New Wrangler Willys

Smithzb

Hey guys I'm new to Jeeps in general. Bought a 2014 Willys Edition Unlimited when I was in Afghanistan and it just got delivered. Any suggestions on lifts, bumper, etc. I'm not going to do any crazy off roading but I want to do this right. I'm a Deputy here at home so I can't break the bank. It will be a alteration here and there. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395339963.845747.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395340029.234327.jpg

budmanm3

Congrats and welcome back.. Good looking Jeep you got there

and in regards to different mods for the Jeep.. one could go on and on all day long on what is best to them.. Its all about looking at your budget, and figuring out what you want to get and when. Just save the pennies, andplan ahead.

:rock::beer:

congrat on getting home, and getting such a good looking rig to start off with. like said above there are endless possiblities of what you can do to that thing. best bet is to make a list. what you want done and start doing hw. i am still fairly new to all this but if i havent been able to find the answer on here in past posts and threads someone has some experience with it or the professional know how as well. you will come to find out a lot of this will be based on Off Road Evolution and their outstanding products. look through the venders who sponsor the site and talk with the pros they will help out a bunch and are willing to work with you and help ya get what you need and what you want. :rock: have fun with it!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to you and welcome home!

I guess the first thing I would ask is how big of a tire are you looking to run?

Smithzb

I'm looking into maybe 33inch tires? Like I said completely new at this and I want the lifted and rugged look but I'm not one that wants to go crazy and have to buy a ladder. I'm 6'1 and I want to be comfortable

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking into maybe 33inch tires? Like I said completely new at this and I want the lifted and rugged look but I'm not one that wants to go crazy and have to buy a ladder. I'm 6'1 and I want to be comfortable

Well, you can practically run 33's as is. If you're wanting a taller stance, I would recommend that you install a 2.5" coil spacer lift or "budget boost". They are affordable and will do the job well.

A_R_A_W_N

Looks awesome I cant wait to pick mine up in July when I pcs from Germany

Sent from my GT-P5113 using WAYALIFE mobile app

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
As previously mentioned, on a budget and for 33s I would go with a spacer lift. I believe the Willys already comes with monotube shocks, so you should be good there. Here's my old 2 door on 33s with just a TF leveling kit
IMG_0323.jpg
IMG_0325.jpg

If you want more of a lift a 2.5 spacer lift would work great for you.
The great thing about a spacer lift is you will get exactly the advertised lift and your ride quality will not change from factory.

NAUJK

I have received a friends 2.5" budget boost. It is not a complete kit, but it does come with the rear shock adapters and rear swaybar bracket. I cannot find the front shock adapters since I moved. It could help you get on your way to lifting your rig. If you would like I can clean all the parts up and mail them to you. Wouldn't be a problem at all, they should fit in a flatrate USPS box no problem.

Smithzb

Ok how about some easy alterations. I'm going to get a grill insert, clear side markers, a stubby antenna, and black lug nuts to start with. I want a suspension lift. I'm looking at the 3" BDS lift, but I'm still definitely looking around. I'm more of an outdoorsman not an avid 4 wheeler.

Top Bottom