How do you stash you supplies!!

noroad

Ok so i keep my spare tire in the the back of my jeep laying down. I was thinking of making a table to place over it to get my storage space back, was looking for ideas of ways to make them and strap things down to the table. thanks guys!

jeff_in_rc

Well once the tire is secure then you need a way to secure the table to the tire, maybe use the footman loops and a ratchet strap to do it all, table and tire. Then get some additional footman loops and secure your supplies to the table, using a ratcher strap or bungie cords. Just throwing out some quick ideas.

noroad

Well once the tire is secure then you need a way to secure the table to the tire, maybe use the footman loops and a ratchet strap to do it all, table and tire. Then get some additional footman loops and secure your supplies to the table, using a ratcher strap or bungie cords. Just throwing out some quick ideas.

I was thinking a wing nut to a very large bolt secured to the rim of the tire for holding the table to the tire as the tire is secured pretty good with the ratchet straps, also alowing quick removel of the table. but how are people keeping a tool set or tool box or cooler straped to the table besides bungies!

Why not build a platform with a roll out drawer that will sit below your spare tire. That way you would not have to completely unload your jeep to change your tire. Also you will be able to put tie down rings on the drawer cover to secure your tire.

R/
Will

I was thinking a wing nut to a very large bolt secured to the rim of the tire for holding the table to the tire as the tire is secured pretty good with the ratchet straps, also alowing quick removel of the table. but how are people keeping a tool set or tool box or cooler straped to the table besides bungies!

Wratchet straps.

noroad

Why not build a platform with a roll out drawer that will sit below your spare tire. That way you would not have to completely unload your jeep to change your tire. Also you will be able to put tie down rings on the drawer cover to secure your tire.

R/
Will

I thought about that but for everyday use i need the top more then the bottom as i drive a ton and have big ticket items like ski's and cooler which i think would be better located on top also suit cases fit better and such on top!

I thought about that but for everyday use i need the top more then the bottom as i drive a ton and have big ticket items like ski's and cooler which i think would be better located on top also suit cases fit better and such on top!

Build a table attached to the box that allows for you to put the spare in and you have both problems solved. Put tie down rings on the table to secure items you do not want hitting you in the back of the head when suddenly stopping.

jeeeep

Hooked
do a search on JK rear storage racks, several manufacturers and good ideas on what others have done....If you're going to keep you spare as a permanent fixture in the back, I'd make a platform with heavy duty slide rails to make it easier to get out when needed - look at ARB and the decks they use for their fridge :beer:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I made a deck out of 3/4" plywood. It's carpeted and matches the interior perfectly. Cost about $80 for everything and a couple hours to build.

MTG

Caught the Bug
It is on the list just a little ways down as i am saving for a PR44 gears and a rear locker so a 1000 tire carrier is a little low on the list lol!

Understood. Didn't know if there was a reason you wanted inside, especially on a 2 door. Contrary to popular belief, your tailgate will not fall off while running a large tire on the factory carrier. You could aways throw it back on there when you know you're going to need some extra room. :thumb:

noroad

Understood. Didn't know if there was a reason you wanted inside, especially on a 2 door. Contrary to popular belief, your tailgate will not fall off while running a large tire on the factory carrier. You could aways throw it back on there when you know you're going to need some extra room. :thumb:

Yaa im just delaying the tire carrier for a little bit lol. As for the tail gate idk thats a ton of weight for that plastic thing.

I've run a 35 for years on the stock tire carrier... No problems!!! I know there a few threads about the strength. It's not plastic. I know Mel is running a 37 on a stock carrier( or was). Shouldn't be an issue for awhile...

Last edited:
Top Bottom