Shock extensions and sway bar links

Fragsrus

For shock extensions and sway bar links, are there any suggested brands? Or are they all pretty much the same?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Shock extensions are pretty much shock extensions. Different brands have different ways of making them work but they all pretty much do the same. Links are a different story. You should decided how long you need them to be or get adjustable ones and, if you don't have an e-disco, you might want to look at a set of quick disconnects like what JKS makes.

Fragsrus

Shock extensions are pretty much shock extensions. Different brands have different ways of making them work but they all pretty much do the same. Links are a different story. You should decided how long you need them to be or get adjustable ones and, if you don't have an e-disco, you might want to look at a set of quick disconnects like what JKS makes.

I have a JKUR and love the e-discos. I am needing about 2.5-3" extension. I know with some of the components, like CAs, it's all about the joint, so I wasn't sure if there was a particular brand/design that was better for the links. I have read and been told that I can just pick up stock rear links to put on the front, but I am not sure if it wouldn't be better, in the long run, to just pick up extended links all around.

If it helps, I am trying to decide between picking up a Rancho 3" Sport kit and piecing together a kit myself since I have a buddy offering me his practicaly new stock Rubi coils/shocks for $300. You may have noticed me post a pic of my extremely sagging coils in another thread you've comented in. I already have coil spacers and bumpstop extensions. I measured the bumpstop extensions at 2", but the coil spacers appear to be 3". I say "appear to be" because the previous owner may have left the rubber isolator on top of the spacer, rather than on top of the springs. All I know for sure is the isolators are nowhere to be found, but I haven't tried removing the springs to find out either. This leaves me with extending the shocks, links, and possibly picking up a trackbar to finish out the kit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the amount of lift you will have and the fact that you have a Rubicon, I would just move your rear links up front and install new longer links in the rear. I run this setup now on my 2012 and have done so in the past with my other JK's too. So long as your front shocks aren't so long that you will over extend your front links, the factory rears will be fine.

JKbrick

If you need them I have a set of Synergy front shock extensions I don't need since my wife got me new shocks. You can PM me if interested. I don't have rear ones because I put EVO rock star skids on the back

Fragsrus

Oh, wow. Those are quite a bit different that what I was looking at. Those seems a whole lot better than these things: shock extensions.jpg

Top Bottom