Rancho RS7000MT

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I have made the decision to replace my crappy Rough Country shocks with Rancho RS7000MTs. Where is the best place to buy them as far as price? I didn't see them on Northridge4X4's website. If they do in fact have them, I would definitely purchase from them. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it :thumb:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
pretty sure quadratec has them. i think if you go on ranchos webiste they will show you a list of dealers in/around your area as well.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the quick replies, would love to support the advertisers of the forum, but in this case I'm not sure if I'll be able to. Slowly but surely I'll be swapping all of the Rough Country parts out for bigger and better upgrades. Figure I'd start with the shocks because they definitely live up to their name, 'Rough' Country.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the quick replies, would love to support the advertisers of the forum, but in this case I'm not sure if I'll be able to. Slowly but surely I'll be swapping all of the Rough Country parts out for bigger and better upgrades. Figure I'd start with the shocks because they definitely live up to their name, 'Rough' Country.

Well, in a way, you still are being that Rancho is an advertiser here and you would be supporting them :D

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Well, in a way, you still are being that Rancho is an advertiser here and you would be supporting them :D

Yep! Didn't think of that! Just wish I could get them through Northridge, cuz then I could take advantage of the Wayalife discount :D but oh well. I'll be in the market for a front JE Reel 1350 soon and I'll definitely be ordering from them. Found the 7000MTs through a wholesaler that we get parts through here at the shop for $58.99 each plus freight, probably get them from them. Thanks for the info gentleman! :thumb:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Yep! Didn't think of that! Just wish I could get them through Northridge, cuz then I could take advantage of the Wayalife discount :D but oh well. I'll be in the market for a front JE Reel 1350 soon and I'll definitely be ordering from them. Found the 7000MTs through a wholesaler that we get parts through here at the shop for $58.99 each plus freight, probably get them from them. Thanks for the info gentleman! :thumb:

Solid pricing on those shocks! Don't forget about the mail-in rebate.

http://www.gorancho.com/promotions.php

Rancho

Caught the Bug
All the more reason to go with Ranchos :) Is it recommended to use the dust boots on them? I've heard of them holding dirt and moisture. How do most people run them?

The age old question! :icon_crazy: We include them for a reason:
Pros Keep the shock rod protected from road debris
Cons Muck and gunk can get in there with the boots on and cause nicks to the shock rod that can lead to premature wear.

I personally run them. I don't zip tie them I let them kind of "dangle" there. Hangs a little low, but I will survive.

:beer:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
The age old question! :icon_crazy: We include them for a reason:
Pros Keep the shock rod protected from road debris
Cons Muck and gunk can get in there with the boots on and cause nicks to the shock rod that can lead to premature wear.

I personally run them. I don't zip tie them I let them kind of "dangle" there. Hangs a little low, but I will survive.

:beer:

Figured it was a question often asked ;) I ran them on the 5000s I had on my Z71, but didn't zip tie them either. Are the mount types the same as stock on the 7330 and 7331? The pictures on the web show a different mount type than stock? Unless those are just generic photos. I know that shocks like the Kings come with adapter brackets. Basically making the shocks universal.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Yeah the shocks are JK mounting specific so no need to press in/out anything.
Correct on the "stock" photo too.
Thanks

Figured it was a question often asked ;) I ran them on the 5000s I had on my Z71, but didn't zip tie them either. Are the mount types the same as stock on the 7330 and 7331? The pictures on the web show a different mount type than stock? Unless those are just generic photos. I know that shocks like the Kings come with adapter brackets. Basically making the shocks universal.

Top Bottom