Jeep Switches/ Electrical

leximann

Okay, so I just got some cool LED waterproof interior lights to mount under my dash (if all works out I will be installing under seats for back lighting) and it came with installation instructions, but being a JK owner, I would like to somehow wire it so I can turn them on/off using the panel of switches (where my hazards are) if this is possibile, how would I go about doing it? Thanks!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Might be easier to install a lower dash panel with switches. I used a daystar panel and switches. At least that's what I did.

Okay, so I just got some cool LED waterproof interior lights to mount under my dash (if all works out I will be installing under seats for back lighting) and it came with installation instructions, but being a JK owner, I would like to somehow wire it so I can turn them on/off using the panel of switches (where my hazards are) if this is possibile, how would I go about doing it? Thanks!

That panel will be slightly difficult to wire into. I just had my lower console apart and there is a cover plate with a single electrical connector. I did not ventrue to see what it looked like under the cover page. I used Pvanwheelden's DIY relay panel to build. Now there is another way to wire up your lights so they come on when you turn your lights on and can be dimmed to the same level as your interior lights. I believe Pvan identified the wire color and location. Check out this thread and maybe Pvan will chime in.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?13119-DIY-Spod-Waytekwire/page18

R/
Will

pvanweelden

As Will (Canvas JK) pointed out, the factory switch location is not easy to use. There is a plate behind it, so even if you have any empty switch spot, it isn't easy to use. (Rubicon owners- all the switch locations are used anyway).

You really don't need a separate switch for those led's, just pull up the carpet at the passenger floor board, near the bottom of the kick panel, locate the Yellow wire with white tracers (20 gauge wire).
Splice into it for the positive going to your led's, and ground them at one of the bolts above the passenger kick panel.
They will then come on with your interior lights.

If you want them on any other time, then you want to put a switch some where just for them.

james2003w

Here's a video of someone modding the switch panel like you wanted to do: https://youtu.be/9QrDxvd6uj4
I know this post is kinda old, but could be used for future reference.

JAGS

Hooked
Here's a video of someone modding the switch panel like you wanted to do
I know this post is kinda old, but could be used for future reference.

Um, you realize that was almost 2 years ago. Not to mention, most of these guys aren't even on the forum anymore. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom