Drive shaft joint leak

Lorenzo

I just crawled user my jeep and saw it was leaking oil. I only have 2.5 inch lift. My guess is that my front drive shaft is going bad. I have a 2013 2 door automatic if that helps. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you mean that grease is spitting out from the CV boot at the output shaft, yes, your time is almost up and you will need to be replacing it soon.... very soon.

IMG_1933.jpg

2trackin

I don't know if warranty would cover such a thing. Being that there are a lot of Aev lifted Jeeps sold at the dealers with 2.5" lift. But if not and you don't want to upgrade yet. I have the stocker from my 2014 with about 450 miles on it before my lift went on. Not sure where your located but we could probably work out a good deal in your favor for it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lorenzo

I don't know if warranty would cover such a thing. Being that there are a lot of Aev lifted Jeeps sold at the dealers with 2.5" lift. But if not and you don't want to upgrade yet. I have the stocker from my 2014 with about 450 miles on it before my lift went on. Not sure where your located but we could probably work out a good deal in your favor for it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm good friends with the owner of the dealership. So I'm prolly just gonna take it up to there tomorrow. If it's covered under warranty I'll have them replace it until I get a chance to order new ones

jeeeep

Hooked
yep front pinion seal, they aren't hard to replace.

if you take it to a shop, around here it was about $100 to get it done (included seal)

Top Bottom