tried to grab some where I work, but sadly we stock just about everything but those. Funnier slang name for one thing we stock here is a "cock hole cover"

seanb33
04-04-2014, 03:09 PM
I would say so. How I have my set angled I don't think they would blind anyone but I may be wrong. I think I have a pic of them on my phone. I had the same plan for you and also already had the lights up on my hood where the flood was kind of pointless. correct 2 per ring, I tried to grab some where I work, but sadly we stock just about everything but those. Funnier slang name for one thing we stock here is a "cock hole cover"

Cool, thanks for the help! I have driving beam pods on my A-pillar, will those be better for the reverse lights and I can place a couple of spot patterns on the A-pillar?

hinrichs
04-04-2014, 03:32 PM
ill try and take some pics tonight for you if it doesn't start raining again and I can maybe try and adjust these lights better so you can see how they look.

seanb33
04-04-2014, 03:47 PM
ill try and take some pics tonight for you if it doesn't start raining again and I can maybe try and adjust these lights better so you can see how they look.

That would be great! Thank you very much sir!

hinrichs
04-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Didn't change how I aimed them yet, but here you go.

seanb33
04-05-2014, 12:37 AM
Those seem to work well but not blinding at all! Thank you very much for the pictures. I may move my driving pattern lights to the rear and find some spots for my windshield. I think that'll work better. Thank you for your help

seanb33
04-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Chopping up the frame a little bit to flush mount the EVO d-ring mounts http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/06/y3egudun.jpg

All welded and cleaned up
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/06/ypygasu8.jpg

And the finished product http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/06/tave2ate.jpg

Kenny-g
04-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Damn thats a clean job right there. Nice work man!

cozdude
04-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Looks good Sean! Did you have to cut away at the welds at all? I know all the frames are a little different but still curious.

Sent from my iPhone

seanb33
04-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Damn thats a clean job right there. Nice work man!
Thank you very much!

Looks good Sean! Did you have to cut away at the welds at all? I know all the frames are a little different but still curious.

Sent from my iPhone
For mine, the welds were completely gone after the cut. It got re welded and ground smooth to keep it looking clean

seanb33
04-10-2014, 12:58 AM

Do you have an idea where I can get these on the cheap? I went to Home Depot but they only sell them with toilet parts included. Amazon isn't coming up with much either.

Thanks,
Sean

seanb33
04-10-2014, 01:02 AM
With a big thanks to Irishjk, I got myself a barely used rubicon 44 to build and run 37's with I know most on the forum will advice against this approach but I admittedly don't wheel as hard as most and don't think I'll need a prorock. But if the time comes, I will just transfer over the internals into a prorock housing. Quick question: will the 35 spline ARB locker work with a rubicon44 and a prorock housing? I'd assume they're the same size but just want to make sure. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/10/uhetyrem.jpg

MTG
04-10-2014, 01:11 AM
With a big thanks to Irishjk, I got myself a barely used rubicon 44 to build and run 37's with I know most on the forum will advice against this approach but I admittedly don't wheel as hard as most and don't think I'll need a prorock.

Nice pick up. :thumb: FYI--your Dana 44 axle will not spontaneously explode when you install 37s. ;)

seanb33
04-10-2014, 01:27 AM
Nice pick up. :thumb: FYI--your Dana 44 axle will not spontaneously explode when you install 37s. ;)

I sure hope not! With the help of a friend of my dad's, the welding costs will be low and should save me quite a bit of money at the end of the day. Can't wait till my 35" toyos wear down

Kenny-g
04-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Dude, you don't even know how Jelly I am right now... :grayno:

LOL but seriously, I really want a D44 for the front :( I think if you trussed, gusseted, and armored it up it'd take quite the beating even with 37s...maybe sleeve it just to be extra procautionary. If anything, just look for hte lightest 37s you can find :cheesy:

seanb33
04-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Dude, you don't even know how Jelly I am right now... :grayno:

LOL but seriously, I really want a D44 for the front :( I think if you trussed, gusseted, and armored it up it'd take quite the beating even with 37s...maybe sleeve it just to be extra procautionary. If anything, just look for hte lightest 37s you can find :cheesy:

The plan is as follows:

-35 spline ARB locker (maybe)
-35 spline chromo shafts
-artec armor (truss, lca skids, track bar mount, c-gussets)
-nitro sleeves
-synergy ball joints
-5.13 gears
-Reid knuckles (maybe)

Kenny-g
04-11-2014, 07:38 PM
The plan is as follows:

-35 spline ARB locker (maybe)
-35 spline chromo shafts
-artec armor (truss, lca skids, track bar mount, c-gussets)
-nitro sleeves
-synergy ball joints
-5.13 gears
-Reid knuckles (maybe)

I don't think you should have any problems with this set up :thumb:

pvanweelden
04-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Nice score on the 44 Sean! :thumb:

seanb33
04-17-2014, 07:33 AM
Nice score on the 44 Sean! :thumb:

Yes sir! I just wish I could start the build already!

seanb33
05-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Well, went to corral canyon yesterday and ran sidewinder. Planned to run a few more trails but i was sick since the morning and got progressively worse as the day went on. Jeep performed great and had no issues crawling up anything at 12psi in 4lowhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/05/dy7ymutu.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/05/mage3u4u.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/05/yqu4ehuh.jpg
And a few shots of the damage of the day, worst being the tire carrier. I came off a rock and landed on the driver side lower carrier mount
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/05/y2eru6ab.jpg
at least it doesn't rattle anymore!

Quick fix, torched it, hammered it, and bent it back in place...sort of... Then shot it with some rustoleum bed liner
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/05/ujaqe7u3.jpg

seanb33
05-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Got my artec truss and nitro sleeves from rebel off road and decided to piece it together to get a look at it http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/12/2ape8epu.jpg

Nitro sleeve going in on the short side of the axle. Does anybody know how much the sleeve is supposed to stick out after being hammered in? http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/12/3adyguru.jpg

10frank9
05-12-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be flush.

StrizzyChris
05-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Does anybody know how much the sleeve is supposed to stick out after being hammered in? http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/12/3adyguru.jpg

That's perfect just like that ;)

seanb33
05-12-2014, 03:51 PM
That's perfect just like that ;)

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be flush.

This is where it currently sits
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/12/agazuvyd.jpg

seanb33
05-14-2014, 03:02 PM
Got a few things done yesterday:

Mounted my rigid D2 hyperspot from northridge on my windshield http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/14/4ypeje2a.jpg

Took my previous windshield lights (combat led driving pattern) on my rear frame rail
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/14/ze7ypabu.jpg

And here are a few shots of them at work
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/14/a7aqu7ez.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/14/aze2age6.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/14/e5uzapet.jpg

Kenny-g
05-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Sweet man, I love all the lights I have on my rig. Makes for night driving on lonely highways much safer in my opinion. Plus when dickbags flash their lights at me when I only have my low beams on I can flash a pair of LEDs and warn em more's a-comin' if they do that again! Lmao

seanb33
05-14-2014, 03:24 PM
Sweet man, I love all the lights I have on my rig. Makes for night driving on lonely highways much safer in my opinion. Plus when dickbags flash their lights at me when I only have my low beams on I can flash a pair of LEDs and warn em more's a-comin' if they do that again! Lmao

Yes, lights are by far one of my favorite mod to date. I try not to blast people with lights unless they really deserve it but most people do around Orange County

Kenny-g
05-15-2014, 01:51 AM
Yes, lights are by far one of my favorite mod to date. I try not to blast people with lights unless they really deserve it but most people do around Orange County

Oh trust me, the people I flash/damn near blind deserve it. I like to think I'm not an asshole but piss me off and see how quickly the switch flips lol

DA RUNT
05-15-2014, 02:23 AM
Just looked through your entire build, looks great. Really like the way it's coming along :2thumbsup:

seanb33
05-15-2014, 05:27 AM
Just looked through your entire build, looks great. Really like the way it's coming along :2thumbsup:

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Its definitely got a long way to go but has also come a long way from a stock sport model.

TNuggs13
05-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Got a few things done yesterday:

Mounted my rigid D2 hyperspot from northridge on my windshield http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/14/4ypeje2a.jpg

Took my previous windshield lights (combat led driving pattern) on my rear frame rail
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/14/ze7ypabu.jpg

And here are a few shots of them at work
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/14/a7aqu7ez.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/14/aze2age6.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/14/e5uzapet.jpg

Turned out awesome!

seanb33
05-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Turned out awesome!

Thank you sir! Nice and bright!

OverlanderJK
05-31-2014, 10:31 PM
Wanna sell your tire carrier? No interested in the skins but I'll take the carrier if we can make a deal.

seanb33
05-31-2014, 10:44 PM
Wanna sell your tire carrier? No interested in the skins but I'll take the carrier if we can make a deal.

Unlikely. I'm considering selling the entire jeep and starting fresh with a rubicon but that's also unlikely. I'll let you know though! Your stock carrier finally ruin your tailgate I saw?

OverlanderJK
05-31-2014, 10:46 PM
Unlikely. I'm considering selling the entire jeep and starting fresh with a rubicon but that's also unlikely. I'll let you know though! Your stock carrier finally ruin your tailgate I saw?

Not completely. But saw it was for sale and figured you might want some of your money back for the carrier.

seanb33
06-01-2014, 06:18 AM
Not completely. But saw it was for sale and figured you might want some of your money back for the carrier.

I'll let you know, still not entirely sure if I'll make the switch to a rubicon. Depends what I can get for my jeep private party

seanb33
07-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Well.. Time for a little update.
Had a blast at Big Bear Forest Fest, can't wait for next year!

I traded my white Jeep in and downsized but not for long
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/13/ysy2u7yj.jpg

JeepKing
07-18-2014, 01:27 AM
Looking good bro:thumb:

JKBlackie
07-18-2014, 01:55 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/13/ysy2u7yj.jpg

Well that happened fast! I stinking LOVE Anvil! I can't wait to see where that one goes!

noroad
07-18-2014, 02:14 AM
sweet, any idea on what you wana do to this one??

wayoflife
07-18-2014, 02:21 AM

Nice, I love the Anvil for sure. I also saw what you had originally posted but then edited it out. I sincerely like you and would like to keep it that way - please don't play games with me.

cozdude
07-18-2014, 04:05 AM
Nice, I love the Anvil for sure. I also saw what you had originally posted but then edited it out. I sincerely like you and would like to keep it that way - please don't play games with me.

The way you phrased that doesn't sound good :nah: makes me wonder what he wrote now :thinking:

hunterbilt
07-19-2014, 02:05 AM
love the color!

tyscty
08-16-2014, 03:27 PM
I ran mine under the seat with the CMM bracket and plumbed the air hose connecter over to the driver side and then out to the front of the jeep. No issues... Until my son filled up four jeeps in a row at a Jeep Jamboree this year at Canyon De Chelly in AZ and the heat expanded so much that it shot the air hose off. I was able to shove the O/D of the good hose into the I/D of the bad hose.

I ended up using a brass hose and compression fitting at right from the compressor to the right leg of the front seat. Drilled a hole and put a quick disconnect there. No issues since. Plus you don't have to worry about heat expanding your hose.

The only thing that sucks putting your compressor there is running the power cables. I had to pull the battery tray to plumb the wires through the passenger firewall.