[Please Help!!] Soft Top Purchase - What Do I Need

tonytony9

Dear Forums,

I found a great deal on a Soft top for my 08 Wrangler Unlimited. The listing claims that it includes everything except some "screws". I have been in contact with him; at this point he has given me a rough idea of what screws I would have to buy. He has listed that I will for sure be needing to purchase: 4 x MOPAR Door Frame Pin (not too bad in price) 2 x MOPAR Shoulder Screw (very cheap) and 8 x MOPAR Door Frame Pin. However, like he stated, it was a rough idea. He says that he has the oem 2009 canvas, new back window, and two sets of oem side windows. The pictures seem like it has the flexible frame, the secure tie down thing in the front, the door surroundings, ?Back Window Surrounding?. Can anyone help me narrow down my search here on what additional things I would have to purchase to have this thing fully working on my 08!

Sorry for the kinda confusing and messy post! Need to get this information soon because I am in dire need of a soft top!

Thank you,
Tony

suicideking

I found this diagram, should help.

If not, do a google search for 'jk soft top parts list' and you should find plenty of info.

Attachments

• softtop.gif
    softtop.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 83

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I think the only screws I have for my '12 soft top are the six for the surrounds and the four that hold the frame of the top to the roll bar in the rear cargo area. :idontknow:

tonytony9

I think the only screws I have for my '12 soft top are the six for the surrounds and the four that hold the frame of the top to the roll bar in the rear cargo area. :idontknow:

Thanks for the info.

I just hope if I purchase this I don't find out I am gonna have to drop another couple hundred on parts. Based on what I listed the remaining parts shouldn't be too much right?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mgmavant

Was this top ever on a Jeep? It sounds like he just has the canvas and windows which aren't attached to the frame. If you haven't already, be sure the frame is included. When I got my soft top from the dealer as an add-on it came in two boxes with all the parts not put together. It was a real PITA to put together especially attaching the canvas to the frame and the front surround piece. I spent about a day figuring it out - not impossible but took a lot of time - and cursing - to get it right.

Sent from my MB886 using WAYALIFE mobile app

tonytony9

Was this top ever on a Jeep? It sounds like he just has the canvas and windows which aren't attached to the frame. If you haven't already, be sure the frame is included. When I got my soft top from the dealer as an add-on it came in two boxes with all the parts not put together. It was a real PITA to put together especially attaching the canvas to the frame and the front surround piece. I spent about a day figuring it out - not impossible but took a lot of time - and cursing - to get it right.

Sent from my MB886 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes it is completely attached to the frame: Door surroundings, back window surrounding, frame, canvas, front attach piece, two sets of windows, I might be forgetting some stuff. I am just trying to figure exactly what is missing. Anything you know of?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
There should be two small plastic pieces that go to the sides of the top of the tailgate that lock the bottom of the rear window in place. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395456981.035664.jpg

Top Bottom